[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 1/28/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jan 28 17:45:18 EST 2017

My show #846.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was part 5 of Blue Review 2016 as we started the countdown of favorite albums from last year.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

January 28, 2017
Muddy Waters /Kind Hearted Woman Blues /More Real Folk Blues /Chess
Robert Johnson /Kind Hearted Woman Blues /King of the Delta Blues Singers v2 /Columbia
Robert Lockwood Jr. /Kind Hearted Woman Blues /Steady Rollin' Man /Delmark

This Date in Blues History
1927  Luella Miller /Rattle Snake Groan /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s v11 /Blues Images

1941  Big Jack Dupree /My Baby's Gone /1940-1950 /Wolf

1947  Bill Broonzy /Texas Tornado Blues /War & Postwar Years vol.C /JSP

1955  Big Joe Turner /Flip, Flop and Fly /Very Best of /Rhino

1972  Jimmy Rogers /That's Alright /Sings the Blues /Shelter

1976  Billy Boy Arnold /Somebody Help Me /The Devil's Music /Indigo

1992  Phil Guy /Wine Headed Woman /Chicago Sessions v25 /Wolf

1998  Sugar Ray Norcia /No Good Woman /Sweet and Swingin' /Bullseye

New on the Menu

Reverend Freakchild /Wish I was in Heaven Sitting Down /Preachin' Blues /T&R

Thornetta Davis /When My Sister Sings the Blues /Honest Woman /Sweet Mama Music

Norman Jackson Band /Norman's Blues /IBC #32 2016 /Blues Foundation

Ronnie Baker Brooks /Twine Time /Times Have Changed /Provogue

Saturday Blue Plate Special was  Blue Review 2016 Album Countdown #22-#14

#22  Mel Brown /Live at Pop the Gator 1991 /Electro-Fi

I'm Gonna Move to the Outskirts of Town

Georgia on My Mind

Hey Joe

#21  Kenny Blues Boss Wayne /Jumpin' and Boppin' /Stony Plain

Bankrupt Baby

Back to Square One

Rock Little Girl

#20  Robert Lil' Poochie Watson  Hezekiah Early /Natchez Burnin' /Broke and Hungry

Mama Don't Love Papa

Baby Please Don't Go

Ain't That Just Like a Woman

#19  Sugar Ray and the Bluetones /Seeing is Believing /Severn

title track

Misses Blues

Not Me

#18  Duke Robillard /Blues Full Circle /Stony Plain

Lay a Little Lovin' on Me

Mourning Dove

Shufflin' and Scufflin'

#17  Doug MacLeod /Live in Europe /Under the Radar

The New Panama Limited

Cold Rain

#16  Lurrie Bell /Can't Shake This Feeling /Delmark

One Eyed Woman

Born with the Blues

Faith and Music

#15  Big Harp George /Wash My Horse in Champagne /Blues Mountain

title track

Cool Mistake

I Ain't the Judge of You

#14  Terry Hanck /From the Roadhouse to Your House..Live /Vizztone

Good Good Rockin'

Flat Foot Sam

Smilin' Through My Tears