[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 1/7/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jan 7 18:36:00 EST 2017

My show #842.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special featured artist musicians playing in pairs, "Blue Duos", this afternoon.  Also part 2 of Blue Review 2016 as we enjoyed great tuneage brought to us this year.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

December 31, 2016
Muddy Waters /All Night Long /Rollin' Stone v2 /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1930  Lonnie Johnson /She's Making Whoopie in Hell Tonight /Essential v2 /Classics
1954  Jimmy Rogers /Blues All Day Long /Chess Recordings v1 /Chess
1954  Muddy Waters /Hoochie Coochie Man /Chess Masters v2 /Chess
1957  Big Maybelle /If I Could be With You /Candy /Okeh
1964  Homesick James /Johnny Mae /Blues on the South Side /Bluesville
1983  Sunnyland Slim /Past Life /Be Careful How You Vote /Earwig
1993  Aron Burton /Live Like a Beggar /Past, Present and Future /Earwig
1998  Dr. John /Hello God /Anutha Zone /Pacific Blues

Birthday Boy  Joe Willie Wilkins  born 1/7/1923  Davenport MS
wi. Willie Love /Everybody's Fishing /Delta Blues 1951 /Alligator
wi. Rice Miller /Stop Now Baby /King Biscuit Time /Arhoolie
wi. Arthur Crudup /Gonna Find My Baby /Goin' in Your Direction /Alligator
wi. Willie Nix /Baker Shop Boogie /Sun Blues Story /Bear Family
wi. Rice Miller /Cat Hop /Goin' in Your Direction /Alligator
Joe Willie Wilkins /Little Car Blues /Ann Arbor Blues and Jazz Festival /Schoolkid's
Joe Willie Wilkins /Me and the Devil Blues /Ann Arbor Blues and Jazz Festival /Schoolkid's

Blue Review 2016  part 2
Omar Coleman /Raspberry Wine /Live! /Delmark
Eddie Turner /Don't Let Me be Misunderstood /Naked...in Your Face /7-14
Reverend Freakchild /Safe in the Storm /Kairos /T&R
Terrie Odabi /Wade in the Water /My Blue Soul /self
Lew Jetton /Glory Train /Rain /Coffee Street
Monkey Junk /Undertaker Blues /Time to Roll /Stony Plain
Kat Kings /Ridin' in Style /Swingin' in the Swamp /Kool Kat
Mike Sponza /The Thin Line /Ergo Sum /E-Pop
Tony Vega /Frisco /Black Magic Box /Silver Belly
Smokewagon Blues Band /Put the Quilt Out to Dry /Cigar Store /self

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Blue Duos"
Lonnie Johnson  James Johnson /Steppin' on the Blues /Essential v1 /Classics
Frank Stokes  Dan Sane /It Won't be Long /Masters of Memphis Blues /JSP
Ishman Bracey  Charlie McCoy /Saturday Blues /When the Sun Goes Down v2 /Bluebird
Leroy Carr  Scrapper Blackwell /How Long, How Long Blues /Vol.1 '22-'29 /Document
Tampa Red  GA Tom Dorsey /Selling That Stuff /Chronological v1 /Document
Memphis Minnie  KS Joe McCoy /When the Levee Breaks /Classic Blues from the '20s v12 /Blues Images
walter Vincson  Lonnie Chatmon /Sitting on Top of the World /Classic Blues from the '20s v2 /Blues Images
Sonny Terry  Brownie McGhee /Red River Blues /Double Crossing Blues /House of Blues
Wade Walton  R.C. Smith /Barbershop rhythm /I Have to Paint My Face /Arhoolie
Buddy Guy  Jr. Wells /Give Me My Coat and Shoes /Alone and Acoustic /Alligator
R.L. Burnside  Jon Neremberg /Death Bells /Acoustic Stories /M.C.
Augie Rodola Jr.  Randy Torgeson /Jefferson Girl /Drinker's Choice /Barrelhouse
Blind MS Morris  Brad Webb /Cherry Picker /Back Porch Blues /Boogie BBQ
Ben Hernandez  Nathan James /Took My Savior's Hand /This Road is Mine /Pacific Blues
Ben Prestage  Bruce Johnson /God is Gonna Cut You Down /Real Music /self
Victor Wainwright  Josh Roberts /Sold Down the River /Beale Street to the Bayou /Wild Root

Blue Review 2016  part 2 cont'd
Billy Seward /Strange How I Miss You /South Shore /self
Monkeyjunk /Undertaker Blues /Time to Roll /Stony Plain
Mike Eldred /Papa Legba /Baptist Town /Great Western
King Brothers /Big Legged Woman /Get Up and Shake It /Club Savoy
Reverend Freakchild /Sinner Blues /Kairos /T&R
Nick Moss /Long Tall Woman /From the Root to the Fruit /Blue Bella