[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 9/3/16

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Sep 3 18:08:33 EDT 2016

My show #829.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special featured theme driven tuneage about the human condition and relationships that don't function well.  I called it "Can't Get Along Blues",  this theme being carried over from last week.  Four birthday boys this week, plus "Workin' Hard Blues" for the Labor Day holiday.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  UWSP
Reserve Street
Stevens Point WI 54481
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

September 3, 2016
Muddy Waters /Oh Yeah /Fathers and Sons /Chess

"Workin' Hard Blues" for  Labor Day.
Caldwell Bracy /I'll Overcome Someday /Mississippi Blues v2 /Catfish
Mississippi Matilda /Hard Working Woman /When the Sun Goes Down v2 /Bluebird
Jimmy Lewis /Every Sunday Before Monday /Complete Recordings '47-'55 /Blue Moon
St. Louis Jimmy /Hard Work Boogie /Chronological v2 '44-'55 /Document
B.B. King /Hard Workin' Woman /Beale Street Blues Boy /Membran
Ray Agee /The Monkey on My Back /Bay Area Blues Blasters /El Cerrito
Jimmy Reed /Somebody Help Me /self titled /Paula
Louisiana Red /Labour Blues /American Folk Blues Fest '80 /L&R
Larry Garner /Blues Pay My Way /Baton Rouge /Evidence
Duke Robillard /No Time /Dangerous Place /Point Blank
Roy Gaines /title track /Bluesman for Life /JSP
Daddy Mack /Royal Shade of Blues /Bluestones /Inside Sounds

New on the Menu
Terry Hanck /Cupid Must be Stupid /From Roadhouse to Your House...Live /Vizztone
Fabulous Thunderbirds /Meet Me on the Corner /Strong Like That /Severn
Nancy Wright /Yes He Do /Playdate! /Vizztone
Bobby Rush /title track /Porcupine Meat /Rounder
Lil' Poochie  Hezekiah Early /Late in the Evening /Natchez Burnin' /Broke and Hungry
Little Mike /Whatcha Gonna do? /How Long? /ElRob
Michael Burks /Game Two Can Play /I'm a Bluesman /Iron Mike
John Primer /Take the Bitter with the Sweet /That Will Never Do /Wolf

Birthday Boy Noah Lewis
wi. Cannon's Jug Stompers /Viola Lee Blues /When the Sun Goes Down v2 /Bluebird
Noah Lewis /Devil in the Woodpile /When the Sun Goes Down v1 /Bluebird
wi. Cannon's Jug Stompers /Walk Right In /When the Sun Goes Down v1 /Bluebird
Birthday Boy Billy Bizor
wi. Lightnin' Hopkins /Mama Blues /How Many More Years I Got /Fantasy
Billy Bizor /Take It Easy Baby /Blowing My Blues Away /Collectables
Billy Bizor /When I'm Dead /Blowing My Blues Away /Collectables

Saturday Blue Plate Special   "Can't Get Along Blues part 2
Rev. J.M. Gates /Scat to the Cat and Suie to the Hog /Best of /Columbia
Alfoncy and Bethenea Harris /I Don't Care What You Say /When the Sun Goes Down v2 /Bluebird
Kokomo Arnold /title track /Old Original Kokomo Blues /Wolf
Jimmy Rogers /Ludella /Sunnyland Slim and His Pals vol.D /JSP
Anisteen Allen /Hard to Get Along /Come on Daddy /El Toro
Big Mama Thornton /I'm All Fed Up /1950-1953 /Classics
Johnny Young /Keep on Drinking /Chicago Blues /Arhoolie
Big Walter /Stop Clownin' /Fine Cuts /Blind Pig
Willie King /Let's Come Together /Walkin' the Walk, Talkin' the Talk /self
Darrell Nulisch /Love and War /Business as Usual /black Top
Omar and the Howlers /Conversation Mambo /Big Delta /Blind Pig
Tab Benoit /Darkness /Night Train to Nashville /Telarc
Mud Morganfield /Go Ahead and Blame Me /Son of the Seventh Son /Severn
Doug MacLeod /Black Nights /There's a Time /Reference Recordings
Rev. K.M. Williams /Tell Me Woman /When I Rise /Dialtone
Lionel Young /You Were Wrong /On Our Way to Memphis /Dexofon
Candye Kane /We're Long Ago and Far Away /Guitar'd and Feathered /Delta Groove

Birthday Boy Freddie King
Freddie King /Hide Away /Takin' Care of Business v1 /Bear Family
Freddie King /She Put the Whammy on Me /Takin' Care of Business v2 /Bear Family
Freddie King /Ain't Nobody's Business /Takin' Care of Business v2 /Bear Family
Birthday Boy Memphis Slim
Memphis Slim /title track /The Come Back /Delmark
Memphis Slim /Grinder Man Blues /Bluebird Recordings '40-'41 /Bluebird
Memphis Slim /Help Me Some /Complete Recordings v2 /EPM