[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 1/27/18

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jan 27 18:19:12 EST 2018

My show # 888.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was part 4 of the annual countdown of my personal favorite blues albums from 2017.  Also some tunes for birthday boys Smokey Hogg, Elmore James and Bobby Bland.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

January 27, 2018
Muddy Waters /Going Home /Honeybee /Wolf

This Date in Blues History

1930  Lizzie Miles /Electrician Blues /Roots of the Blues v1 /Direct Source

1938  Bille Holiday /When a Woman Loves a Man /Greatest Hits /Columbia
1954  Johnny Ace /Pledging My Love /Aces Wild v1 /Fantastic Voyage
1955  Fats Domino /Dont You Know /They Call Me the Fat Man v1 /EMI
1957  Ann Cole /Got My Mojo Workin' /Blues Masters v5 /Rhino
1962  Curtis Jones /Lonesome in My Bedroom Blues /Blues Piano Orgy /Delmark
1989  Eddy Clearwater /I'll Change My Style /A Real Good Time - Live! /Rooster
1999  Joe Louis Walker /Runnin' from the Devil /Silver Tone Blues /Blue Thumb

Birthday Boy  Andrew Smokey Hogg
Smokey Hogg /Too Many Drivers /Deep Ellum Rambler /Ace
Smokey Hogg /You Better Watch That Jive /Angels in Harlem /Specialty
Smokey Hogg /Look in Your Eyes Pretty Mama /Deep Ellum Rambler /Ace

Smokey Hogg /Good Mornin' Baby /Angels in Harlem /Specialty

Birthday Boy  Century Artist  Elmore James

Elmore James /Dust My Broom /King Biscuit Time /Arhoolie

Elmore James /Long Tall Woman /Travelin' Record Man /Ace

Elmore James /No Love in My Heart /Blues After Hours /Flair

Elmore James /Madison Blues /Whose Muddy Shoes /Chess

Elmore James /The Sky is Crying /King of the Slide Guitar v1/Capricorn

Elmore James /My Kind of Woman //King of the Slide Guitar v1/Capricorn

Elmore James /Make My Dreams Come True /King of the Slide Guitar v2 /Capricorn

Elmore James Jr. /Mean Mistreater /Baby Please Set a Date /Wolf

Request  Blues had a Baby

Prodigal Son Rolling Stones /Beggar's Banquet /Abkco

Robert Wilkins /That's No Way to Get Along /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v7 /Blues Images

Rolling Stones /Love in Vain /Let It Bleed /Abkco

Robert Johnson /Love in Vain Blues /King of the Delta Blues Singers v2 /Columbia

Birthday Boy  Bobby Blue Bland

Bobby Bland /Good Lovin' /Singles Collection /Acrobat

Bobby Bland /Farther on Up the Road /Singles Collection /Acrobat

Bobby Bland /Teach Me (How to Love You) /Singles Collection /Acrobat

Bobby Bland /Memphis Monday Morning /radio single /Malaco

Saturday Blue Plate Special  Album Countdown  Blue Review 2017

#9  various /Howlin' at Greaseland /West Tone

Lee Donald /44 Blues

Taildragger /Don't Trust No Woman

Henry Gray /Little Red Rooster

John 'Blues' Boyd /Spoonful

#8  Ronnie Earl and the Broadcasters /The Luckiest Man /Stony Plain

Death Don't Have No Mercy

Long Lost Conversation

Jim's Song

#7  Jontavious Willis /Blue Metamorphosis /self

So-So Blues

Drunk Sunday

Luxurious Man

I Got a Jankey Woman

#6  Rick Estrin and the Nightcats /Groovin' in Greaseland /Alligator

The Blues Ain't Going Nowhere

I Ain't All That

Another Lonesome Day

It's Hot in Here

New on the Menu

Bernard Allison /You're Gonna Need Me /Let It GO /Ruf

Mick Kolassa /Key to the Highway /Double Standards /Swing Suit

Curtis Salgado  Alan Hager /I Will Not Surrender /Rough Cut /Alligator

Chris Smither /Noboody Home /Call Me Lucky (side B) /Signature Sounds

Cameron Kimbrough and Hypnotic Witness /Leave Her Alone /Muddy Gurdy /Vizztone