[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 11/11/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Nov 11 15:48:32 EST 2017

My show # 876.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was part 2 of tuneage for lovers, I called it "I Want You Blues".

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

November 11, 2017
Chess record # 1644
Muddy Waters /I Got to Find My Baby /Chess Masters '52-'58 /Chess
Muddy Waters /Just to Be with You /Chess Masters '52-'58 /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1937  John Lee Sonny Boy Williamson /Fridgidaire Blues /Bluebird Recordings '37-'38/RCA
1937  Robert Lee McCoy My Friend Has Forsaken Me /Bluebird Recordings '37-'38/RCA
1941  St. Louis Jimmy /Goin' Down Slow /When the Sun Goes Down v3 /Bluebird
1941  Louis Jordan /Knock Me a Kiss /Best of /MCA

1947  Julia Lee /title track /That's What I Like /Proper

1951  Johnny Otis /Bye Bye Baby /Johnny Otis Story /Ace

1969  Wild Child Butler /When I First Met You Baby /Keep on Donig What You're Doing /Black Magic

1998  Taj Mahal /Mailbox Blues /Shoutin' in Key /Hannibal

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, All of It Blue

featuring Johnny Nicholas

Johnny Nicholas /Mandolin Boogie /Too Many Bad Habits /The People's Label

Johnny Nicholas /Curb Your Dog /Broke Again /Top Cat

Johnny Nicholas /Down in the Alley /Texas All-Star Big Band Bash /Top Cat

Johnny Nicholas /I'm a Fool to Care /Rockin' My Blues to Sleep /Top Cat

Johnny Nicholas /Hey Hey /Future Blues /The Peoples Label

New on the Menu

Blind Lemon Jefferson /Worried Dogs Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v15 /Blues Images

Peter Parcek /See That My Grave is Kept Clean /Everybody Wants to go to Heaven /Lightnin' 002

Robert Finley /Empty Arms /Goin' Platinum /Easy Eye Sound

Kim Wilson /You're the One /Blues and Boogie v1 /Severn

Mitch Woods /Empty Bed Blues /Friends Along the Way /eOne

Casey Hensley /Don't Want It to Stop /Live /Vizztone

Saturday Blue Plate Special   "I Want You Blues" part 2

Requested set

Georgia White /The Blues Ain't Nothin' Yet /Chronological v9 /Document

Helen Humes /All Night Long /Women Blues Singers /MCA

Varetta Dillard /Good Gravy Baby /Ain't Gonna Hush v2 /Fantastic Voyage

Etta James /Take It to the Limit /Deep in the Night /Bullseye

Ruth Brown /It's Love Baby /Miss Rhythm /Atlantic

LaVerne Baker /Empty Bed Blues /Sings Bessie Smith /Columbia

Aretha Franklin /Today I Sing the Blues /Aretha Sings the Blues /Atlantic

Jr. Ryder /Every Star I See /Robey's R&B Dukes /Duke

Guitar Gable /This Should Go On Forever /Killer Swamp Guitar /Excello

Percy Sledge /When a Man Loves a Woman /Ultimate Collection /Atlantic

Lavelle White /Go to the Mirror /Miss Lavelle /Antone's

Fenton Robinson /As the Years Go Passing By /I Hear Some Blues Downstairs /Alligator

Seth Walker /Picture in a Frame /self titled /Hyena

Howell Devine /House in the Field /Modern Sounds of Ancient Juju /Arhoolie

Omar Dykes /Caress Me Baby /On the Jimmy Reed Highway /Ruf

Beth Hart /Caught Out in the Rain /Bang Bang Boom Boom /Prvogue

Dayna Kurtz /Reconsider Me /Secret Canon v2 /M.C.

Dayna Kurtz /I'll be a Liar /Secret Canon v2 /M.C.

Southern Hospitality /Certified Lover /Easy Livin' /Blind Pig

Brandon Santini /Elevate Me Mama /Live and Extended /Vizztone

New on the Menu

Downchild /Worried About the World /Something I've Done /Linus

Ronnie Earl /Ain't That Lovin' You /The Luckiest Man /Stony Plain

Wee Willie Walker /Your Good Thing is About to End /After a While /Blue Dot

Duke Robillard /If I Could be With You /and His Dames of Rhythm /M.C.