[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 4/8/17

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Apr 8 16:31:32 EDT 2017

My show # 855.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a farewell to Lonnie Brooks.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  Reserve Street
UWSP
Stevens Point WI 54481
715 346 2696
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

April 8, 2017
Mud's last record
Muddy Waters /Champagne and Reefer /Checkerboard Lounge Live Chicago 1981

This Date in Blues History
1908  birthday  Moody Jones /Why Should I Worry /Snooky Pryor /Paula
1927  Peg Leg Howell  Eddie Anthony /Papa Stobb Blues / Chrono;ogical v 1 /Document
1936  Kid Prince Moore /Bug Juice Blues /Booze and the Blues /Columbia
1954  Arthur Crudup /She Got No Hair /That's All Right Mama /BMG
1955  Jimmy Lewis /Hey Pretty Girl /Complete Recordings '47-'55 /Blue Moon
1955  birthday Lil' Ed Williams /Everything I Do Brings Me Closer to the Blues /Roughhousin' /Alligator
            Lil' Ed and the Blues Imperials /No Fast Food /Jump Start /Alligator
            Lil' Ed and the Blues Imperials /Hip Shakin' /Corritore All-Star Sessions /HMG

New on the Menu
Larry Taylor /I Paid My Dues /New Chicago Sounds of... /AV
Mr. Sipp /Bad Feeling /Knock a Hole in It /Malaco
Rev. Peyton's Big Damn Band /Shakey Shirley /Front Porch Sessions /Family Owned
Guy Davis  Fabrizio Poggi /Louise, Louise /Sonny and Brownie's Last Train /M.C.
R.L. Boyce /R.L.'s Boogie /Roll and Tumble /Waxploitation
Johnny Mastro and Mama's Boys /Walking /Never Trust the Living /self
Adrianna Marie /Better Beware /Kingdom of Swing /Vizztone
Billy Flynn /title track /Lonesome Road /Delmark
Jontavious Willis /Drunk Sunday /Blue Metamorphosis /self
Eric Bibb /Refugee Moan /Migration Blues /Stony Plain
Dylan Bishop /Monkey's Uncle /Exciting Sounds of... /Espanada

 Saturday Blue Plate Special   Farewell Lonnie Brooks
Idols and Mentors
Lowell Fulson /Juke Box Shuffle /Rhythm and Blues v1 /Membran
B.B. King /It's My Own Fault /Beale Street Blues Boy /Membran
T-Bone Walker /Cold, Cold Feeling /Complete Imperial Recordings /EMI
Gatemouth Brown /Dirty Work at the Crossroads /Peacock Recordings /Rounder
Clifton Chenier /All Night Long /Zodico, Blues and Boogie /Specialty

Goldband Record Artists in 1956-1957
Bill Parker /All Day All Night /Humdingers v13 /VeeTone
Morris "Big" Chenier /Please Let Me Hold Your Hand /Goldband Records Anthology /Ace
Tal Miller /Life's Journey /Goldband Records Anthology /Ace
Lonesome Sundown /It Ain't Right /Bayou Blues Blasters /Ace

The Man
1957 as Guitar Jr. /Family Rules /The Crawl /Charly
1957 as Guitar Jr. /I Got It Made (When I Married Shirley Mae) /The Crawl /Charly
as Guitar Jr. /Roll, Roll, Roll /The Crawl /Charly
wi. Jimmy Reed /Big Boss Man /Best of VeeJay Records /Collectables
Lonnie Brooks /Figurehead /USA Records Blues Story /Fuel
Lonnie Brooks /One Sunny Day /Chess Blues Guitar /Chess
Lonnie Brooks /Can't Hold Out Much Longer /Live at Pepper's /Black Top
Lonnie Brooks /Reconsider Baby /Sweet Home Chicago /Evidence
Lonnie Brooks /Two Headed Man /Living Chicago Blues /Alligator
Lonnie Brooks /In the Dark /Bayou Lightning /Alligator
Lonnie Brooks /Zydeco /Turn on the Night /Alligator
Lonnie Brooks /Family Rules /Hot Shot /Alligator
Lonnie Brooks /End of the Rope /Wound Up Tight /Alligator
Lonnie Brooks /One More Shot /Live Bayou Lightning Strikes /Alligator
Lonnie Brooks /If the Price is Right /Satisfaction Guaranteed /Alligator
Lonnie Brooks /Roll of the Tumbling Dice /Roadhouse Blues /Alligator
Lonnie Brooks /You're Playing Hooky /Lone Star Shootout /Alligator
Lonnie Brooks /Those Lonely Lonely Nights /Alligator 20th Anniversary Tour /Alligator