[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 8/31/19

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Aug 31 15:50:37 EDT 2019

My show #954.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was tuneage for the holiday, Labor Day,

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org

August 31, 2019
​Muddy Waters /Country Blues #1 /Complete Plantation Blues /Chess
Muddy Waters /I Be's Troubled /Complete Plantation Blues /Chess

This Date in Blues History
1928  Ishman Bracey /Leavin' Blues /Mississppi Blues /Catfish
1928  Tommy Johnson /Canned Heat Blues /Mississppi Blues /Catfish
1941  Son House /Shetland Pony Blues /Mississppi Blues /Catfish
1949  Jimmy Baby Face Lewis /All Night Lover Blues /Complete Recordings '47-'55 /Blue Moon
1949  Little Esther /Mean Ole Gal /Come on Daddy /El Toro
1950  Ralph Willis /Somebody's Got to Go /v1 '44-'51 /Document
1954  Daddy Cleanhead /Something Going on In My Room /Jumpin' and Jivin' /Specialty
1966  Junior Wellls /Up in Heah /You're Tuff Enough /Mercury
2001  Joe Moss /title track /Monster Love /212

Birthday Boy Bobby Parker 8/31/37 Lafayette LA
wi. Paul Williams Orchestra /Once Upon a Time /East Coast Guitar Killers /El Segundo
wi. Paul Williams Orchestra /Titanic /East Coast Guitar Killers /El Segundo
Bobby Parker /Blues Get Off My Shoulder //East Coast Guitar Killers /El Segundo
Bobby Parker /Watch Your Step /East Coast Guitar Killers /El Segundo
Bobby Parker /It's Too Late, Darling /East Coast Guitar Killers /El Segundo
Bobby Parker /So Glad That I Found You /Bent Out of Shape /Black Top
Bobby Parker /Fast Train /Bent Out of Shape /Black Top
Bobby Parker /Stamps on Your Letter /Shine Me Up /Black Top

New on the Menu
Big Mama Thornton /Ball n' Chain /Ann Arbor Blues Festival 1969 /ThirdMan
Emery Williams Jr. /Mama Don't Weep /Battle of the Blues: Oakland vs Chicago
Billy Branch /Hate to See You Go /Roots and Branches /Alligator
James Harman /Eatin' Manatee /Liquor Parking /BigTone
Billy Price /title track /Dog Eat Dog /Gulf Coast
Detroit Jr. / Money Tree /Cadillac Baby's Bea and Baby Records /Earwig

The Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Blues for Labor Day"
Lonnie Johnson /Crowing Rooster Blues /Essential /Blues Classics
Hi Henry Brown /Nut Factory Blues /Essential Charly Jordan /Classic Blues
Peetie Wheatstraw /Working on The Project /Essential /Classic Blues
Jimmy Witherspoon /Hard Working Man's Blues /Urban Blues Singing Legend /JSP
Three Bits of Rhythm /I Used to Work in Chicago /Modern Music-The First Year /Ace
Rufus Thomas /Night Working Blues /The Early Years /Blues City
Ashton Savoy /Need Shorter Hours /Bayou Blues Blasters /Ace
Arbee Stidham /Pawnshop Blues /Tired of Wandering /Prestige
Ricky Allen /Eighty Hour Week /Remember the Time /Official
Sunnyland Slim /Workin' Two Jobs /Be Careful How You Vote /Earwig
Rod Piazza /Hard Work Boogie /Essential /HighTone
Teddy Reynolds /I Work Five Days a Week /Gulf Coast Blues /Black Top
Harmonica Fats  Bernie Pearl /Everyday is a Working Day for Me /Two Heads are Better... /Bee Bump
Snooky Pryor  Mel Brown /Work til My Days are Gone /Double Shot /Electro-Fi
Bill Lupkin /Bad Luck /Hard Pill to Swallow /Blue Bella
Karen Lovely /Company Graveyard /Ten Miles of Bad Road /self
San Pedro Slim /Low Pay Loser Blues /In Times Like These /Mojo King
Rockin' Johnny /I Ain't Gonna be a Workin' Man /Neoprene Fedora /WestTone
B.B. King Blues Band /Pocket Full of Money /The Soul of the King /Ruf

New on the Menu
Big Jack Reynolds /You Won't Treat Me Right /That's a Good Way to Get to Heaven /Third Street Cigar
Professor Louie and the Crowmatix /Orange Juice Blues /Miles of Blues /Woodstock
Bobby Rush /Bobby Rush Shuffle /Sitting on Top of the Blues /Deep Rush
Nick Moss Band /title track /Lucky Guy! /Alligator
Ronnie Earl and the Broadcasters /A Soul That's Been Abused /Beyond the Blue Door /Stony Plain