[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 4/7/18

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Apr 7 16:44:54 EDT 2018

My show # 895.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a retrospective of the slide guitar.  Also tuneage from the career of Nick Moss.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

April 7, 2018
Muddy Waters /Country Boy /Live at Rockpalast /Rockpalast

This Date in Blues History
1930  Bill Broonzy /The Western Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v14 /Blues Images
1949  Sunnyland Slim /Every Time I Get to Drinking /and His Pals vol. A /JSP
1949  Smokey Hogg /I'm Gonna Find Your Trick /Traveling Record Man /Ace
1951  Willie Love /Little Car Blues /Clownin' with the World /Alligator

1953  Champion Jack Dupree /Please Tell Me Baby /Blues for Everybody /King

1962  Frank Frost /Lucky to be Living /Jelly Roll King /Charly

1995  Warner Williams /I  Feel so Good /Live with Jay Summerour /Smithsonian Folkways

1999  Mississippi Heat /Excuse Me /Handyman /Van der Linden

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed.. All of it Blue!

featuring Nick Moss

wi. Legendary Blues Band /East Come /Money Talks /Wild Dog

Nick Moss and the Flip Tops /No Hide, No Hair /First Offense /Blue Bella

Nick Moss and the Flip Tops /My Love Strikes Like Lightning /Got a New Plan /Blue Bella

Nick Moss Band /Crazy Mixed Up Baby /The High Cost of Low Living /Alligator

New on the Menu

Joyann Parker /Memphis /Hard to Love /Hopeless Romantic

B.B. and the Blues Shack /From Now On /Reservation Blues /Rhythm Bomb

Johnny Tucker /You Can Leave My House /Seven Day Blues /HighJohn

Kid Ramos /High Society /Old School /Rip Cat

Liz Mandeville /Try Me /The Stars Motel /Blue Kitty

Orphan Jon /Sowin' Seeds /Abandoned No More /Rip Cat

Rae Gordon /Ain't Gonna Wait /Better Than I Was /self

James Harman /In with the Grief... In with the Gravy /Fineprint /Electro-Fi

 Saturday Blue Plate Special

Roy Smeck /Laughing Rag /Bottleneck Guitar Masterpieces  /Yazoo

Robert Nighthawk /Don't Mistreat Your Woman /Bluebird Recordings /RCA

Elmore James /Held My Baby Last Night /King of the Slide Guitar /Capricorn

Hound Dog Taylor /When Things Go Wrong (It Hurts Me Too) /and the House Rockers /Alligator

Barbecue Bob /Yo Yo Blues /Chocolate to the Bone /Yazoo

Mississippi Fred McDowell /title track /You Gotta Move /Arhoolie

Cash Box Kings /Travelin' Riverside Blues /Royal Mint /Alligator

Studebaker John's Maxwell Street Kings /Side by Side /that's the Way You Do /Delmark

Tampa Red /But They Fixed It Right On /Voice of the Blues /Catfish

Alvin Youngblood Hart /Joe Friday /Big Mama's Door /Okeh

Kenny Brown /Goin' Down South /Stingray /Fat Possum

Doyle Bramhall Sr. /Change It /Bird Nest on the Ground /Antones

King Solomon Hill /Down on My Bended Knee # 2 /Southern Country Blues /Star Sounds

Warren Haynes  Derek Trucks /Old Friend /Hittin' the Note /Peach

Blind MS Morris /Junkyard Dog /You Know I Like That /Icehouse

Omar and the Howlers /Blues in a Bottle /Blues Bag /Bullseye

Bukka White /Bukka's Jitterbug Swing /The Complete... /Columbia

Dave MacKenzie /Pay Your Own Way /Slender Man Blues /Hey Baby

Paul Black and the Flip Kings /Malted Milk /King Dollar /House of Blues

Augie  Jr. /title track /Drinker's Choice /Barrelhouse

Moreland and Arbuckle /Poor Black Mattie /Caney Valley Blues /self

New on the Menu

Kathy and the Kilowatts /Beggars Can't be Choosers /Premonition of Love /Nola Blue

Breezy Rodio /You Don't Drink Enough /Sometimes the Blues Got Me /Delmark

Reverend Raven /She's Moving On /My Life /Nevermore

Marie Knight /Up Above My Head /The Gospel Truth Live /M.C.

Freddie Pate /Let the Juke Joint Jump /I Got the Blues /self

Sue Foley /title track /The Ice Queen /Stony Plain

Marcia Ball /They Don't Make 'em Like That /Shine Bright /Alligator