[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 3/18/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Mar 18 18:46:23 EDT 2017

My show #852.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a farewell to the late James Cotton. We featured tuneage during the first quarter century of his 70 years plus career, who went from imitating chickens and trains to becoming Mr. Superharp.  Part  2 next week.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

March 18, 2017
Muddy Waters /Recipe for Love /Chess Masters v3 /Chess
Muddy Waters /Tell Me Baby /Chess Masters v3 /Chess

This Date in Blues History
1935  Josh White /Howling Wolf Blues /Blues Singer 1932-1936 /Columbia
1936  Casey Bill Weldon /WPA Blues /Essential v1 /Classic Blues
1947  Bull Moose Jackson /Keep Your Big Mouth Shut /1945-1947 /Classics
1954  Howlin' Wolf /Rockin' Daddy /self titled /Chess
1957  Professor Longhair /No Buts, No Maybes /Ebb Records v2 /Specialty
1977  James Cotton  Johnny Winter /Done Got Over It /Breakin' It Up, Breakin' It Down                    /Epic
1999  Shirley King /Aggravation /Daughter of the Blues /Diva
2014  Mississippi Heat /title track /Warning Shot /Delmark

New on the Menu
Guy Davis  Fabrizio Poggi /title track /Sonny and Brownie's Last Train /M.C.
Macy Blackman and the Mighty Fines /It's Raining /Shoorah Shoorah /MamaRu
Rev. Peyton's Big Damn Band /Let Your Light Shine /Front Porch Sessions /Family Owned
Jontavious Willis /So So Blues /Blue Metamorphosis /self
Adrianna Marie /Drive Me Daddy /Kingdom of Swing /Vizztone
Hurricane Ruth /My Heart Aches for You /Ain't Ready for the Grave /self
Johnny Mastro and Mama's Boys /Indrid Cold /Never Trust the Living /self

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "From Imitating Chickens and Trains to Being Mr. Superharp"
Farewell James Cotton  7/1/35 Tunica MS - 3/16/17 Austin TX
4/52  wi. Howlin' Wolf /Saddle My Pony /Memphis Days /Bear Family
4/52  wi. Howlin' Wolf /Dorothy Mae /Memphis Days /Bear Family
10/52  wi. Willie Nix /Baker Shop Boogie /Sun Blues Story /One Day
7/54  James Cotton /My Baby /Sun Blues box v5 /Bear Family
7/54  James Cotton /Straighten Up Baby /Sun Blues box v5 /Bear Family
7/54  James Cotton /Cotton Crop Blues /Sun Blues box v5 /Bear Family
7/54  James Cotton /Hold Me in Your Arms /Sun Blues box v5 /Bear Family
12/56  wi. Muddy Waters /Rock Me /Chess Masters '52-'58 /Chess
8/59  wi. Muddy Waters /Double Trouble /Sings Bill Broonzy /Chess
7/60  wi. Muddy Waters /Soon Forgotten /at Newport 1960 /Chess
1961  James Cotton /Decoration Day /Chicago Blues Harmonica /Wolf
'63  James Cotton /V-8 Ford /Takoma Blues /Takoma
'63  James Cotton /Polly Put the Kettle On /Takoma Blues /Takoma
'63  James Cotton /So Glad you're Mine /Rare Chicago Blues /Bullseye
'63  James Cotton /Diggin' My Potatoes /Rare Chicago Blues /Bullseye
'63  James Cotton /3 Harp Boogie /Rare Chicago Blues /Bullseye
9/63  James Cotton /There Must be a Panic On /Meat and Gravy from Bea&Baby /Castle
'64  wi. Mac Simmons /Trouble No More /Meat and Gravy from Bea&Baby /Castle
11/64  wi. Otis Spann /One More Mile to Go /The Blues Never Die! /Prestige
11/65  wi. Johnny Young /Keep on Drinking /Chicago Blues /Arhoolie
12/65  James Cotton /West Helena Blues /Chicago-The Blues-Today! /Vanguard
3/67  James Cotton /Good Time Charlie /James Cotton Blues Band /Verve
3/67  James Cotton /Don't Start Me to Talkin' /Dealin' with the Devil /Quicksilver
2/68  James Cotton /The Creeper /Pure Cotton /Verve
4/68  James Cotton /title track /Cut You Loose /Verve
6/71  wi. Muddy Waters /What is That She Got /Live at Mr. Kelly's /Chess
9/71  James Cotton /She Moves Me /Takin' Care of Business /Capitol
9/71  James Cotton /Georgia Swing /Takin' Care of Business /Capitol
3/72  wi. Muddy Waters /Sad Letter /Can't Get No Grindin' /Chess
'74  James Cotton /Rockett 88 /100% Cotton /Buddah