[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 4/15/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Apr 15 18:16:22 EDT 2017

My show # 856.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a farewell to singer Linda Hopkins and drummer Barry "Frosty " Smith.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

April 15, 2017
Muddy Waters wi. Otis Spann /Five Long Years /Live the Life /Testament

This Date in Blues History
1930  Troy Ferguson /Mama, You Got to Get It Fixed /Essential Country Blues /Classic Blues
1936  birthday Frank Frost /You're so Good to Me /Jelly Roll King /Charly
1942  Arthur Crudup /Gonna Follow My Baby /That's All Right Mama /BMG
1943  birthday Mighty Sam McClain /Meet Me in the Bottom /Hubert Sumlin's Blues Party /Black Top
1954  Jr. Wells /Lord, Lord /Blues Hit Big Town /Delmark
1965  Howlin' Wolf /Ooh Baby, Hold Me /Real Folk Blues /Chess
1968  Canned Heat /Terraplane /Uncanned v2 /EMI
1983  Sister Margo /My God is Real /Jimmy Dawkins Presents the Leric Records Story /Delmark

Birthday Girl  Bessie Smith 4/15/1894 - 9/26/37
Bessie Smith /Down Hearted Blues /The Collection /Columbia
Bessie Smith /St. Louis Blues /The Collection /Columbia
Bessie Smith /My Man Blues /Double Crossing Blues /House of Blues
Bessie Smith /Mean Old Bedbug Blues /The Collection /Columbia
Bessie Smith /Kitchen Man /Bed Spring Poker v1 /Indigo
Bessie Smith /Do Your Duty /The Collection /Columbia

New on the Menu
R.L. Boyce /Child of God /Roll and Tumble /Waxploitation
Mr. Sipp /Gotta Let Her Go /Knock a Hole in It /Malaco
Jontavious Willis /Graveyard Shift Blues /Blue Metamorphosis /self
Eric Bibb /Diego Blues /Migration Blues /Stony Plain
Dylan Bishop /What You Do to Me /Exciting Sounds of... /Espanada
Mike Welch  Mike Ledbetter /Katie Marie /Right Place, Right Time /Delta Groove
Guy Davis  Fabrizio Poggi /Baby Please Don't Go /Sonny and Brownie's Last Train /M.C.
Larry Taylor /Penitentiary Blues /New Chicago Sounds of... /AV
Billy Flynn /Small Town /Lonesome Road /Delmark
John Primer  Bob Corritore /Hold Me in Your Arms /Ain't Nothing You Can Do! /Delta Groove

Saturday Blue Plate Special  Farewell  Linda Hopkins 12/14/24 - 4/11/17
Linda Hopkins /Doggin' Blues /Savoy Blues v2 /Savoy Jazz
Linda Hopkins /Warning Blues /Savoy Blues v2 /Savoy Jazz
Linda Hopkins /The Magic Song /Tiny Topsy and Friends /Rock n' Rhythm
Linda Hopkins /Why Don't You Do Right /How Blue Can You Get /Quicksilver

Farewell Barry "Frosty " Smith  3/20/46 - 4/12/17
wi. Pat Boyack /Righteous Love /Super Blue and Funky /Bullseye
wi. Pat Boyack /I'll be the Joker /Super Blue and Funky /Bullseye
wi. Phillip Walker /title track /I Got a Sweet Tooth /Black Top
wi. W.C. Clark /Lonely No More /Lover's Plea /Black Top
wi. Gary Primich /Dollar, Dollar /Botheration /Black Top
wi. Long John Hunter /Alligators 'Round My Door /Lone Star Shootout /Alligator
wi. Alvin Youngblood Hart /Maxwell Street Jimmy /Start with the Soul /Hannibal
wi. Omar and the Howlers /Linin' Track /Big Delta
wi. Lavelle White /Soul Deep /Into the Mystic /Antones
wi. Johnny Nicholas /Honeydrippin' Baby /Living with the Blues /TopCat
wi. Jimmie Vaughan /Ironic Twist /Texas All-Star Blues Bash /TopCat
wi. Johnny Nicholas /Down in the Alley /Texas All-Star Blues Bash /TopCat
wi. Cornell Dupree /Doin' Alright /I'm Alright /Dialtone