[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 1/21/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jan 21 17:54:40 EST 2017

My show #845.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was theme driven blues about re-visiting broken relationships.  I called it the "Do Over Blues".   Also part 4 of Blue Review 2016 as we enjoyed great tuneage brought to us last year.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

January 21, 2017
Muddy Waters /Got My Mojo Workin' /Trouble No More /Chess
Ann Cole /Got My Mojo Workin' /Blues Masters v5 /Rhino
Muddy Waters /Rock Me /Trouble No More /Chess
Lil' Son Jackson /Rockin' and Rollin' /Volume 1 /Document

This Date in Blues History
1928  Alfoncy Harris /I Don't Care What You Say /When the Sun Goes Down v2 /Bluebird

1941  Lil Green /I Won't Sell My Love /1940-1941 /Classics

1953  Homesick James /Homesick /Down Home Blues Classics: Chicago /Boulevard Vintage

1957  Chuck Berry /Blue Feeling /On the Blue Side /Chess

1968  Canned Heat /Turpentine Moan /Boogie With... /Magic

1969  Jimmy Dawkins /I Finallly Learned a Lesson /Fast Fingers /Delmark

1980  Eddie Taylor /Wreck on 83 Highway /My Heart is Bleeding /Evidence

Birthdays Boys and Girl

Snooks Eaglin /Young Girl /Out of Nowhere /Black Top

Butler Twins /Jack Daniels and Me /Pursue Your Dreams /JSP

Bnois King /So Blind /Take Your Best Shot /Bullseye

Zora Young /Wang Dang Doodle /The French Connection /Delmark

Blue Review 2016  part 4

Melissa Etheridge /I've Got Dreams to Remember /Memphis Rock and Soul /Stax

The Jimmys /Lonesome Whistle Blues /Live from Transylvania /Brown Cow

Kat Kings /When I Say Jump /Swingin' in the Swamp /Kool Kat

Mick Kolassa /My Hurry Up Done Broke /Taylor Made Blues /Swing Suit

Deb Ryder /Lord Knows I Do /Grit, Grease and Tears /Dejeb

Smokewagon Blues Band /I Tried /Cigar Store /self

Alexis P. Suter /Let It Be /All for Loving You /American Showcase

Mike Wheeler /Brand New Cadillac /Turn Up! /Delmark

Saturday Blue Plate Special   "Do Over Blues"

Beale Street Sheiks /Jumpin' on the Hill /Masters of Memphis Blues vol. B /JSP

Buddy Moss /Bye Bye Mama /Country Blues Essentials /Classics

Big Maceo /Come on Home /Bluebird Recordings '45-;47 /RCA

Mabel Scott /Don't Cry Baby /1938-1950 /Classics

Muddy Waters /Standin' Here Tremblin' /Rare and Unissued /Chess

Slim Harpo /Rainin' in My Heart /Buzzin' the Blues v1 /Bear Family

Jelly Roll Kings /Have Mercy Baby /Rockin' the Juke Joint Down /Earwig

Anson Funderburgh and the Rockets /I'll Keep on Trying /Rack 'em Up /Black Top

T.D. Bell  Erbie Bowser /Soon as the Weather Breaks /It's About Time /Spindletop

Jimmy Rogers /Out on the Road /Corritore All-Star Sessions /HMG

Big Joe and the Dynaflows /Don't Write Me Off /Layin' in the Alley /Black Top

Snooks Eaglin /I'm not Ashamed /Soul's Edge /Black Top

Mississippi Heat /Better Day /Thunder in My Heart /Van der Linden

U.P. Wilson /Your Last Chance /Whirlwind /JSP

Otis Rush /Looking Back /Any Place I'm Going /House of Blues

Henry Gray /Why You Wanna Do Me Like That D2D /APO

Cash Box Kings /Second Chance /I-94 Blues /Blue Bella

Nathan James /Look Before I Leap /Hear Me Calling /Sacred Cat

The 44's /Hold On /Americana /Rip Cat

Knickerbocker All-Stars /Reconsider Baby /Open Mic at the Knick /J.P. Cadillac

New on the Menu

Reverend Freakchild /In My Time of Dyin' /Preachin' Blues /Treated and Released

Sonny Moorman /You Make All My Blues Come True /IBC #32 2016 /self

Hector Anchendo Band /Tall Glass of Whiskey /IBC #32 2016 /self

Ronnie Baker Brooks /Doin' too Much /Times Have Changed /Provogue