[Blues-l] Where It's At (Montreal Edition) live blues/roots for the week starting November 27 (and beyond) courtesy of Cha Cha Cha In Blue on CKUT 90, 3FM

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Sun Nov 26 23:53:47 EST 2017

Here's Where It's At (Montreal Edition) live blues/roots for the week starting November 27 (and beyond) courtesy of Cha Cha Cha In Blue on CKUT 90,3FM:
-----------------------------
CKUT was voted #1 Best Radio Station in Cult MTL's Best of MTL 2017 Reader's Poll and we are celebrating our 30th anniversary with this year's annual funding drive "30 Resounding Years" which will take place Thursday, October 19th to Sunday, October 29th"! You can donate online http://ckut.ca/donate  by mail, in person, or by phone, 514 907 9424. Our address is 3647 University, Montreal QC, H3A 2B3. Make sure to click Cha Cha Cha In Blue as the show through which you are donating. SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING! We also need gifts for our donors! Labels, agents, artists, promoters: got anything we can use? CDs, merch, show tix? Contact me at ckutblue@colba.net https://www.facebook.com/events/148912755700896/
-----------------------------
SUNDAYS @ 8 PM Mercedes Bar Jam Night 6715 Jarry East Montreal Qc SPAGHETTATA and Live Jam hosted by Johnny Guitar & The Jammerz; Free entrance https://www.facebook.com/cafemercedes

Dimanche est synoyme de danse des années 50 (Rockabilly Jive et Boogie Woogie) au Pub l'Ile Noire 1649 Saint-Denis, Montreal, Qc (514) 982-0866 Cette semaine, à 18h00, cours de Boogie Woogie et danse sociale par École de danse JiveStudio le reste de la soirée avec DJ sur place. Contribution volontaire pour les DJ; Prix suggéré : 1 à 5 $

FREE DANCE NIGHT EVERY MONDAY @ PUB L'ILE NOIRE 1649 St Denis Montreal Qc Les Lundis Let's Blues Pub L’Île Noire, Swing Connexion and Cat’s Corner are very happy to offer you fabulous evenings of dancing and music every Monday night at 1649 St-Denis! Whether you're a dancer or a Blues music lover, join us for the next edition of Lundis Let’s Blues! Introductory class to Blues dance presented at 9pm. Your hosts: www.ilenoire.com www.swingconnexion.com www.catscorner.ca
NOV 27 https://www.facebook.com/events/345751705872360/
DEC 4 TBA
DEC 11 https://www.facebook.com/events/135882147147576/

MONDAYS: HILLBILLY NIGHT AT THE WHEEL CLUB,  A 50+ Year Tradition! Wheel Club 3373 Cavendish, Montreal Qc H4B 2L7 (514) 489-3322 https://www.facebook.com/The-Wheel-Club-125848390819670/

TUESDAYS (1st Tuesday every month): JAM NIGHT @ Rosewood. Bringing in the last of the Summer vibes with our legendary Jam! Let's make some music and great connections! House band, Crawdaddy gets rolling at 9pm. Then the jam rolls out. We always welcome all levels of stage experience. Come a bit early to enjoy a pint or two and grab a bite from our tasty menu from the very talented Chef Colin Griffin! Rosewood 60 rue St-Jacques Montreal, QC (514) 843-8585 http://rosewoodmontreal.com/

TUESDAYS at 8:00pm open Jam at Mademoiselle. Play the music you want with your friends or strangers. We have a kit, a guitar, a bass and two mics so all you need to bring is the music. Anyone who gets up on stage receives 15% purchases at the bar. Tuesdays 8:00PM-12:00PM Free Entry @ Mademoiselle 5171 Ave du Parc, Montreal, Qc (514) 508-5038 info@mademoiselle-restobar.com  https://www.facebook.com/events/380957778969439/

WEDNESDAYS Les Mercredis swing @ COOP KATACOMBES 1635 Boul. Saint-Laurent, Montreal, Quebec H2X 2S9; Soirée Swing tous les mercredis!! Notre soirée hebdomadaire où le swing est toujours à l'honneur avec un orchestre live différent à chaque semaine ! Venez apprendre à danser avec nous en début de soirée puis amusez-vous sur le plancher de bois franc de la COOP Katacömbes. Cours d'introduction au Swing à 20h; Orchestre LIVE dès 22h; DJ et animation
NOV 8 Misses Satchmo https://www.facebook.com/events/108250919911127/

Mercredi Rock N Roll à l'Esco. Venez avec nous àç l'Esco Griffe danser sur du Rock'n'Roll / Boogie / Jive / Rockabilly. Cours d'initiation GRATUIT au ROCKABILLY JIVE à 20h offert par l' École de danse JiveStudio; DJ Tony B. Good!!! Plus d'infos sur www.mixcloud.com/TonyBeGood/ pour découvrir le style de musique qui sera diffusé (ou www.facebook.com/dutonybegood/ ) @ l'Escogriffe Bar Spectacle 4461 Saint-Denis, Montreal, Quebec H2J 2L2 (514) 842-7244
NOV 29 https://www.facebook.com/events/1638576829527709/
DEC 6 https://www.facebook.com/events/482702605446434/
DEC 13 https://www.facebook.com/events/1923158477711870/

FRIDAYS 18h-22h (2e vendredi de mois) BluesReel @ l'Escalier 552 Sainte-Catherine E. Montreal, Qc (Patrick Hutchinson: guitar; John Kerkhoven: harmonica) (Next date NOV 10) https://www.facebook.com/events/757573801117482/
-----------------------------
25e édition de Virée Blues Moosehead
The shows usually start at 8h p.m. So better show up early. 20$ at the door / 90$ Season ticket (6 tickets) Available at the door Diner & Show packages available with reservations at Chez Fatima (819)771-7568 Gift from Moosehead with purchase of ticket. Questions or comments, contact us at: info@vireeblues.ca  Or by phone : (819)328-2539

Le Petit Chicago
50, Promenade Du Portage, Gatineau (Vieux-Hull), Québec
Tel. : 819 483-9843

November 29, 2017 Bill Durst https://www.facebook.com/events/140277130042236/
December 13, 2017 Angel Forrest & Ricky Paquette https://www.facebook.com/events/1974285586180818/
-----------------------------
TUES NOV 28 at 9 PM The Firemen Playing the hits of George Jones, Dwight Yoakam, Alan Jackson, George Strait, Kris Kristofferson, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings @ Bar Le Ritz PDB 179 Rue Jean-Talon-Ouest, Montreal, Quebec H2R 2X2 (438) 289-9994 https://www.facebook.com/events/1595678437136142/

WED NOV 29 at 6:30 PM Bo Reissett @ Le 555 Bistro Urbain 555 Rue Leclerc, Repentigny, Quebec J6A 8B4 (450) 581-2222 https://www.facebook.com/events/1754082444893271/

FRI DEC 1 at 10 PM Derek Falls Trio @ Irish Embassy Pub & Grill 1234 Bishop, Montreal, Quebec H3G 2E3 (514) 875-8777 https://www.facebook.com/events/282207615603303/

FRI DEC 1 at 10 PM Jam Night avec Matt Rock au Resto-Bar Évo 2905 chemin d'Oka, Sainte-Marthe-sur-le-Lac, Quebec J0N 1P0 (450) 983-5544 https://www.facebook.com/events/131083040891390/

FRI DEC 1 (& FRI DEC 15) at 7 PM Paul Arthur & Dave Elbourn Blues Duo @ La Grange 2 Rue Meadowbrook, Morin Hts, Qc. https://www.facebook.com/events/859638724216155/

SAT DEC 2 at 8 PM Sun Youth Christmas Basket Benefit with Cadillac Music @ The Wheel Club 3373 Cavendish, Montreal, Quebec H4B 2L7 (514) 489-3322 https://www.facebook.com/events/208120123064785/

SAT DEC 2 at 10 PM MATT ROCK @ Le Cerbère Resto-pub 313, rue St-Georges, Saint-Jérôme, Quebec J7Z 5A2 (450) 431-3333 https://www.facebook.com/events/129437451144458/

SUN DEC 3 at 7 PM Angel Forrest fundraiser Quebec to Memphis @ Rosewood 60 Rue Saint-Jacques, Montreal, Quebec H2Y 1L2 https://www.facebook.com/events/2004884323081106/

SAT DEC 9 Jack de Keyzer; Productions Concerto présente: Le party Blues de Noël 2017! Avec Jack de Keyzer, + invité Justin Saladino; portes à 19h, spec 20h. Billets : 20 $ disponible en ligne (des frais s'appliquent) https://lepointdevente.com/billets/tix171209001 @ Petit Campus 57 Prince-Arthur Est, Montreal, Quebec H2X 1B4 (514) 844-1010 https://www.facebook.com/events/1996690553879873/

SUN DEC 10 at 1 PM Foire du Disque Sud Ouest (Saint-Henri). Vinyl Caravan presents the 3rd edition of the South West Record Fair (St-Henri). Also on site we are collecting winter clothes for Mission Bon Accueil. The sellers are bringing lots of vinyl for sale and will play their faves on the sound system. Please donate on site clean winter clothes we are collecting for Mission Bon Accueil; boots, winter coats, hats, scarfs, gloves, new socks, sweaters, new underwear, jeans, @ Bar de Courcelle 4685 Notre-Dame Ouest, Montreal, Quebec H4C 1S7 (438) 382-4685 https://www.facebook.com/events/383080158797909/
-----------------------------
GRUMPY’S CHICK PICKIN’ MONDAYS 1242 Bishop St. Montreal Qc H3G 2E3 (514) 866-9010
http://chickpickin.wix.com/home http://www.facebook.com/ChickPickinMondays
Aly Marguerite & Old Time Honey host!
Lundi le 27 novembre Thalia Couture: A folk songwriter based in Montreal, QC on unceded First Nations territory. Haunting banjo & guitar songs; melodies of love, heartache, ruin and growth. www.facebook.com/thaliacouturemusic https://www.facebook.com/events/315871932227296/
Lundi le 4 décembre, 21h30 Guest: Ali McCormick has been blazing her trail on the Canadian music scene over the past few years with a beat up old Taylor and penchant for befriending all those she meets along the way. She continues to intrigue audiences with her honest and impassioned performances.
Lundi le 11 décembre, 21h30 Guest: Lilith Creek
Lundi le 8 janvier, 21h30 Guest: Anna Marie Newton is a folk/soul musician based in Montreal who has been writing and performing around North America for nearly 10 years. Best known for her powerful voice, Anna has opened for Juno award winning acts Classified and Monkey Junk, as well as Trille Or Nominee Melanie Brûlée.
THURSDAY NIGHT BLUEGRASS JAM. SUNDAYS BLUEGRASS 6-8PM
-----------------------------
BISTRO À JOJO 1627 St-Denis, Montreal, Qc http://www.bistroajojo.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Bistroajojo/
dimanche, 26 novembre Dupré & Millaire/La Messe à Jojo - CARLOS VEIGA
lundi, 27 novembre MICK MARTEL
mardi, 28 novembre GILBERT CHARLEBOIS DUO
mercredi, 29 novembre MATHIEU RANCOURT/MATT ROCK
jeudi, 30 novembre GILBERT CHARLEBOIS/MONSTERS
vendredi, 1 décembre MARC FECTEAU/Kenny Dupré
samedi, 2 décembre Steph Dunont/Mick Martel Band
dimanche, 3 décembre Dupré & Millaire/La Messe à Jojo - CARLOS VEIGA
lundi, 4 décembre Duo Acoustica avec Gilbert Charlebois et Bruce Cameron
mardi, 5 décembre ALEC & DAN
mercredi, 6 décembre GILBERT CHARLEBOIS/MATT ROCK
jeudi, 7 décembre MARC FECTEAU/Les Monsters
vendredi, 8 décembre MICK MARTEL/Shane Murphy
samedi, 9 décembre Carlos Veiga/UNKLE GROOVE
dimanche, 10 décembre Dupré & Millaire/La Messe à Jojo - CARLOS VEIGA
lundi, 11 décembre Duo Acoustica avec Gilbert Charlebois et Bruce Cameron
mardi, 12 décembre ROXANNE
mercredi, 13 décembre MARC FECTEAU/MATT ROCK
jeudi, 14 décembre BARREN ACRES/SONNY WOLF BAND
vendredi, 15 décembre ALEC McELCHERAN/One Love Project
samedi, 16 décembre Alan Springer/Unkle Groove
dimanche, 17 décembre Dupré & Millaire/La Messe à Jojo - CARLOS VEIGA
lundi, 18 décembre BARREN ACRES
mardi, 19 décembre Mathieu Rancourt
mercredi, 20 décembre GILBERT CHARLEBOIS/UNKLE GROOVE
jeudi, 21 décembre MARC FECTEAU/Les Monsters
vendredi, 22 décembre MARC FECTEAU/One Love Project
samedi, 23 décembre Carlos Veiga/Shane Murphy
dimanche, 24 décembre A VENIR/Carlos Veiga & Michel Chasle ( The Animal)
lundi, 25 décembre A VENIR/PARTY DE NOÊL DUPRÉE-MILLAIRE
mardi, 26 décembre ROXANNE
mercredi, 27 décembre Steph Dumont/Sonny Wolf Band
jeudi, 28 décembre ALAN SPRINGER/UNKLE GROOVE
vendredi, 29 décembre Marc Fecteau/MATT ROCK
samedi, 30 décembre Mathieu Rancourt/CARLOS VEIGA
dimanche, 31 décembre Dupré & Millaire/PARTY DU JOUR DE L'AN
-----------------------------
-----------------------------
HOUSE OF JAZZ 2060 Aylmer, Montreal, Qc (514) 842-8656
MON NOV 27 @ 7:30pm Johnny Beaudine and Deep Blue. Fight the cold with a great night of blues/ jazz fusion with Deep Blue. We'll take you on a musical ride to Chicago, New York and New Orleans and all stops on the way! Peter Mika, Johnny Beaudine, James Chalenger, Jeff Simons. We’ve paid our dues in the bands of Bo Diddley, Nina Simone, James Cotton, Buddy Guy, Otis Rush, Big Mama Thornton, Brian Lee, Junior Wells, Eddie “Cleanhead” Vinson and many other masters of blues and jazz. https://www.facebook.com/events/884775428347630/
TUES NOV 28 @ 7:30pm Michelle Sweeney’s new show; Love, Laugh and Real talk! Our Diva Mrs Sweeney will offer you a colorful evening with a mix of humor, games and Broadway-style music. Accompanied by the legendary Taurey Butler on piano for a cabaret atmosphere worthy of the House of Jazz.
WED NOV 29 @ 7:30pm Snooksta and the Gangstas
SAT DEC 2 @ 9:30pm Carolyn Fe Blues Collective https://www.facebook.com/events/186424905244449/

HOUSE OF JAZZ 1639 Boul. de l’Avenir, Laval
THURS NOV 30 @ 7:00pm GL Chambers
FULL SCHEDULE: http://houseofjazz.ca/
-----------------------------
UPSTAIRS’ 1254 MacKay Montreal Qc 514.931.6808 http://upstairsjazz.com/
THURS NOV 30 Shawn McPherson. Barely 22 years old, Shawn McPherson has already established himself as an up and coming harmonica master. 8pm: $10; 9.15pm: $10; 10.30pm: Free
-----------------------------
BRUTOPIA 1219 Crescent 514-393-9277 http://www.brutopia.net/brutopia.htm
FRI DEC 1 GL Chambers
-----------------------------
BARFLY 4062A St-Laurent Montreal Qc SUN. NIGHTS, THE BARFLY TRADITION *BLUE GRASS NIGHT* FEATURING MATT LARGE & CO, THE BASTARD MOUNTAIN BOYS!!!
WED. NIGHTS ... COLIN PERRY, PETER MIKA, STEPHEN BARRY, BEN CAISSIE and BERNADETTE FORTIN...ARE BLIND !!! https://www.facebook.com/BarflyMtl/
Nov 27th, and Dec 11th. Jordan Officer: "We won't be doing our regular show and it's not being announced officially but we'll be trying out new songs or ideas, fun covers, and whatever else we feel like doing."
-----------------------------
QUAI DES BRUMES, 4481 rue St-Denis Mtl http://www.quaidesbrumes.ca/
-----------------------------
Dièse Onze Jazz & Restaurant 4115-A rue St Denis (entre Duluth et Rachel) Montreal Qc
Informations et réservations: (514) 223-3543 info@dieseonze.com http://dieseonze.com/
SUN NOV 26 @ 08:00 PM JAM VOCAL JAZZ AVEC KIM RICHARDSON ET SES INVITéS La musique rassemble et nous ouvre sur un monde de moments uniques et spontanés. Un langage universel qui donne lieu à toutes sortes de converses musicales et le jazz s’y prête particulièrement bien! C’est dans cet esprit que Kim Richardson, John Sadowy et Karl Surprenant souhaitent échanger pour les soirées « Jam Vocal Jazz ». Que de la musique, sans frontière, entre amis, tout ça dans l’atmosphère chaleureuse qu’offre le Dièse Onze. On vous attend tous les dimanches, pour un standard ou deux. Apportez vos partitions ou votre tonalité. Kim Richardson - voix / John Sadowy - piano / Karl Surprenant – contrebasse
TUES NOV 28 LES MARDIS JAZZ GUITARE - 6 à 8H30 AVEC JEAN-SéBASTIEN WILLIAMS ET INVITéS
WED NOV 29 @ 06:00 PM 6 à 8 ECLECTIC DJANGO Eclectic Django c’est François Rousseau à la guitare, Milan Simas à la clarinette, et Mark Peetsma à la contrebasse. Baptisés au son du grand Django Reinhardt, leurs passions les ont depuis emmené vers différents horizons teintés de blues, country, Klezmer, chansons françaises et jazz contemporain.
WED NOV 29 @ 09:30 SOUL THERAPY AVEC THE BROOKS ET INVITéS "Soul Therapy" nights, hosted by the collective known as "The Brooks" are being fuelled by groove and improvisation. Standing on some original music and some chosen covers, prepare for a mixture of styles. The Brooks : Alexandre Lapointe - bass / Philippe Look - guitar / Marc Bell - percussions / Maxime Bellavance - drum / Sébastien Grenier - saxophone / Daniel Thouin – keyboard
-----------------------------
Mariposa...le café 5434 Côte St-Luc Montreal H3X 2C5 514-699-5951 https://www.facebook.com/CafeMariposa/
NOV 2, 9, 16, 23, 30 Open Mic (Every Thursday 52 weeks a year Mariposa Thursday Open Mic 7pm to 10pm Acoustic/Electric) *sign-up from 6pm
-----------------------------
AQUARIUM CAFE BAR 2923 Masson, Montreal Qc (514) 728-6116 http://www.aquariumcafebar.ca/
https://www.facebook.com/aquarium.c.bar/events/
LES LUNDIS ACOUSTIQUE JAM! Dans une ambiance 5@7 décontractée et conviviale, apporte ta guitare, ton harmonica ou ta voix et viens jammer, ou simplement écouter et jaser de ta journée autour d'une bière fraîche! https://www.facebook.com/events/348330662265518/
Vendredi 1er décembre 2017 Stevancy (Duo folk/pop/rock)
Samedi 2 décembre 2017 Guillaume Jabbour & Harlan Johnson (Chanson)
Vendredi 8 décembre 2017 Riot (Blues/Folk)
Samedi 9 décembre 2017 The Dead Fish Band (Pop/Rock)
Vendredi 15 décembre 2017 Louis Janelle (Trio blues/rockabilly)
Samedi 16 décembre 2017 The Cats in the Kitchen (Musique celtique)
Vendredi 12 janvier 2018 Bo Reissett (Duo blues/soul)
Samedi 13 janvier 2018 Justin Saladino (Duo blues)
Vendredi 19 janvier 2018 The Ramblers (Blues/rock)
Samedi 20 janvier 2018 Karen Gaudreau présente: Show acoustique de tounes quétaines!!! (Chanson)
-----------------------------
Medley Simple Malt 6206 St-Hubert Montreal Qc  http://lepetitmedley.ca/
Mardi 20H Bar Lounge Les Mardis Swing; COUR GRATUIT 20H: Swing (Traditionel) sous la direction des professeurs du Studio 88-SWING. Suivi par une soirée Swing de 21h à 3h. http://www.studio88swing.com/
Swingin' Tuesdays are back at the brand new Medley Simple Malt!
N'oubliez pas d'inviter vos amis au cours d'introduction au swing GRATUIT qui a lieu toutes les semaines à 20h avec les professeurs du Studio 88 Swing.
-----------------------------
BRASSERIE L'UNIK 805 Decarie, St. Laurent Qc http://maisondubluesunik.blogspot.ca/ https://www.facebook.com/BrasserieUnik/
Blues Jam every Thursday night.
Amps provided; bring your own instruments.
Host bands for Thursday night jams:
Novemeber 30 - Lil' Bubba https://www.facebook.com/events/1975347062711350/
December 7 - Mike Trudel https://www.facebook.com/events/118438178810027/
December 14 - Paul Arthur & Raisin’ Cain https://www.facebook.com/events/1846830035332772/
December 21 - Sonny Wolf
-----------------------------
CALISTOGA BAR & GRILL Plaza Pointe-Claire, 235 Boulevard Saint Jean (Donegani & Maywood) 514-
630-7577 http://www.calistogagrill.ca/
THURS NOV 30 Acoustic Tribute Night: Sticky Fingers Duo Play The Rolling Stones
FRI DEC 1 Pete Dawg Solo; Dance Knights Dance Band
SAT DEC 2 John McGale Solo; Dance Knights Dance Band
SUN DEC 3 BANDS FOR BASKETS with The Steve Rowe Band & Special Guests Rick d'Opera & Pat Loiselle. https://www.facebook.com/events/1338778389566410/
-----------------------------
DUFFY’S 1060 Ch. Herron, Dorval, Qc (514) 631-8962 http://www.duffysmtl.com/events.html
Jam Wednesdays; Hosts TBA but I’ve got these so far:
WED NOV 29 TBA
-------------------------
SMOKED MEAT PETE, 283, 1st Avenue, Île Perrot, Quebec (514) 425-6068  http://www.smokemeatpete.com/Home.htm
26- Paolo Stante band Jam Night 730 to 10pm
27- Better Days Jam Night  730 to 10 pm
28- Jimmy James Jam Night 730 to 10 pm
29 -The Associates Jam Night 730 to 10 pm
30- The Devil Dawgs Jam Night 8pm to midnight
BAR LE ST-LAURENT 283 Notre Dame, Repentigny
https://www.facebook.com/LeSaintLaurentBarBlues/
Dec 1 The Papa's Sons
DEC 2 The Ramblers
Want me to include your blues/roots gig in my show? Send me the info at ckutblue@colba.net or invite me at www.facebook.com/chachachainblue.ckut