[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 4/29/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Apr 29 16:38:10 EDT 2017

My show # 857.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was  theme driven tuneage about the hard realities of living under the "boss man".

101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

April 29, 2017
Muddy Waters /Take a Little Walk with Me /Complete Plantation Recordings /Chess
The Development of a Tune
Robert Lockwood Jr. /Take a Little Walk with Me /Mississippi Blues /Wolf
Robert Johnson /Sweet Home Chicago /King of the Delta Blues Singers v1 /Columbia
Kokomo Arnold /title track /Old Original Kokomo Blues /Catfish
Scrapper Blackwell /Kokomo Blues /Virtuoso Guitar of... /Yazoo

This Date in Blues History
1936  Blind Boy Fuller /Truckin' My Blues Away /1935-1938 /JSP
1938  Memphis Minnie /Keep on Eatin' /Bed Spring Poker /Indigo
1940  Don't Let Your Left Hand Know.. /Louis Jordan /1938-1940 /JSP
1947  Eddie Vinson /Railroad Porter Blues /Old Maid Boogie /Blue Boar
1954  PeeWee Crayton /Every Dog Has His Day /Complete Alladin and Imperial /EMI
1965  Earl Hooker /Wild Moments /Chicago Blues from C.J Records /Wolf
1975  Otis Rush /You're Breakin' My Heart /Cold Day in Hell /Delmark
1989  Big Robert Smith /24 Hours of the Day /Blues-a-Rama v4 /Black Top
1998  Big Al Dupree /Early This Morning /Positive Thinking /Fedora

New on the Menu
Dylan Bishop Band /I'm Not Ashamed /Exciting Sounds of.../Espanada
Patrick Recob /Frustration Blues /Perpetual Luau /Mr. Lucky's Records
Billy Flynn /The Lucky Kind /Lonesome Highway /Delmark
John Primer  Bob Corritore /Hold Me in Your Arms /Ain't Nothing You Can Do /Delta Groove
Jontavious Willis /Columbus GA Blues /Blue Metamorphosis /self
Guy Davis  Fabrizio Poggi /Evil Hearted Me /Sonny and Brownie's Last Train /M.C.
R.L. Boyce /title track /Roll and Tumble /Waxploitation
Taj Mahal  Ke'Mo' /Don't Leave Me Here /TajMo /Concord

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Boss Man Blues"
Beale St. Sheiks /Mr. Crump Don't Like It /Blues Masters v12 /Rhino
Julius Daniels /Can't Put a Bridle on That Mule This Morning /When the Sun Goes Down v1 /RCA
Tom Dickson /Labor Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the '20s /Blues Images
Sampson Pittman /Levee Camp Story /Detroit Blues 1938-1954 v1 /JSP
Sleepy John Estes /Tell Me How About It /Someday Baby Blues /Snapper
Honeyboy Edwards /You Got to Roll /Delta Bluesman /Earwig
Lightnin' Hopkins /Tom Moore's Farm /Blues Classics v3 /Sony
Big Bill Broonzy /title track /Black, Brown and White /Evidence
John Lee Hooker /Strike Blues /Everybody's Blues /Specialty
Jimmy Reed /Big Boss Man /Best of VeeJay v5 /Collectables
Lil' Son Jackson /Charley Cherry /Blues Come to Texas /Arhoolie
Willie King /Twenty Long Years /Freedom Creek /Rooster
Roy Gaines /Hind Ends and Elbows /New Frontier Lover /Severn
Larry Garner /The Haves and Have Nots /Embarrassment to the Blues /Ruf
Howard Luedtke /Cypress Grove Blues /Alone with the Blues /False Dog
Big Joe and the Dynaflows /Face the Facts /Can't Keep a Big Man Down /Severn
Watermelon Slim /Call My Job /No Paid Holidays /NorthernBlues
Harmonica Shah /Big Boss Lady /Live at The Cove /Electro-Fi
Lil' Poochie and Hezekiah Early /Mr. charlie /Natchez Burnin' /Broke and Hungry
Jerron Paxton /Massa am a Stingy Man /Recorded Music for Your Entertainment /self
Paul Rishell  /Fannin Street (Mr. Hughes' Town) /Talking Guitar /Mojo Rodeo

New on the Menu
Eric Bibb /With a Dolla in My Pocket /Migration Blues /Stony Plain
Amy Black /Further on Up the Road /Memphis /Reuben Records
Mr. Sipp /Strings Attached /Knock a Hole in It /Malaco
Larry Taylor /She Treats Me Just the Same /New Chicago Sounds of.../AV
Mike Welch  Mike Ledbetter /I Can't Please You /Right Place, Right Time /Delta Groove