[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 1/14/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jan 14 17:51:10 EST 2017

My show #844.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a survey of North Mississippi Hill Country Blues.  Also part 3 of Blue Review 2016 as we enjoyed great tuneage brought to us last year.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

January 14, 2017
Muddy Waters /I Feel So Good /Sings Bill Broonzy /Chess
Big Bill Broonzy /I Feel So Good /1941-1945 /JSP
This Date in Blues History
1925  Bessie Smith /Reckless Blues /The Collection /Columbia
1946  Red Allen /Get the Mop /When the Sun Goes Down v4 /Bluebird
1946  Dinah Washington /Joy Juice /Drink Up - Light Up /Fantastic Voyage
1946  Charles Brown /I Don't Care Who Knows /Cocktail Combos v2 /Capitol
1944 birthday  Lil Buck Sinegal /Line Dancer /The Buck Stops Here /NYNO
1953  Stick McGhee /Whiskey, Women, and Loaded Dice /New York Blues  /Ace
1983  Little Milton /Bad Luck /Live at Westville Prison /Delmark
2004  Sam Myers /Waitin' on You Mama /Coming from the Old School /Electro-Fi

Blue Review 2016 part 3
Hard Swimmin' Fish /No Shortage of the Blues /True Believer /self
Dennis Jones /Lonely Joint /Both Sides of the Track /Blue Rock
Lil Ed  and the Blues Imperials /I'll Cry Tomorrow /The Big Sound of... /Alligator
The Lucky Losers /It Ain't Enough /In Any Town /Dirty Cat
Howard Guitar Luedtke /Mean Old Lonesome Train /Goin' Down to Alabama /False Dog
Biscuit Miller /Mr. DJ /Wishbone /Blue Bass
Moreland and Arbuckle /Long Way Home /Promised Land or Bust /Alligator
Shaun Murphy /title track /It Won't Stop Raining /Vision Wall
Rose City Kings /Working Girl Blues /A Love so Strong /self
Curtis Salgado /Is There Something I Should Know /The Beautiful Lowdown /Alligator
Bobby Rush /title track /Porcupine Meat /Rounder

Saturday Blue Plate Special   North Mississippi Hill Country Blues

Garfield Akers /Jumpin' and Shoutin' the Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s /Blues Images

Rosa Lee Hill /Roll and Tumble Blues /Alan Lomax Songbook v1 /Rounder

Jr. Kimbrough /Lonesome in My Home /First Recordings /Big Legal Mess

Napoleon Strickland /Oh Baby /Mississippi Delta Blues v1 /Arhoolie

R.L. Burnside /Jumper on the Line /First Recordings /Fat Possum

Johnny Woods /My Jack Don't Need No Water /Mississippi Delta Blues v1 /Arhoolie

Jessie Mae Hemphill /Honey Bee /Get Right Blues /High Tone

R.L. Burnside /Goin' Away Baby /Sound Machine Groove /High Water

Jr. Kimbrough /Baby Please Don't Leave Me /Meet Me in the City /Fat Possum

Jr. Kimbrough /title track /All Night Long /Fat Possum

Jr. Kimbrough /Leaving in the Morning /Sad Days Lonely Nights /Fat Possum

Jr. Kimbrough /I'm in Love /Most Things Haven't Worked Out /Fat Possum

Robert Belfour /My Baby's Gone /What's Wrong with You /Fat Possum

Richard Johnston /Coal Black Mattie /Official Bootleg #1 /OTG

Slick Ballinger /Shake 'em on Down /Real Blues and Pomade for the Soul /self

Moreland, Arbuckle and Floyd /Locomotive /Floyd's Market /self

Sean Apple  Martin Grant /Stay All Night /Rollin' and Tumblin' /self

Seasick Steve /Down on the Farm /Hubcap Blues /Third Man

Ian Siegal /Devil's in the Details /The Skinny /Nugene

Markus James /Shake /Head for the Hills /Firenz

Deak Harp /If You're Ever in Clarksdale /Mississippi Bound /self

Kenny Brown /Goin' Down South /Stingray /Fat Possum

Blue Review 2016 part 3

Matthew Skoller /Big Box Store /Blues Immigrant /Tongue 'n Groove

RB Stone /title track /Some Call It Freedom /Middle Mountain

Alexis P. Suter /Another Place and Time /All for Loving You /American Showplace

Nancy Wright /Been Waiting That Long /Playdate! /Vizztone