[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 2/1/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Feb 1 13:02:28 EST 2020

My show #974.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a listen to my favorite 2019 albums, done countdown style.  This subjective list should take several weeks to complete.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org

February 1, 2020
Muddy Waters /Mannish Boy /Lost Tapes /Blind Pig
This Date in Blues History
1928  Memphis Jug Band /Evergreen Money Blues /self titled /Frog
1928  Frank Stokes /Downtown Blues /Masters of Memphis Blues box /JSP
1930  Butterbeans and Susie /What It Takes to Bring You Back /Story of the Blues /Columbia
1947  St. Louis Jimmy /Now I'm Through /Chronological v1 /Document
1949  Big Bill Broonzy /I Wonder /War and Post War Years box /JSP
1951  Alfred Wallace /Glad I Don't Worry No More /Sunnyland Slim and His Pals box /JSP
1951  Sunnyland Slim /Down Home Child /Sunnyland Slim and His Pals box /JSP
1969  Bloomfield and Gravenites /It Takes Time /Live at Bill Graham's Fillmore West /Columbia
1993  Milwaukee Slim /No Use Waiting' Lemmon Avenue /New Moon
2014  album release Richard Ray Farrell /title track /Shoe Shoppin' Woman /Blue Beet

Birthday Boy  Baby Face Leroy Foster 2/1/23 Algoma MS - 5/26/58 Chicago
as Baby Face Trio /Boll Weevil /Blues World of Little Walter /Delmark
as Baby Face /My Head Can't Rest Anymore /JOB Records Story /Fuel
Leroy Foster /Pet Rabbit /Sunnyland Slim and His Pals box /JSP
Leroy Foster /Blues is Killing Me /JOB Records Story /Fuel
Birthday Boy  Finis Tasby 2/1/40 Nevada TX - 11/7/14 Orange CA
Just a Kiss /West Coast Guitar Killers v3 /El Segundo
Drinkin' Bad Whiskey /People Don't Care /Shanachie
Georgia Slop /Jump Children! /Evidence
wi. Mannish Boys /title track /Lowdown Feelin' /Delta Groove

New on the Menu
Mark Hummel /Rag Mama Rag /Wayback Machine /Electro-Fi
Forrest McDonald Band /Blues in the Basement /Blues in a Bucket /World Talent
Tinsley Ellis /Sit Tight Mama /Ice Cream in Hell /Alligator

Saturday Blue Plate Special  Blue Review 2019 Countdown Finale!
Tie #3  Jontavious Willis /Spectacular Class /Kind of Blue Music
Daddy's Dough
Liquor
Long Winded Woman
Tie #3  Christone Ingram /Kingfish /Alligator
Fresh Out
Been Here Before
That's Fine by Me
#2  Jimmie Vaughan /Baby, Please Come Home /Last Music
Just a Game
24 Hours a Day
Midnight Hour
#1  Jimmy 'Duck' Holmes /Cypress Grove /Easy Eye Sound
Hard Times
Catfish Blues
Goin' Away Baby

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, All of it Blue!
featuring Richard Ray Farrell
old 2002  Fine Little Number /Bohemian Life /Blue Beet
borrowed  Good Mornin' Little Schoolgirl /Down Home Old School Country Blues /Blue Beet
borrowed featuring Raimundo Amador /As the Years Go Passing By /Camino de Sanluca /Blue Beet
new  title track /Three Pints of Gin /Blue Beet
New on the Menu
Jimmy Johnson /Lead Me On /Everyday of Your Life /Delmark
Jimmy Burns wi. Chris Shutters /Stop the Train /Good Gone Bad /Third Street Cigar