[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 3/31/18

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sun Apr 1 08:39:54 EDT 2018

My show # 894.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was the 15th Annual Mudfest, a tribute to the life and times of Muddy Waters.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

March 31, 2018
Aristocrat record # 1307
Muddy Waters /You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone /Rare and Unissued /Chess
Muddy Waters /Mean Red Spider /Rollin' Stone /Chess

This Date in Blues History
1905  birthday Big Maceo /Texas Blues /Bluebird Recordings 1941-1942 /RCA
1913  birthday Etta Baker /Don't Let Your Deal Go Down /Railroad Bill /Music Maker
1921  birthday Lowell Fulson /Baby Won't You Jump with Me /Rhythm and Blues v1 /Membran
1938  Lonnie Johnson /Mr. Johnson's Swing /Blues in My Soul /EPM
1946  birthday Harmonica Shah /Have Mercy, Mr. Reed /Hastings Grease v2 /Blue Suit
1953  Count Carter /I Know, I Know /Hidden Gems Federal v7 /Official
1954  Nappy Brown /I Wonder (What's Wrong with Me) /Night Time is the Right Time /Savoy
2011  19th Street Red /Hot Little Mama /Avenue Boogie /Redtop

New on the Menu
Marie Knight /I am the Light of This World /The Gospel Truth Live /M.C.
Reverend Raven /Creature of Habit /My Life /Nevermore
Nick Moss /title track /The High Cost of Low Living /Alligator
James Harman /title track /Fineprint /Electro-Fi
Teresa James /Find Me a Bar /Here in Babylon /Jesi-Lu
B.B. and the Blues Shacks /Lay Some Shuffle Down /Reservation Blues /Rhythm Bomb
Liz Mandeville /Reefer and a Glass of Wine /The Stars Motel /Blue Kitty
Kid Ramos /All Your Love /Old School /Rip Cat

Saturday Blue Plate Special  15th Annual Mudfest
Family and Alumni
Mud Morganfield /Can't Get No Grindin' /They Call Me Mud /Severn
Big Bill Morganfield /Screamin' and Cryin' /Rising Son /Blind Pig
Muddy Waters Tribute Band /You Can't Lose What You Ain't Never Had /Live at Rockpalast /Rockpalast
Jimmy Rogers /Loudella Blues /Complete Chess Recordings /Chess
Baby Face Leroy Foster /My Head Can't Rest Anymore /J.O.B. Records Story /Fuel
Little Walter /I Just Keep Lovin' Her /Down Home Blues: Chicago /Weinerworld
Junior Wells /HooDoo /Blues Hit Big Town /Delmark
Muddy Waters with B.B. King /I Know You Don't Want Me /Live at Ebbets Field (lp) /Klondike
Big Walter /I Know You Don't Want Me /Harmonica Blues 1946-1952 /Fremeaux
Otis Spann /title track /Good Morning Mr. Blues /Analogue Productions Original
James Cotton /She Moves Me /Chicago Blues Masters v3 /Capitol
Pat Hare /Cheating and Lying Blues /Mystery Train /Rounder
Luther Tucker /Five Long Years /Sad Hours /Antones
Willie Smith /Read Way Back /Way Back /Hightone
PeeWee Madison wi. L.C. Robinson /Can't be a Winner /Mojo in My Hand /Arhoolie
Sammy Lawhorn /Mean Old World /Chicago Blues Summit /Pea-Vine
Luther "Snake" Johnson /title track /Lonesome in My Bedroom /Evidence
Mac Arnold /Wrong /Backbone and Gristle /self
Big George Smith /Last Night /Chicago Blues Masters v3 /Capitol
Mojo Buford /Don't Say I Don't Love You /Still Blowin' Strong /Blue Loon

The Man - Live
Muddy Waters /Soon Forgotten /Live at Newport /Chess
Muddy Waters /Captain, Captain /Lost Blues Tapes /ACT
Muddy Waters /Mannish Boy /Live at Boston Music Hall (lp)/Echoes
Muddy Waters /Forty Days and Forty Nights /Authorized Fillmore Bootleg /Geffen
Muddy Waters /They Call Me Muddy Waters /Live at Rockpalast v1 /Rockpalast
Muddy Waters /My Pencil Won't Write No More /One More Mile v2 /Chess
Muddy Waters /Mean Disposition /and Friends /Just a Memory
Muddy Waters /Long Distance Call /Fathers and Sons /Chess

New on the Menu
Rae Gordon /Dreams to Remember /Better Than I Was /self
Johnny Tucker /Something I Want to Tell You /Seven Day Blues /High John
Sue Foley /The Lucky One /The Ice Queen /Stony Plain
Jimi Hendrix /Hear My Train a'Comin' /Both Sides of the Sky /Experience Hendrix
Orphan Jon /Cold Man Blues /Abandoned No More /Rip Cat
Victor Wainwright /Train / and the Train /Ruf
Janiva Magness /When It Rains /Love is an Army /Blue Elan