[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 8/17/19

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Aug 17 15:35:44 EDT 2019

My show #952.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was live tuneage.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org

August 17, 2019
​Muddy Waters /Catfish Blues /Lost Tapes /ACT
Muddy Waters /In the City /Lost Tapes /ACT

This Date in Blues History
1929  Blind Blake /Chumpman Blues /All the Published Sides vol.D /JSP
1929  Charlie Spand /Moanin' the Blues /Boogie Woogie Pioneers /Document
1951  Willard McDaniel /3 a.m. Boogie /Legends of Boogie Woogie /Specialty
1955  Donna Hightower /He's My Baby /Hands Off! /Ace
1970  PeeWee Crayton /S.K. Blues /Things I Used to Do /Vanguard
1973  Howlin' Wolf /Coon on the Moon /Back Door Wolf /Chess
1976  Sonny Rhodes /Take the Bitter with the Sweet /I Don't Want My Blues Colored Bright /Black Magic
1977  Big Time Sarah /Big Time Operator /She Got a Thing Goin' On /Earwig
1980  Son Seals /Don't Throw Your Love on Me So Strong /Blues Deluxe (lp) /XRT
2004 release  Mavis Staples /Step Into the Light /Have a Little Faith /Alligator
2007  Byther Smith /Hard Times /Blues on the Moon /Delmark
2012  Reverend Raven /Chicken Heads /Live at the Big Bull /Nevermore

Tunes Performed at Woodstock... The Originals
Henry Thomas /Bull Doze Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v11 /Blues Images
John Lee Sonny Boy Williamson /Good Morning Little School Girl /1937-1938 /RCA
T-Bone Walker /Call It Stormy Monday, But Tuesday is Just as Bad /Very Best of /Koch
Big Mama Thornton /title track /Ball 'n Chain /Arhoolie
Rice Miller /Help Me /Essential /Chess
J.B. Lenore <sp> /Mama Talk to Your Daughter /Chess Blues box v2 /Chess
Johnny Moore's Three Blazers /Drifting Blues /Charles Brown '44-'45 /Classics
Albert King /title track /Born Under a Bad Sign /Stax

New on the Menu
Nick Moss Band /312 Blood /Lucky Guy! /Alligator
Ronnie Earl /Baby How Long /Beyond the Blue Door /Stony Plain
James Harman /Done Deal /Liquor Parking /BigTone
Jimmie Vaughan /It's Love Baby /Baby, Please Come Home /Last Music

Birthday Boys
Walter Brown  08/17/17  Dallas TX
wi. Jay McShann /Hootie's Ignorant Oil /Drink Up-Light Up! /Fantastic Voyage
Walter Brown /Gonna Open Up a Business /1945-1947 /Classics
Johnny (Guitar) Jones 8/17/36  Eads TN
Johnny Jones and His Imperial 7 /Really part 1 /Night Train to Nashville /CMF
Johnny Jones /Can I Get an Amen /I was Raised on the Blues /Black Magic
Johnny Jones /I'll be the Judge of That /Blues is in the House /NorthernBlues
Luther Allison 8/17/39  Widener AR
Luther Allison /Drivin' Wheel /Underground /Ruf
Luther Allison /Why I Love the Blues /Love Me Mama /Delmark
Luther Allison /Cherry Red Wine /Live in Chicago v1 /Alligator

Saturday Blue Plate Special "Blues Alive"
Meade Lux Lewis /Dupree Blues /Boogie Woogie Stomp /Delmark
Jimmy Witherspoon /No Rollin' Blues /Urban Blues Singing Legend /JSP
Muddy Waters /Soon Forgotten /Live at Newport 1960 /Chess
Lightnin' Hopkins /Big Car Blues /Blues Hoot /DCC
John Lee Hooker /What'd I Say /Live at Sugar Hill v2 /Fantasy
Rev. Robert Wilkins /Glory Glory Hallelujah /Rare Chicago Blues /Bullseye
Buddy Guy /Things I Used to Do /My Time After a While /Vanguard

New on the Menu
Nat Bolden /Good Morning Mr. Blues /Battle of the Blues: Chicago vs Oakland /Delta Roots
Bobby Rush /Good Stuff /Sitting on Top of the Blues /Deep Rush
Coco Montoya /Lights are On, but Nobody's Home /Coming in Hot /Alligator
Billy Branch /You're So Fine /Roots and Branches /Alligator
Big Jack Reynolds /Honest I Do /That's a Good Way to Get to Heaven /3rd Street Cigar
Terry Hanck /Rosita (No Wall Can Hold Our Love) /I Still Get Excited /Vizztone