[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 7/1/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jul 1 15:52:33 EDT 2017

My show # 865.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was tuneage from three blues giants who have their birthday celebrated today, Tom Dorsey, Willie Dixon and James Cotton.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

June 24, 2017
Muddy Waters /She Moves Me /Muddy MS Waters Live /Legacy
This Date in Blues History
1939  Little Buddy Doyle /Hard Scufflin' Blues /Masters of Memphis Blues vD /JSP

1941  Doctor Clayton /Back Door Man Blues /Chronological Works '35-'42 /Document

1947  Rosetta Tharpe /Didn't It Rain /Gospel of the Blues /MCA

1955  Cousin Leroy /41 Highway /Groovin' the Blues /Bear Family

1960  Little Brother Montgomery /Satellite Blues /Tasty Blues /Bluesville

1972  Albert King /title track /Roadhouse Blues /Stax

2003  Henry Gray /How Long, How Long Blues /Piano Blues /Columbia

2006  Odell Harris /Sittin' on Top of the World /Searching for Odell Harris /Broke and Hungry

Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, All of it Blue!

featuring the Cash Box Kings

Cash Box Kings /Searching for You /Live at the King Club /Blue Midnight

Cash Box Kings /My Little Machine /Royal Treatment /Blue Midnight

Cash Box Kings /BC Blues /Cuttin' Heads /Blue Midnight

Cash Box Kings /I COme All the Way fron Chi-Town /Royal Mint /Alligator

New on the Menu

John Lee Hooker /Grinder Man /Whiskey and Wimmen /Vee-Jay

Karen Lovely /title track /Fish Outta Water /self

San Pedro Slim /You Must think I'm a Fool /In Times Like These /Mojo King

Andy T Band /Doin' Hard Time /Double Strike /American Showcase

Williams, Wayne and Isaak /Laughing Stock /Big City Back Country Bluer /self

Harrison Kennedy /Takin' IT Back /Who U Tellin' /Electro-Fi

Kilborn Alley Blues Band /Christmas in County /Tolono Tapes /Run It Back

Linsey Alexander /Why I Sing the Blues /Teo Cats /Delmark

King David's Jug Band /What's That Smells Like Gravy /Jug Band Blues /Rough Guide