[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 7/29/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jul 29 17:12:38 EDT 2017

My show # 868.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a tuneage from the history of West Coast Blues, more specifically Southern California.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

July 29, 2017
Aristocrat record #1306
Muddy Waters /Whiskey Blues /More Real Folk Blues /Chess

This Date in Blues History
1929  Mae Glover /Gas Man Blues /He Got Out His Big 10 Inch /Indigo

1940  Washboard Sam /Why Did You Do That to Me? /Essential v2 /Classic Blues

1953  Lightnin' Hopkins /Policy Game /Mojo Hand Anthology /Rhino

1969  Freddie King /I Wonder Why /Taking Care of Business v5 /Bear Family

1975  Otis Rush /I've Got News for You /So Many Roads - Live Concert /Delmark

1979  Big Walter /What's on Your Worried Mind? /Little Boy Blue (lp) /JSP

1995  Johnny B. Moore /Back Door Friend /Live at Blue Chicago /Blue Chicago

2009  Elmore James Jr. /Mean Mistreater Mama /Baby Please Set a Date /Wolf

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed

All of it Blue!  featuring John Primer

wi. Jr. Pettis /Poor Man's Blues /Nora Lee /Wolf

John Primer /Give Me Back My Wig /It's a Blues Life /Wolf

John Primer /Double Trouble /Stuff You Got to Watch /Earwig

wi. Bob Corritore /When I Leave Home /Ain't Nothing You Can Do /Delta Groove

Requested

Cab Calloway /Reefer Man /Drink Up, Light Up /Fantastic Voyage

New on the Menu

Joshua Jacobson /Baby's Mama Don't Really Care /Good Little Thing /FatMouth

The Nighthawks /VooDoo Doll /All You Gotta Do /EllerSoul

Oscar Wilson /Blackjack /One Room Blues /Airway

4 Joes and a Jane /What You Bet? /Sumoin' Jumpin' /Blaze

Doug MacLeod /Who's Driving This Bus? /Break the Chain /Reference Recordings

George Thorogood /Wang Dang Doodle /Party of One /Rounder

Big Al Dorn /I've Had Too Much to Drink /They Call Me Big Al /self

Louisiana Jug Band /Don't Drink It in Here /Jug Band Blues /Rough Guide

Hunter Wiggins Seamons /Hard Time Blues /A Black and Tan Roll /Tantamount

Soul Man Evans /Let the Good Times Roll /Eastside Kings /Dialtone

Cash Box Kings /I'm a Stranger /Royal Mint /Alligator

Saturday Blue Plate Special  West Coast (SoCal) Blues

Nat Cole Trio /Gone with the Draft /Hit That Jive, Jack /MCA

T-Bone Walker /Mean Old World /The Beginning /EPM

Charles Brown /Tell Me You'll Wait for Me /1944-1945 /Classics

Joe Lutcher /Traffic Song /Chronological 1947 /Classic Blues

Roy Milton /Hop, Skip and Jump /and His Solid Senders /Specialty

Joe Liggins /Saturday Night Boogie Woogie Man /Legends of Jump Blues v1 /Specialty

Floyd Dixon /Wine, Wine, Wine /Rhythm and Blues v2 /Membran

Johnny Watson /she Moves Me /3 Hours Past Midnight /Flair

PeeWee Crayton /Do Unto Others /Complete Alladin and Imperial /Capitol

Amos Milburn /Jitterbug Fashion Parade /Blues, Barrelhouse and Boogie Woogie /Capitol

George Smith /Telephone Blues /Harmonica Ace /Ace

Rod Piazza wi Dirty Blues Band /My Babe /Stone Dirt /Black Rose

Smokey Wilson /I'm Gonna Have to Put You Down /Round Like an Apple /Ace

Hollywood Fats Band /All Pretty Women /Rock This House /Black Top

William Clarke /The Little Girl I'm Loving /Blues from Los Angeles v1 /Watchdog

Kid Ramos /Chicken Hearted Baby /Greasy Kid Stuff /Evidence

San Pedro Slim /Tables Do Turn /Barhoppin' /Barroom Blues Music

Candye Kane /Walkin' Talkin' Haunted House /Sister Vagabond /Delta Groove

James Harman /3 Way Party /Cards on the Table /Black Top

The '44s /Take It Easy /Boogie Disease /Rip Cat

Mighty Mojo Prophets /Friday Night Phone Call /self titled /Rip Cat

Big Jon Atkinson /Don't You Know /Boogie With You Baby /Bluebeat

Nathan James /Chosen Kind /What You Make of It /Delta Groove

Mannish Boys /You Can't be Beat /Shake for Me /Delta Groove