[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 11/25/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Nov 25 16:23:58 EST 2017

My show # 879.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was  a birthday bash for two artists, piano player Eddie Boyd and guitarist Jimmy Johnson.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

November 18, 2017
Muddy Waters /I Be's Troubled /Plantation Recordings /Chess
Muddy Waters /Can't be Satisfied /Chess Blues box v1 /Chess

This Date in Blues History
1929  Sweet Pease Spivey /Day-Breaking Blues /Spivey Sisters /Document
1941  Peetie Wheatstraw /Mr. Livingood / Essential /Classic Blues
1947  Dallas Brantley /You're the Greatest /Blue n' Boogie /Savoy Jazz
1954  Etta James /The Wallflower /Essential Modern Recordings /Virgin
1968  Little Milton /I Can't Quit You Baby /Chess Blues Guitar v2 /Chess
1969  Buddy Guy /title track /Hold That Plane /Vanguard
1986  Eddie Burns /title track /Lonesome Feeling /Black and Blue
1992  Chico Chism /Goin' Down Slow /Bob Corritore All-Star Sessions /HMG

Saturday Blue Plate Special  Birthday bash for Eddie Boyd
wi. Big Maceo /I Lost My Woman /Bluebird Recordings /'45-'47 /RCA
Eddie Boyd /Kilroy Won't be Back /Ryhthm and Blues v1 /Membran
Eddie Boyd /Five Long Years /Complete Recordings v2 /EPM
Eddie Boyd /Blue Coat Man /Complete Recordings v2 /EPM
Eddie Boyd /Hard Headed Woman /Complete Recordings v2 /EPM
Eddie Boyd /Blues for Baby /Complete Recordings v2 /EPM
Eddie Boyd /Third Degree /Complete Recordings v2 /EPM
Eddie Boyd /The Blues is Here to Stay /Meat and Gravy from Bea and Baby /Castle
Eddie Boyd /The Big Question /Five Long Years /Evidence
Eddie Boyd /You Got to Reap /7936 South Rhodes /Epic
Eddie Boyd /24 Hours of Fear /Down Home Blues: Chicago v5 /Weinerworld

Covers of Eddie Boyd Tunes
Lurrie Bell /Just the Blues /Blues in My Soul /Delmark
Champion Jack Dupree /Third Degree /From New Orleans to Chicago /BGO
Johnny Little john /Came Home This Morning /Blues Party /Wolf
Mark Hummel /Hard Time Getting Started /The Hustle is Really On /Electro-Fi
Ike and Tina Turner /Five Long Years /Outta Season /Blue Thumb

New on the Menu
Sunny Lowdown /title track /Down Loaded /Coolstreme
Eric Hughes Band /Here Comes the Boogie Man /Meet Me in Memphis /self
Rip Lee Pryor /Pitch a Boogie Woogie /Hard Core Harp /Electro-Fi
Kim Wilson /Worried Life Blues /Blues and Boogie v1 /Severn
Duke Robillard /Please Don't Talk About Me.. /And His Dames of Rhythm /Stony Plain
John Lee Hooker /Boom Boom /King of the Boogie /Concorde
Robert Finley /Holy Wine /Goin' Platinum /Easy Eye Sound
Downchild /Mailbox Money /Something I've Done /Linus
Johnny Nicholas /Pump Jockey Blues /Too Many Bad Habits v2 /Peoples Music
Hi Henry Brown /Hospital Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v15 /Blues Images
Mitch Woods /Chicago Express /Friends Along the Way /e-One
Ronnie Earl /Jim's Song /The Luckiest Man /Stony Plain

Saturday Blue Plate Special  Birthday bash for Jimmy Johnson
Jimmy Johnson /So Many Roads, so Many Trains /Chicago Blues box v5 /Storyville
Jimmy Johnson /Married Woman Blues /Pepper's Hangout /Delmark
Jimmy Johnson /Ain't That Just Like a Woman /Living Chicago Blues /Alligator
Jimmy Johnson /Strange How I Miss You /Johnson Whacks /Delmark
Jimmy Johnson /Country Preacher /North-South /Delmark
Jimmy Johnson /Happy Home /Bar Room Preacher /Alligator
Jimmy Johnson /Engine 13 /I'm a Jockey /Verve
Jimmy Johnson /End of the Road /Every Road Leads Somewhere /Ruf
Jimmy Johnson /I Used to be a Millionaire /2 Johnsons are Better than One /Evangeline
Jimmy Johnson /Cold, Cold Feeling /55 Years of Blues! /Delmark