[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 20th Anniversary 7/15/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jul 15 18:56:16 EDT 2017

My show # 867.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was tuneage from from nearly 100 years of recorded blues as I celebrated 20 years with WWSP at the Blues Cafe'.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

July 15, 2017
Muddy Waters /Honey Bee /The Lost Tapes /Blind Pig

1st tune played on show #1 7/19/97
Big Time Sarah /Evil Gal Blues /Lay It on 'em Girls /Delmark
1920s
Bessie Smith /Ain't Nobody's Business /Volume 1 /Frog
Ma Rainey /Little Low Mam Blues /Complete Collection v3 /King Jazz
Papa Charlie Jackson /Mama Don't Allow It /Music of... vol. C /JSP
Blind Lemon Jefferson /One Dime Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v2 /Blues Images

Early Memphis
Frank Stokes /I Got Mine /Masters of Memphis Blues vol. C /JSP
Carolina Peanut Boys /This Will Bring You Back /Jug Band Blues /Rough Guide
Memphis Sheiks /Sitting on Top of the World /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v2/Blues Images
Memphis Minnie  Kansas Joe /When the Levee Breaks /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v12/Blues Images

Tampa Red
Hokum Boys /It's Tight Like That /Chronological v1 /Document
Tampa Red /Uncle Bud /Voice of the Blues /Catfish
Tampa Red /Black Angel Blues /Guitar Wizard /Columbia
Tampa Red /You Can't Get the Stuff No More /Guitar Wizard /Columbia

Jump!
Louis Jordan /Caladonia Boogie /1944-1946 /JSP
Big Jay McNeely /Roadhouse Blues /Boogie Woogie Goodies v3 /Membran
Roy Milton /Hop, Skip and Jump /and His Solid Senders /Specialty
Red Mack /The Joint is Jumpin' /Sumpin' Jumpin' /Blaze

Electric Guitar
T-Bone Walker /Alimony Blues /Very Best of /Koch
Pete Lewis wi. Johnny Otis /Midnight at the Barrelhouse /Johnny Otis Story v1 /Ace
Muddy Waters /Hello Little Girl /More Real Folk Blues /Chess
Arthur Crudup /title track /That's All Right, Mama /BMG

'50s - '60s Guitar
Willie Johnson wi. Howlin' Wolf /How Many More Years /Chess 50th Anniversary /Chess
Pat Hare wi. Bobby Bland /Farther on Up the Road /Singles Collection '51-
'62 /MCA
B.B. King /How Blue Can You Get /Live at the Regal /MCA
Buddy Guy /I Got a Strange Feeling /I Was Walking Through the Woods /Chess
Elmore James /title track /The Sky is Crying /Rhino

Blues Across the Pond
Rolling Stones /Little Red Rooster /Now! /Abkco
Peter Green /Merry Go Round /Fleetwood Mac /Blue Horizon
Miller Anderson /Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood /Knights of the Round Table /Viceroy
Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation /Down Hearted /Remains to be Heard /SPV

Modern Styles
Slim Harpo /I'm a King Bee /Buzzin' the Blues v1 /Bear Family
King Karl /this Should Go On Forever /Killer Swamp Guitar /Excello
Otis Spann /Blues is a Botheration /Cryin' Time /Vanguard
Otis Rush /I Can't Quit You Baby /So Many Road - Live Concert /Delmark
Hound Dog Taylor /When Things Go Wrong /and the Houserockers /Alligator
Robert Nighthawk /Goin' Down to Eli's /Live on Maxwell St. /Rounder
Johnny Winter /Dallas /self titled /Columbia
Big Mama Thornton /Sweet Little Angel /Ball n' Chain /Arhoolie
Charlie Musselwhite /Highway Blues /Memphis Charlie /Arhoolie
Doug Sahm /Reconsider Baby /Last Real Texas Blues Band /Antone's

New on the Menu
Andy T Band /I Was Gonna Leave You /Double Strike /American Showplace Music
San Pedro Slim /No Overtime /In Times Like These /Mojo King
Oscar Wilson /One Room Country Shack /One Room Blues /Airway
Cash Box Kings /Travelin' Riverside Blues /Royal Mint /Alligator