[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 4/21/18

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Apr 21 17:14:18 EDT 2018

My show # 896.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was theme driven tuneage about no nonsense people.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

April 21, 2018
This Date in Blues History
1969  Muddy Waters /Standin' Around Cryin' /Fathers and Sons /Chess
1935  Nellie Florence /Butcher Shop Blues /Bed Spring Poker /Indigo
1938  Bea Foote /Baby Ain't You Satisfied /Female Blues 1938-1949 /RST
1938  birthday Eddie King /Love at First Sight /The Blues has Got Me /Black Magic
1952  Rufus Thomas /Decorate the Counter /The Early Years /Blues City
1955  T-Bone Walker /T-Bone Shuffle /T-Bone Blues /Atlantic
1988  Reunion Blues Band /Cryin' Shame /Back Home to Clarksdale /Icehouse
2001  Billy Flynn /Spring Again /Blues and Love /Easy Baby
2001  Alberta Adams /He May be Your Man /Live AA /East Lawn

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, All ot Blues
featuring Kid Ramos
wi. James Harman /Poor Boy /Strictly Live... in '85 /Pacific Blues
wi. Lynwood Slim /Cried Last Night /Lost in America /Atomic Theory
wi. James Harman /Slam on the Brakes /Fine Print /Electro-Fi
Kid Ramos /Weight on My Shoulders /Old School /Rip Cat
wi. Johnny Tucker /Tell You All /Seven Day Blues /High John

New on the Menu
Liz Mandeville /What Could Have Been /The Stars Motel /Blue Kitty
B.B. and the Blues Shacks /Not Much to Lose /Reservation Blues /Rhythm Bomb
Joyann Parker /Your Mama /Hard to Love /Hopeless Romantics
Nick Moss /No Sense /The High Cost of Low Living /Alligator
Marie Knight /Let Us Get Together /The Gospel Truth Live /M.C.
Orphan Jon /Love Light /Abandoned No More /Rip Cat
Marcia Ball /title track /Shine Bright /Alligator
Muddy Waters Tribute Band /If the Washing Don't Get You, the Rinsing Will /Live at Rockpalast /Rockpalast
Kathy and the Kilowatts /First Do No Harm /Premonition of Love /Nola Blues
Breezy Rodio /A Cool Breeze in Hell /Sometimes the Blues Got Me /Delmark
Freddie Pate /Beer Drinking Dog /I Got the Blues /self
Ben Harper  Charlie Musselwhite /Love and Trust /No Mercy in This Land /Anti

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "No Nonsense Blues"
Papa Charlie Jackson /Mama Don't Allow It (and She Ain't Gonna Have It Here) /The Music of... /JSP
Blind Blake /Police Dog Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v10 /Blues Images
Tampa Red  Georgia Tom /Mama Don't Allow No Easy Riders /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v9 /Blues Images
Mamie Smith /Miss Jenny's Ball /Best of /Columbia
St. Louis Jimmy /Dog House Blues /vol. 2 ('44-'55) /Document
Johnny Ingram /Jubudy /Bob Geddins Blues Legacy /JSP
Louis Jordan /Daddy-O /1947-1949 /JSP
Tiny Bradshaw /Walking the Chalk Line /Walk That Mess! /West Side
Little Walter /My Babe /The Singles A's and B's 1952-1960 /Jasmin
Big Maybelle /One Monkey don't Stop No Show /complete Okeh Recordings /Okeh
Billy Boy Arnold /I Was Fooled /Best of VeeJay /Collectables
Rice Miller /Too Young to Die /Essential /Chess
Albert King /You sure Drive a Hard Bargain /Ultimate Collection /Rhino
Fenton Robinson /You Don't Know What Love Is /the Devil's Music /Indigo
Lonnie Brooks /Mother Nature /Turn on the Night /Alligator
Bobby Parker /title track /Bent Out of Shape /Black Top
Blind Mississippi Morris /Bossy Woamn /Back Porch Blues /Boogie BBQ
Jody Williams /Hen Pecked and Happy /Return of a Legend /Evidence
Mark Hummel /Honey Do Woman /Golden State Blues /Electro-Fi
Reverend Raven /Don't Get on the Wrong Side of My Baby /Big Bee /Land o' Blues
Catfish Keith /Paying for It Now /Put on a Buzz /fish Tail
Larry Garner /Alone and Happy /Blues for Sale /Dixie Frog
Travis Haddix /Two Jobs with a Paper Route /Ring on Her Finger, Rope Around My Neck /Benevolent Blues
Curtis Salgado  Alan Hager /Too Young to Die /Rough Cut /Alligator