[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 4/28/18

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Apr 28 15:41:39 EDT 2018

My show # 897.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special honored century artist J.T. Brown.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

April 28, 2018
Chess Record # 1827
Muddy Waters /You Shook Me /Chess Masters '58-'63 /Chess
Muddy Waters /Muddy Waters Twist /Chess Masters '58-'63 /Chess

This Date in Blues History
1923  Bessie Smith /Mama's Got the Blues /Volume 1 /Frog
1938  Johnnie Temple /Every Dog Must Have His Day /Blues from Mississippi '35-'40 /Fremeaux
1949  Louis Jordan School Days /1949-1950 /JSP
1950  John Lee Hooker /Do My Baby Think of Me /Everybody's Blues /Specialty
1952  Snooky Pryor /I'm Getting Tired /self titled /Paula
1960  Dennis Binder /I Don't Want Nobody Messin' Around with Me /Hole in That Jug /Earwig
1998  Willie Willis /Willie's Blues /Can't Help but Have the Blues /Fedora
2010  Mac Arnold /Backbone and Gristle /Live at the Gray Eagle /Vizztone

New on the Menu
Muddy Waters Tribute Band /Honey Bee /Live at Rockpalast /Rockpalast
Freddie Pate /Have You Ever Loved a Woman /I Got the Blues /self
Joyann Parker What Happened to Me /Hard to Love /Hopeless Romantic
Savoy Brown /Where Has Your Heart Gone /You Should Have Been There! /Ruf
Dani Franchi /Give Me a Sign /Problem Child /Station House
John Clifton /Strange Land /Nightlife /RipCat
Kid Ramos /Heartbeat /Old School /Rip Cat
Willie Jackson /I'll Throw You Back /Chosen by the Blues /self
Liz Mandeville /River of Blood /The Stars Motel /Blue Kitty
Ben Harper  Charlie Musselwhite /title track /No Mercy in This Land /Anti
Little Boys Blue /Blues Bug /Hard Blue Space /Vizztone
Kathy and the Kilowatts /Final Verdict /Premonition of Love /Nola Blue
Nick Moss /Tight Grip on Your Leash /The High Cost of Low Living /Alligator
James Harman /Memory Foam Mattress /Fineprint /Electro-Fi
Too Slim and the Taildraggers /Time Has Come Today /High Desert Heat /Vizztone
B.B. and the Blues Shacks /Honeycomb /Reservation Blues /Rhythm Bomb
Johnny Tucker /I Can't Wait /Seven Day Blues /HighJohn

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Century Blues" J.T. Brown
Tenor Sax Tribute to J.T.
Howard McGhee /11:45 Swing /Modern Music-The First Year /Ace
Joe Lutcher /Traffic Song /Chronological 1947 /Classics
Jimmy Preston /Rock the Joint /We're Gonna Rock, We're Gonna Roll /Proper
Amos Milburn /Jitterbug Fashion Parade /Blues, Barrelhouse and Boogie Woogie /Capitol
Cab Calloway /Roomin' House Boogie /Boogie Woogie Goodies /Membran
Doug Sahm /Reconsider Baby /Last Real Texas Blues Band /Antones
Mitch Woods /Tipitina /Jukebox Drive /El Toro
Rod Piazza /Talk to Me /Soul Monster /Delta Groove

The Man J.T. John Thomas Brown
wi. Roosevelt Sykes /Anytime is the Right Time /When the Sun Goes Down v4 /Bluebird
wi. Washboard Sam /Soap and Water Blues /Essential v2 /Classic Blues
wi. Eddie Boyd /Kilroy Won't be Back /The Blues is Here to Stay /Jasmin
as Nature Boy and His Ramblers /Blackjack Blues /Windy City Boogie /Delmark
as Nature Boy Brown /Lookout /Cool Playing Blues /Relic
wi. J.B. Lenoir /The Mojo take 1 /'51 to'54  His JOB Recordings /Paula
wi. Sunnyland Slim /When I was Young /and his Pals /JSP
as Nature Boy Brown /I'm Wise /Cool Playing Blues /Relic
J.T. Brown /Cheatin' and Lyin' /Windy City Boogie /Delmark
wi. Elmore James /Madison Blues /The Sky is Crying /Rhino
wi. Howlin' Wolf /Hidden Charms /Best of 50th Anniversary /Chess
wi. Fleetwood Mac /Blackjack Blues /in Chicago 1969 /Sire