[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 8/24/19

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Aug 24 16:06:41 EDT 2019

My show #953.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a farewell to Larry "The Mole" Taylor.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org

August 24, 2019
​Muddy Waters /Long Distance Call /Honey Bee /Wolf

This Date in Blues History
1934  ​St. Louis Jimmy /Pipe Layin' Blues /He Got Out His Big Ten Inch /Indigo
1934  Memphis Minnie /Banana Man (I Don't Want That Thing) /Please Warm My Weiner /Yazoo
1934  Lee Green wi. Charley Jordan /Memphis Fives /Essential /Classic Blues
1934  Peetie Wheatstraw /Throw Me in the Alley /Essential /Classic Blues
1951  Jumpin' Joe Williams /Hey Bartender, Give That Man a Drink /Oken R&B Story /Okeh
1954  Big John and The Buzzards /Oop Shoop  /Oken R&B Story /Okeh
1967  R.L. Burnside /Peaches /First Recordings /Fat Possum
1974  Charlie Musselwhite /If Trouble was Money /Memphis Charlie /Arhoolie
1991  Big Bad Smitty /How Many More Years /Mean Disposition /Genes
1992  Nothing but Smoke /Lucky Peterson /I'm Ready /Verve

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed
All of It Blue!  featuring Nick Moss
wi. Willie Smith /Sure as You Live /Bag Full of Blues /Blind Pig
and The Flip Tops /Try to Treat You Right /First Offense /Blue Bella
and the Flip Tops /Boogie Man /Got a New Plan /Blue Bella
and the Flip Tops /I Love the Woman /Live at Chan's /Blue Bella
Nick Moss Band /The Comet /Lucky Guy! /Alligator

New on the Menu
Mary Lane wi. Michael Bloom /Dust My Broom /Whisper in the Wind /self
Bobby Rush /Recipe for Love /Sitting on Top of the Blues /Deep Rush
Big Jack Reynolds /In My Room /That's a Good Way to Get to Heaven /Third Street Cigars
James Harman /To Each His Own /Liquor Parking /BigTone

Saturday Blue Plate Special  Farewell to Larry "The Mole" Taylor 6/26/42 - 8/19/19
wi. The Monkees /Monkees' Theme /Best of /Arista
wi. Canned Heat /Nine Below Zero /Uncanned /
wi. Canned Heat /Rollin' and Tumblin' /Uncanned
wi. Canned Heat /Fried Hockey Boogie /Boogie With Canned Heat /Liberty
wi. John Mayall /My Pretty Girl /U.S.A. Union /Polydor
wi. Rod Piazza /Third Degree /Vintage Live 1975 /Tone Cool
wi. Shakey Jake /Down So Long /The Key Won't Fit /Murray Brothers
wi. Eddie Vinson and Hollywood Fats /Kidney Stew Blues /Larger Than Life/Delta Groove
wi. Hollywood Fats Band /title track /Rocks This House /Black Top
wi. Smokey Wilson /Standing at the Crossroads /88th Street Blues /Bullseye
wi. James Harman /title track /Mo' Na'kins, Please /Cannonball
wi. Junior Watson /Cool Evening /Long Overdue /Black Top
wi. Charlie Musselwhite /The Big Boat /In My Time /Alligator
wi. Kim Wilson /I've Been Searchin' /That's Life /Antone's
wi. Lynwood Slim /Fine as Wine /World Wide Wood /Pacific Blues
wi. Big Al Blake /Rock Me Baby /Mr. Blake's Blues /Blue Collar
wi. Finis Tasby /title track /Jump Children! /Evidence
wi. Candye Kane /One More Day /Toughest Girl Alive /Bullseye
wi. Buddy Guy /Can't be Satisfied /Lightning in a Bottle /Columbia
wi. Floyd Dixon /I'm Gonna Move to the Outskirts of Town /Time Brings About a Change /High John
wi. Hollywood Blue Flames /Nit Wit /Deep in America /Delta Groove
wi. Barrelhouse Chuck /Thirty Days /Driftin' from Town to Town /The Sirens
wi. Kim Wilson /From the Bottom /Blues and Boogie v1 /Severn

New on the Menu
Billy Branch /One More Chance with You /Roots and Branches /Alligator
Terry Hanck /Howlin' for My Darlin' I Still Get Excited /Vizztone
Emery Williams Jr. /Hurtin' on You /Battle of the Blues /Delta Roots
Ronnie Earl /Peace of Mind /Beyond the Blue Door /Stony Plain