[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 11/18/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Nov 18 15:31:16 EST 2017

My show # 877.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was  blues for a Thanksgiving in the kitchen.  I called it "Cookin' Blues".

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

November 18, 2017
Muddy Waters /You're Gonna Miss Me When I'm Gone /Plantation Recordings /Chess

This Date in Blues History
1941  Walter Brown /Hootie's Ignorant Oil /Drink Up-Light Up! /Fantastic Voyage
1947  Ivory Joe Hunter /All States Boogie /Boogie Woogie Goodies /Membran
1952  Houston Stokes /We're All Gonna Do Some Wrong /Sun Blues box v3 /Bear Family
1954  Ray Charles /I Got a Woman /Ultimate Hits Collection /Atlantic
1975  Little Mack Simmons /Last Night /Blue Lights /Black and Blue
1993  Jimmy Rogers /title track /Bluebird /Analogue Productions
1929 birthday  Hosea Hargrove /I Stood By /I Love My Life /Fedora

Birthday Bash for Dennis Binder
Dennis Binder /Love You, Love You Baby /Early Years /O'Jack
Dennis Binder /Early Times /Early Years /O'Jack
Dennis Binder /The Long Man /Long Man Blues /Delmark
Dennis Binder /I Don't Want Nobody Messin' Around with Me /Hole in That Jug /Earwig
Dennis Binder /Lawdy Miss Clawdy /Rockabilly Blues /O'Jack
Dennis Binder /She's Something Else /Hole in That Jug /Earwig

New on the Menu
Peter Parcek /Aunt Caroline Dyer Blues /Everybody Wants to go to Heaven /Lightnin' Records 002
Samantha Fish /Poor Black Mattie /Belle of the West /Ruf
Downchild /Take a Piece of My Heart /Something I've Done /Linus
Robert Finley /You Don't Have to be Right /Goin' Platinum /Easy Eye Sound
Johnny Nicholas /West Wind /Too Many Bad Habits /Peoples Label
Mitch Woods /Keep a Dollar in Your Pocket /Friends Along the Way /eOne
Heather Newman /Dirty Blues /Burn Me Alive /Vizztone

Saturday Blue Plate Special   "Cookin' Blues"
Margaret Carter /I Want Plenty Grease in My Frying Pan /Bed Spring Poker /Indigo
Bessie Smith /Kitchen Man /Bed Spring Poker /Indigo
King David's Jug Band /What's That Smell Like Gravy? /Jug Band Blues /Rough Guide
Robert Johnson /Come On in My Kitchen /Complete Recordings /Columbia
Roosevelt Sykes /Bread Pan /Bed Spring Poker /Indigo
Peetie Wheatstraw /I Want Some Sea Food /Essential /Classic Blues
Yank Rachell /Biscuit Baking Woman /Legendary Country Blues Artists box /JSP
Big Joe Turner /Shake, Rattle and Roll /Very Best Of /Rhino
Jack Dupree /She Cooks Me Cabbage /Blues for Everybody /King
Mable John /title track /Stay Out of the Kitchen /Stax
Albert Collins /Too Many Dirty Dishes /Cold Snap /Alligator
Luther Guitar Jr. Johnson /Red Beans /I Want to Groove with You /Bullseye
Koko Taylor /Put the Pot On /Force of Nature /Alligator
Jesse Fortune /Too Many Cooks /Fortune Telling Man /Delmark
Randy McAllister /The Chicken You're Fixin' /Flying High While Staying Low Down /self
Fillmore Slim /The Girl Can't Cook /Other Side of the Road /Fedora
Super Chikan /Take Me in Your Kitchen /Organic Chikan /Chikan Howse
Eden Brent /Let's Go Ahead and Fall in Love /Jigsaw Heart /Yellow Dog

New on the Menu
Memphis Jug Band /Poor Jab Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v15 /Blues Images
Eric Hughes Band /title track /Meet Me in Memphis /self
Duke Robillard /Call of the Freaks /and His Dames of Rhythm /Stony Plain
Ronnie Earl /Heartbreak /The Lucikest Man /Stony Plain