[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 11/26/16

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Nov 26 18:05:20 EST 2016

My show #837.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was  part 2 of "Goin' Home Blues" as many folks prepare to get together for the holidays.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  UWSP
Reserve Street
Stevens Point WI 54481
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

November 26, 2016
This Date in Blues History
1976  Muddy Waters wi. The Band /Caldonia /The Last Waltz /Warner Brothers
1976  Muddy Waters wi. The Band /Mannish Boy /The Last Waltz /Warner Brothers
1927  birthday Hosea Leavy /title track /Cold Tacos and Warm Beer /Fedora
1929  Blind Willie McTell /Drive Away Blues /Best of /Yazoo
1929  Clifford Gibson /Ice and Snow Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the 20's v10/Blues Images
1930  Blind Willie Reynolds /Married Woman Blues /When the Sun Goes Down v2 /Bluebird
1934  Papa Charlie Jackson /You Put It In I'll Take It Out /Please Warm My Wiener /Yazoo
1934  Bumble Bee Slim /You Can't Take It Baby /Essential v2 /Classics
1936  Robert Johnson /32-20 Blues /King of the Delta Blues Singers v2 /Columbia
1943  Rosetta Tharpe /God Don't Like It /Gospel of the Blues /MCA
1947  Jimmy Liggins /Nite Life Boogie /Boogie Woogie Goodies v4 /Membran
1948  birthday Clara McDaniel /Wee Wee Hours /Unwanted Child /HMG
1952  Edward Gates White /Rock-a-Bye Baby /Long Man Blues /Delmark
1952  Memphis Slim /title track /The Come Back /Delmark
1957  Big Maybelle /Ramblin' Blues /Candy /Savoy Jazz
1965  birthday Bernard Allison /Idols in Mind /Hang On /Inak
1974  Otis Rush /I Can't Quit You Baby /Screamin' and Cryin' /Evidence
1974 Jimmy Dawkins /Life is a Mistreater /Tribute to Orange /Evidence

New on the Menu
Fiona Boyes /Can't Stay Here No More /Professin' the Blues /Reference Recordings
Rev. Billy C. Wirtz /I'm a Senior /Full Circle /EllerSoul
Mississippi Heat /Life is Too Short /Cab Driving Man /Delmark
Duke Robillard /You Used to be Sugar /Blues Full Circle /Stony Plain
Sugar Ray and the Bluetones /Noontime Bell /Seeing is Believing /Severn
John Primer /Sittin' Here Waitin' /That Will Never Do /Wolf
Kat Kings /Poppin' at Party Time /Swingin' in the Swamp /Kool Kat
Mitch Kashmar /My Little Stumptown Shack /West Coast Toast /Delta Groove
Trudy Lynn /World of Trouble /I'll Sing the Blues for You /Connor Ray
Lurrie Bell /Do You Hear /Can't Shake This Feeling /Delmark

Saturday Blue Plate Special   "Goin' Home Blues"  part 2
Blind Willie Davis /I Believe I'll Go Back Home /Classic Blues Songs from the 20's v10 /Blues Images
Georgia Cotton Pickers /I'm on My Way Down Home /Hicks Brothers /Catfish
Leroy Carr /I Believe I'll Make a Change /Best of v2 /Columbia
John Lee Sonny Boy Williamson /Jackson Blues /Bluebird Recordings '37-'38 /RCA
Muddy Waters /I Be's Troubled /Complete Plantation Recordings /Chess
Dave Bartholomew /Girt Town Blues /Jump 'n' Shout /Delmark
Harmonica Slim /Goin' Back Home /Jericho Alley v3 /Flash
Junior Wells /title track /Blues Hit Big Town /Delmark
Elmore James /I Can't Hold Out /Very Best of /Rhino
Otis Spann /My Home is in the Delta /Down to Earth - Bluesway Recordings /MCA
Jimmy Reed /I'll be Home Someday /Jimmy Reed /Paula
Big Walter /I'm Going Back Home /Old Friends /Earwig
Rudi Richard /Big Mamou /Louisiana Swamp Blues v2 /Wolf
Johnny Dyer /Stranded in St. Louis /Listen Up /Black Top
Kid Ramos /I was a Fool /Two Hands, One Heart /Black Top
Alabama Red /Goin' Home for Christmas /Santa's Got Mojo /Electro-Fi
Mighty Mojo Prophets /California /Flyin' Home from Memphis /Delta Groove

New on the Menu
Harpdog Brown /Bring It on Home /Travelin' with the Blues /Dog House
Knickerbocker All-Stars /Going to the Country /Texas Rhody Blues /J.P. Cadillac
Jeff Chaz /Fried Chicken Store /The Silence is Killing Me /JCP
Donald Ray Johnson /Big Rear Window /Bluesin' Around /self
Rory Block /Gonna be Some Walkin' Done /Keepin' Outta Trouble /Stony Plain
The Jimmys /You Said You Will /Live from Transylvania /Brown Cow
Tony Vega Band /Drinking Beer /Black Magic Box /Silver Belly
Bobby Bland /Teach Me (How to Love You) /Singles Collection v1 /Acrobat
Skip James /Yola My Blues Away /Classic Blues Songs from the 20's v14 /Blues Images
John Blues Boyd /That Certain Day /The Real Deal /Little Village Foundation