[Blues-l] future of Blues-L

pattykeyes pattykeyes@charter.net
Sun Jan 21 19:01:59 EST 2018

I miss the interaction and people but have to admit I was more of a lurker after being" put in my place" by a few who knew more than I.
Patty

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S8.
-------- Original message --------From: Walter via Blues-l <blues-l@blues-l.com> Date: 1/21/18  12:58 PM  (GMT-08:00) To: blues-l@blues-l.com Subject: Re: [Blues-l] future of Blues-L
I too miss the activity. Its hard to get enthusiastic about posting
something when the response is a resounding silence. I did notice that
the decline in listserv activity almost paralleled the rise of Facebook.
The Johnny Winter "guitar slinger" listserv went down really fast.

I too miss Chuck Nevitt. He could be thick headed sometimes but his
heart was in the right place.
--
Walter AKA maxdog

On 1/21/2018 12:38 PM, Terence McArdle via Blues-l wrote:
> Yes, I miss the activity. I don't think the problem is just a migration to Facebook. I think Blues-L offline for quite awhile at one point and the list has changed servers too many times.
>
> Also, I shared some things that I'd found through Google alerts. However, I just got a lot of grief from people griping about the stories being behind a paywall. So I stopped.
>
> Most subscribers didn't post regularly. It was mostly diehards who posted everyday with the majority lurking.
>
> Technology keeps shrinking everything into increasingly narrow niches -- look at our politics --  and people spend less time engaged with their surroundings (unless it's the game on a big TV at the bar.) I miss Blues-L because you could keep up on who was touring, where the gigs were, etc. But apparently, there are now fewer gigs and very few tours. And I miss Chuck Nevitt.
>
> Terence

---
http://www.avg.com