[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 7/8/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jul 8 17:40:17 EDT 2017

My show # 866.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was tuneage from 5 blues artists who have their birthday celebrated today: Louis Jordan, Johnnie Johnson, Henry Qualls, Arthur Williams and Larry Garner.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

July 8, 2017
Aristocrat record #1311
Muddy Waters /Canary Bird /Real Folk Blues /Chess
Muddy Waters /Little Geneva /Real Folk Blues /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1935  Bumble Bee Slim /Hey Lawdy Mama /Essential /Classic Blues
1939  Charlie Burse /Oil It Up and Go /Good Time Blues /Columbia
1946  Joe Liggins /Breaking My Heart /Shuffle Boogie King /Proper
1955  Dolly Cooper /My Man /Tiny Topsy and Friends /Rock n' Rhythm
1979  Little Willie Anderson /West Side Baby /Swinging the Blues /Earwig
1998  Eddie Kirkland /Got to be Some Changes Made /Hastings Street Grease /Blue Suit
2013  Mark Hummel /Gee, I Wish /The Hustle is Really On /Electro-Fi

New on the Menu
Seven Gallon Jug Band /Wipe 'em Off /Jug Band Blues /Rough Guide
John Lee Hooker /No Shoes /Whiskey and Women /Vee-Jay
San Pedro Slim /Going to See Mr. Lee /In Times Like These /Mojo King
Cash Box Kings /Flood /Royal Mint /Alligator
Oscar Wilson /Farther on Up the Road /One Room Blues /Airway
Williams, Wayne and Isaak /Betty and Dupree /Big City Back Country Blues /self
Kilborn Alley Blues Band /Easy to Love You /Tolono Tapes /Run It Back
Linsey Alexander /title track /Two Cats /Delmark
Gatemouth Brown /Pale Dry Boogie part 1 and part 2 /Boogie Uproar /Jasmine
Harrison Kennedy /Keep Your Coat On /Who U Tellin'? /Electro-Fi
Bobby Gilmore /Tore Up from the Floor Up /Eastside Kings /Dialtone
Andy T Band /Drunk or Sober /Double Strike /American Showplace Music

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Five Guys Named Moe"
Louis Jordan 7/8/08 - 2/4/75
Louis Jordan /Sam Jones Snagged His Britches On /1938-1940 /JSP
Louis Jordan /Sure Had a Wonderful Time /1944-1946 /JSP
Louis Jordan /Don't Cry, Cry Baby /1949-1950 /JSP
Louis Jordan /Five Guys Named Moe /1941-1944 /JSP

Johnnie Johnson  7/8/24 - 4/13/05
wi. Chuck Berry /Thirty Days /Best of v1 /Chess
wi. Chuck Berry /Wee Wee Hours /On the Blues Side /Chess
Johnnie Johnson /Tanqueray /Johnnie B. Bad /Elektra
Johnnie Johnson /See See Rider /Blue Hand Johnnie /Evidence

Henry Qualls  7/8/34 - 12/7/03
Henry Qualls /Shotgun Blues /Blues from Elmo, Texas /DBS
Henry Qualls /Motherless Children Have a Hard Time /Blues from Elmo, Texas /DBS
Henry Qualls /What You Gonna Do? /Blues Across America: Dallas /Cannonball
Henry Qualls /Rosie Mae /Texas Blues Guitar Summit /JSP

Arthur Williams 7/8/38  79 today!
wi. Frank Frost /Things You Do /Jelly Roll King /Paula
wi. Big Bad Smitty /Last Night /Cold Blood /HMG
Arthur Williams /Don't Start Me to Talkin' /Midnight Blue /Rooster
Arthur Williams /I'm a King Bee /Direct to Disc /Analogue Productions

Larry Garner 7/8/52 65 today!
Larry Garner /No Free Rides /Double Dues /JSP
Larry Garner /Mr. and Mrs. Pain /Too Blues /JSP
Larry Garner /Nothing but Life /Once Upon the Blues /Ruf
Larry Garner /Someplace for Evil /Here Today, Gone Tomorrow /VooDoo