[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 3/4/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Mar 4 18:08:46 EST 2017

My show #849.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was about drinking, in honor of the first (recorded) tavern in the U.S. opening for business on today's date in 1634 Boston.  It was called The Three Mariners"

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

March 4, 2017
Muddy Waters /Whiskey No Good /Can't Get No Grindin' /Chess

This Date in Blues History
1925  Eva Taylor /Papa-De-Da-Da /Blues Masters v11 /Rhino
1953  Little Walter /Tell Me Mama /Essential /Chess
1953  Clarence Garlow /New Bon Ton Roulay /self titled /Lacienega
1977  James Cotton /Rocket 88 /Breakin' It Up, Breakin' It Down /Epic
1995  Aron Burton /Evenin' Sun Goin' Down /Live /Earwig
1995  Big Jack Johnson /Fightin' Woman /Live in Chicago /Earwig
1995  Bonnie Lee /That's All Right /Sweetheart of the Blues /Delmark

Birthday Boy (and newest inductee into the Blues Hall of Fame)
Willie Johnson 3/4/23 - 2/26/95
wi. Howlin' Wolf /How Many More Years /Memphis Days v1 /Bear Family
wi. Willie Nix /Tell Me One More Time /Sun Blues Story /One Day
wi. Howlin' Wolf /My Last Affair /Memphis Days v1 /Bear Family
wi. Sammy Lewis /So Long Baby, Goodbye /Sun Records Harmonica Classics /(LP) Rounder
wi. George Robinson /Sputnik Music /Chicago Ain't Nothin' but a Blues Band /Delmark

New on the Menu
Lauren Mitchell /Brown Liquor /Desire /self
Eight O'Five Jive /A Little Bit of Bourbon /Swing Set /Red Rudy Too Tunes
Elvin Bishop /Let the Four Winds Blow /Elvin Bishop's Big Fun Trio /Alligator
Otis Taylor /Twelve String Mile /Fantasizing About Being Black /Trance Blues
Jerron Paxton /Lost My Appetite for Chicken /Recorded Music for Your Entertainment /self
Dawn Tyler Watson /Can't Nobody /Jawbreaker! /self
Johnny Mastro and Mama's Boys /Monkey Man /Never Trust the Living /self

Saturday Blue Plate Special   "Blues for Three Mariners"
Hokum Jug Band /Good Gordon Gin /Tampa Red Chronological v1 /Document
Eddie Vinson /When a Woman Loves Her Juice /Old Maid Boogie /Blue Boar
Joe Lutcher /Traffic Song /Chronological 1947 /Classics
Eddie Mack /Lemonade /Hoot and Holler Saturday Night /Delmark
Little Walter /Moonshine Blues /Blues World of Little Walter /Delmark
Billy "Red" Love /Juiced /Sun Blues Story /One Day
Christine Kittrell /Sittin' Here Drinkin' /Night Train to Nashville /CMF
Floyd Dixon /Wine, Wine, Wine /Rhythm and Blues v2 /Membran
Big Mama Thornton /Rock-a-Bye-Baby /Peacock Recordings /MCA
Sunnyland Slim /Everytime I Get to Drinkin' /Windy City Blues /Stax
J.B. Hutto /Too Much Alcohol /Chicago-The Blues-Today! /Vanguard
Buddy Guy /title track /I was Walking Through the Woods /Chess
Robert Ealey /Havin' a Party /Turn Out the Lights /Black Top
Paul Black /Malted Milk /King Dollar /H.o.B.
Tim Elliott /Sloppy Drunk /Bed Slats 'n All /Buzz
R.L. Burnside /Jumper on the Line /Burnside on Burnside /Fat Possum
William Clarke /Drinkin' By Myself /Blowin' Like Hell /Alligator
Augie Jr. /title track /Drinker's Choice /Barrelhouse
Omar and the Howlers /Blues in a Bottle /Blues Bag /Black Top
Big Joe and the Dynaflows /title track /Layin' in the Alley /Black Top
James Harman /Three Way Party /Cards on the Table /Black Top
Moreland and Arbuckle /Coal Black Mattie /Caney Valley Blues /self
Mitch Woods /Tipitina /Jukebox Drive /El Toro
Billy Boy Arnold /Half a Pint /Billy Boy Sings Sonny Boy /Electro-Fi
Big Bill Morganfield /Havin' Fun /Blues with a Mood /Black Shuck