[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 9/17/16

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Sep 17 17:49:30 EDT 2016

My show #831.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was theme driven tuneage about folks who can't seem to stay out of other's garden.  I called it "Nosy Neighbor Blues".
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  UWSP
Reserve Street
Stevens Point WI 54481
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

September 17, 2016
This Date in Blues History
1952  Muddy Waters /Standin' Around Cryin' /Chess Masters Chess
1937  Meade Lux Lewis /Closing Time /Boogie Woogie Kings /Delmark
1947  Bull Moose Jackson /Oh John /1947-1950 /Classics
1952  Floyd Jones /You Can't Live Long /Drop Down Mama /Chess
1953  Chuck Willis /I Feel so Bad /Let's Jump Tonight /Epic
1956  Champion Jack Dupree /Lonely Road Blues /Groovin' the Blues /Bear Family
1969  Hot Tuna /Death Don't Have No Mercy /self titled /RCA
1972  Snooky Pryor /Mighty Long Time /and the Country Blues /Sequel
1998  Mojo Buford /title track /Champagne and Reefer /Fedora

Something Old, Something New, Someting Borrowed
All of It Blue! featuring Doug MacLeod
wi. PeeWee Crayton /Come on Baby /Early Hour Blues /Blind Pig
Doug's tune borrowed by Albert Collins /Cash Talkin' (Workingman Blues) /Cold Snap /Alligator
Doug MacLeod /Lost Something This Morning /Come to Find /Audioquest
Doug MacLeod /Doug's Talkin' Politician Blues /'Dubb' /Black and Tan
Doug MacLeod /The Up Song /There's a Time /Reference Recordings
Doug MacLeod /Cold Rain /Live in Europe /Under the Radar

New on the Menu
Nancy Wright /I Got What It Takes /Playdate! /Vizztone
Little Mike /Smokin' /How Long? /ElRob
Duke Robillard /Fool About My Money /Blues Full Circle /Stony Plain
Lurrie Bell /Sinner's Prayer /Can't Shake This Feeling /Delmark
Hard Swimmin' Fish /Five Years Hard Labor /True Believer /self
DogTown Blues Band /Everyday I Have the Blues /Everyday /RVL
Jason Elmore /Cross-Eyed Woman /Champagne Velvet /Dag Nab
Ronnie Earl /(I've Got to Use My) Imagination /Maxwell Street /Stony Plain

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Nosy Neighbor Blues"
Bessie Smith /Ain't Nobody's Business /The Collection /Columbia
Eddie Vinson /Big Mouth Gal /Somebody Stole My Cherry Red /Collectables
Louis Jordan /Ain't Nobody's Business but My Own /1949-1950 /JSP
Big Maybelle /Gabbin' Blues /Complete Okeh Recordings /Okeh
Tommy Brown /Nosey Neighbors /Harmonica Blues Kings /Delmark
Big Mama Thornton /Stop a Hoppin' on Me /Peacock Recordings /MCA
Rice Miller /Don't Start Me to Talkin' /Essential v1 /Chess
Marie Knight /I Thought I Told You Not to Tell Them /Tiny Topsy and Friends /Rock 'n Rhythm
Harmonica Fats /I Get so Tired /West Coast Down Home Harmonica /El Segundo
Freddie King /Can't Trust Your Neighbor /Texas Cannonball /Shelter
Anson Funderburgh /Changing Neighborhoods /Sins /Black Top
Blind MS Morris /It Ain't Yo Business /Legends of the Blues 2000/ Divine10
Reverend Raven /Once the Women Start Talkin' /Big Bee /Land o' Blues
Big Pete Pearson /Back Off /Finger in Your Eye /SWMAF
Big Joe and the Dynaflows /Property Line /You Can't Keep a Big Man Down /Severn
South Memphis String Band /Worry 'bout Your Own Backyard /Home Sweet Home /Memphis International
Rick Estrin and the Nightcats /Keep Your Mouth Shut /You Asked for It...Live /Alligator
Rod Piazza /Neighbor, Neighbor /Emergency Situation /Blind Pig
Johnny Drummer /Ain't No Secrets in a Small Town /Bad Attitude /Earwig
Nathan James /Don't Believe What People Say /Natural Born That Way /Sacred Cat

New on the Menu
Terry Hanck /Ain't That Just Like a Woman /From Roadhouse to Your House Live /Vizztone
Deb Ryder /Rivers Forgiveness /Grit, Grease and Tears /Rejeb
Bobby Rush /Me, Myself and I /Porcupine Meat /Rounder
John Primer /Confessin' the Blues /That Will Never Do /Wolf