[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 11/19/16

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Nov 19 17:48:52 EST 2016

My show #836.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was  "Goin' Home Blues" as many folks prepare to get together for the holidays.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  UWSP
Reserve Street
Stevens Point WI 54481
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

November 19, 2016
Muddy Waters /Hard Day Blues /1st Recording Sessions 1941-'46 /Document
Muddy Waters /Buryin' Ground Blues /1st Recording Sessions 1941-'46 /Document
This Date in Blues History
1931  Big Bill Broonzy /How You Want It Done? /Bed Spring Poker v1 /Indigo
1947  Amos Milburn /Chicken Shack Boogie /Boogie Woogie Goodies v4 /Membran
1947 Crown Prince Waterford /Strange Woman Blues /Boogie Woogie Goodies v 2/Membran
1949  Floyd Dixon /Roamin' Around /Cow Town Blues /Ace
1952  Papa Lightfoot /Jumpin' with Jarvis /Blues Harmonica Wizards /Official
1955  B.B. King /Bad Luck /Singin' the Blues /Flair
1956  Jimmy Witherspoon /Trouble in Mind /Atlantic Blues: Vocalists /Atlantic
1960  St. Louis Jimmy /Dog House Blues /Goin' Down Slow /Prestige
1978  Magic Slim /Help Me /Highway is My Home /Evidence
1993  R.J. Mischo /Bye Bye Bird /Gonna Rock Tonight /Blue Loon
2007  Pinetop Perkins wi. Bob Corritore /Big Fat Mama /Harmonica Blues /Delta Groove
2015  Dave Muskett Acoustic Blues Band /Semi-Naked Shoe Shine /Live at the Slippery Noodle /self

New on the Menu
Bobby Bland /Love You til the Day I Die /The Singles Collection v1 /Acrobat
Tony Vega Band /Frisco /Black Magic Box /Silver Belly
Monkeyjunk /Undertaker Blues /Time to Roll /Stony Plain
Rev. Billy C. Wirtz /Too Old /Full Circle /EllerSoul
Fiona Boyes /Baby Please Don't Go /Professin' the Blues /Reference Recordings
Donald Ray Johnson /Ninety Proof /Bluesin' Around /self
Kat Kings /Ridin' in Style /Swingin' in the Swamp /Kool Kat
Knickerbocker All-Stars /You Got Me Licked /Texas Rhody Blues /J.P. Cadillac
Harpdog Brown /For Better or Worse /Travelin' with the Blues /Dog House
Smokewagon Blues Band /Put the Guilt Out to Dry /Cigar Store /self
Duke Robillard /Rain Keeps Fallin' /Blues Full Circle /Stony Plain
Sugar Ray and the Bluetones /Blind Date /Seeing is Believing /Severn
Rory Block /title track /Keepin' Outta Trouble /Stony Plain
Mississippi Heat /Luck of the Draw /Cab Drivin' Man /Delmark
John Primer /40 Days and 40 Nights /That Will Never Do /Wolf

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Goin' Home Blues"
Bessie Smith /Muddy Water /The Collection /Columbia
Henry Thomas /Texas Easy Street Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the 20's v12 /Blues Images
Charley Patton /I'm Going Home /Classic Blues Songs from the 20's v14 /Blues Image
Memphis Minnie /I'm Goin' Back Home /Stuff That Dreams are Made Of /Yazoo
Big Joe Turner /Going Home /Complete Alladin Recordings /EMI
Muddy Waters /Train Fare Home /More Real Folk Blues /Chess
Willie Love /74 Blues /Delta Blues 1951 /alligator
Big Maybelle /Way Back Home /Complete Okeh Recordings /Okeh
Johnny Guitar Watson /I'm Gonna Hit That Highway /3 Hours Past Midnight /Flair
Otis Spann /I Came from Clarksdale /The Blues of...Plus /C 4 Miles
R.L. Burnside /title track /Goin' Down South /Swingmaster
William Clarke /Somebody is Calling Me Home /Groove Time /Alligator
James Harman /Let It Ride /Takin' Chances /Cannonball
Ronnie Earl /One More Mile /and Friends /Telarc
Darrell Nulisch /title track /Goin' Back to Texas /Severn
Sugaray Rayford /Goin' Back to Texas /Dangerous /Delta Groove
Andy T  Nick Nixon /Back Down South /Livin' It Up /Delta Groove

New on the Menu
John Blues Boyd /Screaming in the Night /The Real Deal /Little Village foundation
The Jimmys /Lose That Woman /Live from Transylvania /Brown Cow
King Brothers /Hoochie Coochie Man /Get Up and Shake It /Club Savoy
Trudy Lynn /If It's News to You /I'll Sing the Blues for You /Connor Ray
Doug MacLeod /Long Time Road /Live in Europe /Under the Radar
Ronnie Earl /Kismet /Maxwell Street /Stony Plain
Mitch Kashmar /Alcohol Blues /West Coast Toast /Delta Groove
Lurrie Bell /Hold Me Tight /Can't Shake This Feeling /Delmark