[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 1/20/18

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jan 20 19:34:44 EST 2018

My show # 887.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was part 3 of the annual countdown of my personal favorite blues albums from 2017.  Also some tunes for birthday boy Lead Belly.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

January 20, 2018
Muddy Waters /The Call Me Muddy Waters /Chicago 1979 /Charly

This Date in Blues History
1935  Lead Belly /Salty Dog /Definitive v2 /Catfish
1950  Joe Liggins /Rag Mop /Shuffle Boogie King /Proper
1953  Johnny Guitar Watson /Motor Head Baby /3 Hours Past Midnight /Flair
1954  Big Maybelle /No More Trouble Out of Me /Complete Okeh Recordings /Okeh
1958  Dinah Washinton /If I Could be with You /Sings Bessie Smith /Verve
1965  Koko Taylor /Whatever I Am, You Made Me /self titled /Chess
1971  Hubert Sumlin /I Can't Lose with the Stuff I Use /Kings of Chicago Blues v2 /Vogue
1980  Albert Collins  /Brick /Frostbite /Alligator

Birthday Boy   Lead Belly 1/20/1889 Mooringsport LA
Lead Belly /Grasshopper in my Pillow /Definitive Collection v1 /Catfish
Lead Belly /Tight Like That /Definitive Collection v1 /Catfish
Lead Belly /Eagle Rock Rag /Definitive Collection v2 /Catfish
Lead Belly /Well You Know I had to Do It /Definitive Collection v1 /Catfish
Lead Belly /Good Morning Blues /Definitive Collection v3 /Catfish
Lead Belly /Leaving Blues /Definitive Collection v3 /Catfish

Covers of Lead Belly tunes
Maxwell St. Jimmy /Alberta /Takoma Blues /Takoma
Paul Rishell /Fannin Street /Talking Guitar /Mojo Rodeo
MS Fred McDowell /Red Cross Store /Mama Says I'm Crazy /Fat Possum

Mitch Woods /Take This Hammer /Friends Along the Way /e-One

New on the Menu

Billy Thompson /In the Back of Beyond /BT /self

Hurrican Ruth /Beekeeper /Ain't Ready for the Grave /self

Saturday Blue Plate Special  Blue Review 2017 Album Countdown part 3

#14  San Pedro Slim /In Times Like These /Mojo King

When You Get Hurt

Give It Time

No Overtime

Down on Pacific

#13  R.L. Boyce /Roll and Tumble /Waxploitation

R.L.'s Boogie

Roll and Tumble

Goin' Down South

#12  Janiva Magness /Blue Again /Blye Elan

More Than You Will Ever Know

If I Can't Have You

Buck

Pack It Up

#11  Eastside Kings /self titled /Dialtone

Let the Good Times Roll

Whisper in Your Ear

Whiskey Drinking Woman

first Name is Jabo

#10  John Primer  Bob Corritore /Ain't Nothing You Can Do /Delta Groove

Elevate Me Mama

Big Leg Woman

May I Have a Talk with You

Harmonica Boogaloo

New on the Menu

Rockin' Johnny Burgin  /Let Me be Your Teddy Bear /Neoprene Fedora /West Tone

Muddy Gurdy /see My Jumper Hanging on the Line .self titled /Vizztone

Curtis Salgao  Alan Hager /So Near to Nowhere /Rough Cut /Alligator

Mick Kolassa  Tullie Brae /Rock Me Baby /Double Standard /Swing Suit