[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 3/11/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Mar 11 17:14:16 EST 2017

My show #851.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was inspired by the impending time change (DST) which takes place early Sunday morning, with those blues that come late, late in the night.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

March 11, 2017
Muddy Waters /Highway 41 Blues /Hoochie Coochie Man /Just a Memory

This Date in Blues History
1926  Cow Cow Davenport /You got Another Thing Coming to You /Essential /Classics
1936  Bumble Bee Slim /When the Music Sounds Good /Essential /Classics
1947  Tiny Bradshaw /I've Been Abused /Breaking Up the House /Proper
1953  D.A. Hunt /Greyhound Blues /Sun Blues box /Bear Family
1953  Wynonie Harris /The Deacon Don't Like It /Women, Whiskey and Fishtails /King
1955  Maymie Watts /Quicksand /Rockin' the Groove /Bear Family
1982  The Fieldstones /Loving Blues /Mud Island Blues /HMG

New on the Menu
Jerron Paxton /Motherless Child Blues /Recorded Music for Your Entertainment /self
Hurricane Ruth /Far from the Cradle /Ain't Ready for the Grave /self
Eight O' Five Jive /Get Away /Swing Set /Red Rudy Too Tunes
Elvin Bishop /Can't Take No More /Elvin Bishop's Big Fun Trio /Alligator
Jontavious Willis /I Got a Janky Woman /Blue Metamorphosis /self
Dawn Tyler Watson /Shine On  Rise /Jawbreaker! /self
Macy Blackman /Ruler of My Heart /Shoorah Shoorah /MamaRu
Johnny Mastro and Mama's Boys /Judgement Day /Never Trust the Living /self
Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band /When My Baby Left Me /Family Owned
Valerie June /Man Done Wrong /The Order of Time /Concord

Saturday Blue Plate Special  Late, Late Night Blues
Trixie Smith /My Man Rocks Me /Blues Masters v11 /Rhino
Ida Cox /Midnight Hour Blues /Classic Blues Songs of the '20s v2 /Blues Images
Robert Johnson /From Four Until Late /Complete Recordings v2 /Columbia
Speckled Red /You Got to Fix It /When the Sun Goes Down v3 /Bluebird
T-Bone Walker /Midnight Blues /Very Best of /Koch
Lowell Fulson /Three O'Clock Blues /My First Recordings /Arhoolie
B.B. King /Three O'Clock Blues /Singin' the Blues /Flair
Gatemouth Brown /Two O'Clock in the Morning /His First Recordings '47-'51 /EPM
Johnny Guitar Watson /title track /3 Hours Past Midnight /Flair
Big Maybelle /Blues, Early, Early /Candy /Savoy
Luther Allison /4:00 in the Morning /Love Me Mama /Delmark
Jimmy Reed /Can't Sleep at Night /self titles /Paula
Magic Slim /Early Every Morning /Grand Slam /Rooster
John Mooney  Jimmy Thackery /Six O'Clock in the Morning /Sideways in Paradise /Blind Pig
Rod Piazza /Blue hour /Live at B.B. King's /Big Mo
Foree Wells Jr. /Midnight is Falling /It's a New Day, Brother! /Stackhouse
Corey Harris /title track /Between Midnight and Day /Alligator
Janiva Magness /All Night Worker /Use What You Got /Blues Leaf
Otis Rush /The Right Time /Any Place I'm Going /House of Blues
Matthew Robinson /Sunday Morning Love /Bad Habits /Fedora
Al Miller /title track /In Between Time /self
Candye Kane /Scream in the Night /The Toughest Girl Alive /Bullseye
Home Cookin' /Five O'Clock Blues /Afro Billy Soul Stew /Blue Dot
Mark Hummel /Midnight Hour /Golden State Lone Star Blues Revue /Electro-Fi
Sista Monica /Funny How Time Slips Away /Can't Keep a Good Woman Down /Mo Muscle