[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 1/13/18

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jan 13 16:44:12 EST 2018

My show # 886.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was part 2 of the annual countdown of my personal favorite blues albums from 2017.  Also some tunes for birthday boy David Kid Ramos.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

January 6, 2018
Chess record # 1550
Muddy Waters /Blow Wind Blow /Chess Masters '52-'58 /Chess
Muddy Waters /Mad Love (I Want You to Love Me) /Chess Masters '52-'58 /Chess

This Date in Blues History
1948  Perry Cain /All the Way from Texas /Texas Blues /Arhoolie
1953  Earl Forest /Last Night's Dream /Robey's R&B Dukes /Duke
1953  Johnny Ace /The Clock /Ace's Wild v1 /Fantastic Voyage
1955  Lowell Fulson /Loving You /Chess Masters /Chess
1956  The Avalons /Oh Sweetness /Rockin' the Groove /Bear Family
1975  Junior Wells /Baby, Scratch My Back /Live at Theresa's 1975 /Delmark
1993  Big Daddy Kinsey /Nine Below Zero /I am the Blues /Gitanes
1999  John Primer /Every Time You Touch Me /Knocking at Your Door /Telarc

Birthday Boy Kid Ramos  49 today!
wi. James Harman /I've Been Loving You /Those Dangerous Gentlemens /Rhino
wi. James Harman /All Night Boogie /Extra Napkins /Cannonball
wi. James Harman /Strictly Live in '85 /Pacific Blue/
Kid Ramos /title track /Two Hands, One Heart /Black Top

Kid Ramos /Dead Love /Kid Ramos /Evidence

Kid Ramos /Bring It Home to Me /West Coast House Party /Evidence

Kid Ramos /It's Hot in Here /Greasy Kid Stuff /Evidence

wi. Floyd Dixon /Call Operatopr 210 /Time Brings About a Change /High John

wi. Big Pete Pearson /Possum Up a Tree /I'm Here, Baby /Blue Witch

wi. Los Fabulocos /I Never Thought /Dos /Delta Groove

wi. the 44s /Hangin' Tree /Americana /Rip Cat

wi. Janiva Magness /I Can Tell /Blue Again /Blue Elan

New on the Menu

Curtis Salgado  Alan Hager /I Want My Dog to Live Longer /Rough Cut /Alligator

Muddy Gurdy /Goin' Down South /self titled /Vizztone

Billy Thompson /Stranger /BT /self

Tinsley Ellis /Saving Grace /Winning Hand /Alligator

Rockin' Johnny Burgin /Please Tell Me /Neoprene Fedora /West Tone

Saturday Blue Plate Special  Blue Review 2017 Album Countdown part 2
# 20  Dylan Bishop /The Exciting Sounds of... /self
What You Do to Me
I'm Not Ashamed
Your Natural charms
Who's Been Peepin'

#19  Harrison Kennedy /Who U Tellin' /electro-Fi
Can U Feel Me Now?
Keep Your Coat On
Long Pants
Patches

#18  Billy Flynn /Lonesome Highway /Delmark
Small Town
Jackson Street
You are My Lover
Blues Express

#17  Mitch Woods /Friends Along the Way /e-One
Cryin' for My Baby
Nasty Boogie
Saturday Night Boogie Woogie Man
Never Get Out of These Blues Alive