[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 12/12/2020

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Dec 12 12:19:38 EST 2020

 My show #1010.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was Blue Review 2020, my look back at some of the fine releases from 2020. This was part 2.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481​
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org<http://www.90fm.org/>

December 12, 2020
Muddy Waters /why Don't You Live so God Can Use You /Complete Plantation Recordings /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1930  Rev. J. M. Gates /Pay Your Policy Man /Best of /Columbia
1940  Tommy McClennan /New Sugar Mama Blues /Bluebird Recordings /RCA
1941  Memphis Minnie /Black Rat Swing /Roots 'n  Blues Retrospectives /Colmbia
1941  Big Joe Williams /Throw a Boogie Woogie /Chronological vol.1 /Document
1944  Sonny Terry  Brownie McGhee /Easy Ridin' Buggy /1941-1946 /JSP
1945  Dinah Washington /My Lovin' Papa /Mellow Mama /Delmark
1951  H-Bomb Ferguson /Preachin' the Blues /Rock H-Bomb Rock! /Big Bang
1955  Guitar Slim /Something to Remember You By /Sufferin' Mind /Specialty
1957  Jimmy Reed /You're Something Else /Complete Singles /Acrobat
1967  Joe Boy Bonner /Dust My Broom /Blues in My Shoes /Blues Factory
1967  Albert King /You Sure Drive a Hard Bargain /Hard Bargain /Stax
1990  Herman Alexander /Poor Boy Blues /Highway 61 /Wolf
Birthday Boys
John Weston  1927 Helena Arkansas
Rainy Weather Blues /Blues Across America: Helena /Cannonball
Because of Love /So Doggone Blue /Evidence
Lonesome Sundown  1928  Donaldsville Louisiana
Lost Without Love /Best of Excel Singles /Excello
Sundown Blues /I'm a Mojo Man /Ace
This is the Blues /Been Gone Too Long /High Tone
Willie Willis  1931  Fairfield Texas
Happy Holiday /Down Home in Texas /Trix
title track /Can't Help but Have the Blues /Fedora
Martin Big Boy Grant 1971  Senatobia Mississippi
with The All Night Long Blues Band
title track /Ain't Gonna Stop /self
Somebody Got to Win, Somebody Got to Lose /Ain't Gonna Stop /Self
Shake Your Shimmy /Shake /self
Night Fishin' /Rollin' and Tumbling' /self
New on the Menu
John Fusco /title track John the Revelator /self
Saturday Blue Plate Special  Blue Review 2020 part 2
Chickenbone Slim /Vampire Baby /Sleeper /Lo-Fi Mob
Eric Hughes /Ain't Whipped Yet /Postcard from Beale Street /Endless Blues
Shemekia Copeland /title track /Uncivil War /Alligator
Liz Mandeville He Loves My Biscuits /Playing with Fire /Blue Kitty
Forrest McDonald /title track /Blues in a Bucket /World Talent
Lisa Mills /Tell Mama /The Triangle /Melody Place
Danielle Miraglia /Meet Me in the Morning /Bright Shining Stars /Vizztone
The Mystix /Outlaw Blues /Can't Change It /self
Nighthawks /Tell Me What I Did Wrong /Tryin' to Get to You /Eller Soul
Peter Parcek /Beyond Here Lies Nothing /Mississippi Suitcase /Lightnin
Anni Piper /Two's Company /Blow Up Doll /Sugar Daddy
The Proven Ones /Whom My Soul Loves /You Ain't Done /Gulf Coast
Reverend Freakchild /I Know You Rider /Bodhisattva Blues /Treated and Released
Kat Riggins /No Sale /Cry Out /Gulf Coast
Thorbjorn Risager /Over the Hill /Come on In /Ruf
Roomful of Blues /what Can I Do? /In a Roomful of Blues /Alligator
Chris Shutters wi. Jimmy Burns /Miss Anni Lou /God Gone Bad /3rd Street Cigar
Sir Rod and The Blues Doctors /title track /Come Together /self
Smokewagon Blues Band /Ain't Gonna be Your Fool /Ballad of Albert Johnson /self
JD Taylor /Hangin' On /Coldwater Sessions /Vizztone
Mark Telesca /99 Tears /High Vibrations /self
Ron Thompson /Bring Me My Shotgun /From the Patio /Little Village Foundation
Andy Watts /Don't Take My Blues Away /Supergroove /Boogie Music
Watermelon Slim /Let It be in Memphis /Travelin' Man /NorthernBlues
Kenny Blues Boss Wayne /Motor Mouth Woman /Go, Just Do It! /Stony Plain
CD Woodbury /Walk Around Music /World's Gone Crazy /self