[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 8/3/19

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Aug 3 15:47:53 EDT 2019

My show #951.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was theme driven tuneage about friends, good ones and bad.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.c<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>om
listen on the air   www.90fm.org

August 3, 2019
Aristocrat Records single # 1302
Muddy Waters /Gypsy Woman /Real Folk Blues /Chess
Muddy Waters /Little Anna Mae /Rare and Unissued /Chess

This Date in Blues History
1932  Memphis Jug Band /Bottle It Up and Go /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v2 /Blues Images
1933  Will Batts / Highway 61 Blues /Roots 'n Blues Retrospectives v2 /Columbia
1937  John Estes /Airplane Blues /Legends of Country Blues Artists vol. B /JSP
1937  Charlie Pickett /Down the Highway /Legends of Country Blues Artists vol. D /JSP
1953  Dave Bartholomew /No More Black Nights /Jump Children! /Jasmine
1955  Lowell Fulson /Trouble, Trouble /Complete Chess Recordings /Chess
1960  Lightnin' Slim /Cool Down Baby /I'm Evil: Rare and Unissued /Excello
1960  Bobby Bland /I've Been Wrong So Long /The Singles: A's and B's /Acrobat
1960  Little Jr. Parker /In the Dark /Duke Recordings /MCA
1966  Albert King /Oh, Pretty Woman /Born Under a Bad Sign /Stax

Farewell Dade Grode 12/30/55 - 07/25/19
Boilerhouse Blues Band /Walking the Pavement Blues /Playing with Fire /self
Boilerhouse Blues Band /Boilerhouse Blues /Playing with Fire /self
GT (Grode and Taunton) /title track /So Far, So Good /self
Deepwater Reunion /Messin' with the Kid /Live at The Elbo-Room /self
Deepwater Reunion /title track /Noname, Small Town Blues /self

Birthday Boy Alex "Easy Baby" Randle
Easy Baby /Good Morning Mr. Blues /Low Blows /Rooster
Easy Baby /Beggin' Woman /If It Ain't One Thing, It's Another /Wolf
Easy Baby /All Pretty Women /If It Ain't One Thing, It's Another /Wolf
​Easy Baby /Room 309 /Blues Harmonica Orgy /Random Chance

New on the Menu
Bobby Rush /Hey, Hey Bobby Rush /Sitting on Top of the Blues /Deep Rush
Terry Hanck /Smooth Tyrone /I Still Get Excited /Vizztone
Jimmie Vaughan /Be My Lovey Dovey /Baby, Please Come Home /Last Music

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Friends"
Tampa Red /Uncle Bud /Voice of the Blues /Catfish
Leroy Carr  Scrapper Blackwell /The Truth About the Thing /Chronological vol. 1 /Document
Bessie Smith /Nobody Knows When You're Down and Out /The Collection /Columbia
Lovin' Sam Theard /You Rascal You /Essential Cow Cow Davenport /Classic Blues
Kansas Joe McCoy /Preachers Blues /One in a Hundred /ABM
Lucille Bogan /Man Stealer Blues /Best of /Columbia
Louis Jordan /Do You Call That a Buddy /1938-1940 /JSP
Lil Green /Let's be Friends /1940-1941 /Classic Blues
Red Mack /Gimme Some Skin, My Man /Sumpin' Jumping' /Blaze
Nat Cole /Loan Me Two til Tuesday /Cocktail Combos v1 /Capitol
Sunnyland Slim /Johnson Machine Gun /Chess Blues box v1 /Chess
Howlin' Wolf /My Friends aka Stealin' My Clothes /Sings the Blues /Ace
Rev. Gary Davis /Let Us Get Together, Right Down Here /Harlem Street Singer /Bluesville
Frank Frost /title track /Jelly Roll King /Charly
Johnny Winter /When You Got a Good Friend /self titled /Columbia
Freddie King /Can't Trust Your Neighbor /Texas Cannonball /Shelter
Marc Benno /Friends /Crawlin /Black Skunk
Stevie Ray Vaughan /Life by the Drop /the Sky is Crying /Epic
Mike Morgan /title track /I Ain't Worried No More /Black Top
William Clarke /Saint or Sinner /Groove Time /Alligator
Blind Mississippi Morris /When a Woman Gets in Trouble /You Know I Like That /Ice House
Charlie Musselwhite /Blues, Why Do You Worry Me /Juke Joint Chapel /Henrietta
James Harman /Crazy Mixed Up World /Remembering Little Walter /Blind Pig

New on the Menu
Billy Branch and the SoBs /Just Your Fool - Key to the Highway /Roots and Branches /Alligator
Big Jack Reynolds /Mean Old People /That's a Good Way to Get to Heaven /Third Street Cigar
Lil A and the Allnighters /Hip Shake /Hip Ya /Straight Up