[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 5/13/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat May 13 17:09:07 EDT 2017

My show # 858.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was  theme driven tuneage about undying love.

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

May 13, 2017
Chess single #1819
Muddy Waters /Going Home /Chess Masters v3 /Chess
Muddy Waters /Tough Times /Chess Masters v3 /Chess

This Date in Blues History
1930  Sleepy John Estes /Milk Cow Blues /Someday Baby Blues /Snapper
1939  Monkey Joe /Send Me an Angel Down /Blues from Vocalion Vaults v1 /One Day
1950  Willie Holiday /I've Played This Town /Boogie Woogie Playgirl /Eddie's
1952  Mercy Dee Walton /title track /One Room Country Shack /Specialty
1953  Dessa Ray /Ain't Gonna Tell /Dapper Cats, Groovy Tunes, Hot Guitars /Ace
2006  Big George Brock /So Long /Round Two /CaT Head
2010  Billy Watson /Oh My Darlin' /Secret 8 /Lil' Snick

Birthday Bash  L.C. Good Rockin' Robinson
Mentors
Blind Willie Johnson /Dark was the Night, Cold was the Ground /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v10 /Blues Images
Bob Wills and the Playboys /Dog House Blues /MGM Years v1 /Mercury
The Man
wi. Mercy Dee Walton /Trailing My Baby /Bob Geddin's Blues Legact vB /JSP
L.C. Robinson /Ups and Downs /Mojo in My Hand /Arhoolie
L.C. Robinson /Across the Bay Blues /Mojo in My Hand /Arhoolie
L.C. Robinson /I've Got to Go /Mojo in My Hand /Arhoolie

New on the Menu
Sean "Bad" Apple /Too Little, Too Late /self titled /self
Low Society /Raccoon Song /Sanctified /Rezonate
R.L. Boyce /Goin' Down South /Roll and Tumble /Waxploitation
N. Mississippi All-Stars /61 Highway /Prayer for Peace /Columbia
Taj Mahal  Keb' Mo' /She Knows How to Rock Me /TajMo /Concorde
Shannon McNally /I Went to the Well /Black Irish /Compass
Kilborn Alley Blues Band /Going Hard /The Tolono Tapes /Run It Back
Patrick Recob /Soul Cry /Perpetual Luau /Mr. Lucky's Blues

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Undying Love Blues"
Charlie Spand /Moanin' the Blues /Boogie Woogie Pioneers /Document
Elton Spivey /My Righteous Man /Spivey Sisters /Document
T-Bone Walker /T-Bone Blues /The Beginning '29-'46 /Koch
Robert McCollum /Friars Point Blues /Complete Robert McCoy /Catfish
Jimmy Liggins /I Can't Stop It /and His Drops of Joy /Specialty
Rice Miller /You Killing Me /Essential v1 /Chess
Bobby Bland /I'll Take Care of You /Singles Collection /Acrobat
Tina Turner /I've Been Loving You Too Long /Outta Season /Blue Thumb
Shakey Jake Harris /Never Leave You /The Key Won't Fit /Murray Bros.
Fabulous Thunderbirds /Mathilda /Butt Rockin' /Benchmark
Ruth Brown /Nothing Takes the Place of You /Fine and Mellow /Fantasy
James Harman /Darlin' /Two Sides to Every Story /Black Top
Cash Box Kings /title track /I-94 Blues /Blue Bella
San Pedro Slim /Things I'd Do (for You) /Another Night on the Town /Tramp
Mike Morgan and the Crawl /Somebody Help Me /I Like the Way You Work It! /Black Top
Shirley Johnson /As the Years Go Passing By /Blues Brunch at the Mart /Delmark

New on the Menu
Dylan Bishop /What You're Puttin' Down /the Exciting Sounds of... /Espanada
Billy Flynn /Never Had a Chance /Lonesome Highway /Delmark
Harrison Kennedy /title track /Who U Tellin'? /Electro-Fi
Brad Stivers /You're Just About to Lose Your Clown /Took You Long Enough /Vizztone
Steve Krase /The World's Still in a Tangle /Should've Seen It Coming /Connor Ray
Mike Welch  Mike Ledbetter /Big Mama /Right Place, Right Time /Delta Groove
Guy Davis  Fabrizio Poggi /Goin' Down Slow / Sonny and Brownie's Last Train /M.C.
Nick Schnebelen /Mean Town Blues /Live in Kansas City /Vizztone
Janiva Magness /I Can Tell /Blue Again /Blue Elan
John Primer  Bob Corritore /title track /Ain't Nothin' You Can Do /Delta Groove