[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 5/12/18

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat May 12 16:40:20 EDT 2018

My show # 898.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was theme driven tune age about fishing.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

May 12, 2018
This Date in Blues History
Chess Record # 1827
1952  Muddy Waters /Please Have Mercy /Rollin' Stone /Chess

1934  Tampa Red /That Stuff in Here /Guitar Wizard /Columbia

1936  Georgia White /Pig Meat Blues /Barbecue Any Old Time /Old Hat

1938  Cow Cow Davenport /I Ain't No Ice Man /Essential /Classic Blues

1938  Kokomo Arnold /Midnight Blues /Old Original Kokomo Blues /Wolf

1952  Little Walter /Juke /The Singles A and B Sides /Jasmine

1952  Floyd Dixon /Call Operator 210 /Cocktail Combos /Capitol

1954  John Lee Hooker /Anybody's Blues /Everybody's Blues /Specialty

Something Old Something New Something Borrowed  All of out Blue!

featuring birthday boy Guy Davis

Guy Davis /Wintertime Blues /Stomp Down Rider /Red House

Guy Davis /Saturday Blues /True Blues /Telarc

Guy Davis /Georgia Flood /You Don't Know My Mind /Red House

Guy Davis /Walk On /Sonny and Brownie's Last Train /M.C.

New on the Menu

John Clifton /Still a Fool /Nightlife /Rip Cat

Too Slim and the Taildraggers /One Step at a Time /High Desert Heat /Vizztone

Dany Franchi /Real Love /Problem Child /Station House

Kid Ramos /Jesus Come by Here /Old School /Rip Cat

Johnny Tucker /Come on Home to Me /Seven Day Blues /HighTone

Nick Moss /A Pledge to You /The High Cost of Low Living /Alligator

Little Boys Blue /Six Foot Down /Hard Blue Space /Vizztone

Ben Harper  Charlie Musselwhite /The Bottle Wins Again /No Mercy in This Land /Anti

Grand Marquis /title track /Brighter Days /self

Freddie Pate /title track /I Got the Blues /self

James Harman /Glide /Fineprint /Electro-Fi

Saturday Blue Plate Special "Fishin' Hole Blues"

Henry Thomas /fishing Blues /Texas Worried Blues /Yazoo

Kansas City Kitty /Fish House Blues /He Got Out His Big 10 Inch /Indigo

Tampa Red /Kingfish Blues /Bluebird Recordings '34-'36 /RCA

Robert Petway /Catfish Blues /Mississippi Blues /Wolf

Willie Love /Everybody's Fishing /Delta Blues /Alligator

Smokey Hogg /Crawdad /Angels in Harlem /Specialty

Chuck Willis /Wrong Lake to Catch a Fish /Let's Jump Tonight /Epic

Lee Jackson /Fishin' in My Pond /Mr. Dixon's Workshop /Fuel

John Henry Hopkins /I Want to Go Fishing /Hopkins Brothers /Arhoolie

Dewey Corley /Fishing in the Dark /Mississippi Delta Blues /Arhoolie

Jimmy Rogers /Fishing in My Pond /The Dirty Dozens /JSP

Big Leon Brooks /Please Mr. Catfish /Let's go to Town /Earwig

Koko Taylor /Fishing Trip /Jump for Joy /Alligator

Mitch Woods /Crawfishin' /Solid Gold Cadillac /Blind Pig

Big Pete Pearson /Catfish and Whiskey /One More Drink /Blue Witch

Eric Hughes /You Cook 'em I Caught 'em /Paycheck Boogie /self

Mud Morganfield /Catfishing /son of the Seventh Son /Severn

James Day /Fish Where They Bite /Firecracker /Neon Blue

Brandon Santini /Fish is Bitin' /This Time Another Year /Swing Suit

Harrison Kennedy /Nothin' to Lose /Soulscape /Electro-Fi

All Night Long Blues Band /Betcha Going' Fishing' /Rollin' and Tumblin' /self

Cash Box Kings /Everybody's Fishing /Holding Court /Blind Pig

Daddy Mack Blues Band /I Like Fishing /A Bluesman Looks at 70 /Inside Sounds

Eric Hughes /Believe I'm Going Fishing /Meet Me in Memphis /self

Willie Jackson /I'll Throw You Back /Chosen by the Blues /self