[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 11/12/16

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Nov 12 17:47:16 EST 2016

My show #835.   The Saturday Blue Plates Special was a birthday bash for Booker White.  Uncharacteristically for this late in the year, lots of new tuneage to share this afternoon.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  UWSP
Reserve Street
Stevens Point WI 54481
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

November 12, 2016
Muddy Waters /Down the Road I Go /Checkerboard Lounge Live Chicago 1981
This Date in Blues History
1930  Georgia Pot Lickers /up Jumped the Rabbit /Stuff That Dreams are Made Of /Yazoo
1936  Johnnie Temple /Louise, Louise Blues /Blues from Mississippi to Chicago /Fremeaux
1947  Memphis Slim /Messin' Around /Complete Recordings '48-'50 /EPM
1947  T-Bone Walker /Lonesome Woman Blues /Capitol-Black&White Recordings /Capitol
1954  Stick McGhee /Help Me Baby /Vol. 2 1951-1960 /Document
1960  Bobby Bland /Don't Cry No More /Two Steps from the Blues /MCA
1966  MS Fred McDowell /Poor Boy, Long Ways from Home /Long Way from Home /Milestone
1967  Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac /Looking for Somebody /Live at the BBC /Fleetwood
1990  Barkin' Bill Smith /title track /Bluebird Blues /Delmark
1992  R.L. Burnside /Goin' Down South /Corritore All-Star Sessions /HMG
2006  Arthur Duncan /Can't Stand It No More /Chicago Blues Harmonica Project v2 /Severn
2008  Eric Bibb /With the Maker I am One /Booker's Guitar /Telarc

New on the Menu
The Jimmys /I Wonder /Live from Transylvania /Brown Cow
Ken Valdez /Make It /Soul Renegade /self
Big Head Blues Club /I Want to be Loved /Way Down Inside /Big Records
Ronnie Earl /Elegy for a Bluesman /Maxwell Street /Stony Plain
Hard Swimmin' Fish /Don't Let the Devil Ride /True Believer /self
Miranda Louise /As Long as I Have Breath /Delta III /self
Lil' Ed and the Blues Imperials /Shy Voice /Big Sound of... /Alligator
John Primer /You Gonna Wreck My Life /That Will Never Do /Wolf
John Blues Boyd /Marvin Gardens The Real Deal /Little Village Foundation
Cee Cee James /Love Done Left Home /Stripped Down and Surrendered /FMG
Mitch Kashmar /Don't Stay Out All night /West Coast Toast /Delta Groove
Sugar Ray and the Bluetones /Misses Blues /Seeing is Believing /Severn

Saturday Blue Plates Special   Birthday Bash for Booker White
Booker as Washington White /The Panama Limited /When the Sun Goes Down v1 /Bluebird
Doug Mac Leod /The New Panama Limited /Live in Europe /Under the Radar
Booker White /Shake 'em on Down /Complete /Columbia
R.L. Burnside /Shake 'em on Down /Burnside on Burnside /Fat Possum
Booker White /Bukka's Jitterbug Swing /Complete /Columbia
All Night Long Blues Band /Jitterbug Swing /Rollin' and Tumblin' /self
Booker White /Po Boy /Screamin' and Hollerin' the Blues v6 /Revenant
Bill Abel /Po Boy /Celestial Train /self
Booker White /Aberdeen Mississippi Blues /Complete /Columbia
Rev. Peyton's Big Damn Band /Aberdeen /Big Damn Nation /Family Owned
Booker White /Fixin' to Die Blues /Complete /Columbia
Bob Dylan /Fixin' to Die /self titled /Columbia
Rory Block /Parchman Farm Blues /Keepin' Outta Trouble /Stony Plain

New on the Menu
Teresa James /Too Big to Fail /Bonafide /Jesi-Lu
Mississippi Heat /Icy Blue /Cab Driving Man /Delmark
King Brothers /Big Legged Woman /Get Up and Shake It /Club Savoy
Knickerbocker All-Stars /Respirator Blues /Texas Rhody Blues /J.P. Cadillac
Melissa Etheridge /I've Got Dreams to Remember /Memphis Rock and Soul /stax
Harpdog Brown /Cloud Full of Rain /Travelin' with the Blues /Dog House
Donald Ray Johnson /She's Dressing Trashy /Bluesin' Around /self
Duke Robillard /Blues for Eddie Jones /Blues Full Circle /Stony Plain
Fiona Boyes /Old and Stiff /Professin' the Blues /Reference Recordings
Matthew Skoller /The Devil Ain't Got No Music /Blues Immigrant /Tongue and Groove
Smokewagon Blues Band /I Tried /Cigar Store /self
Lurrie Bell /Hidden Charms /Can't Shake This Feeling /Delmark
Blind Joe Reynolds /Outside Woman Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the 1920's /Blues Images
Kat Kings /When I Say Jump /Swingin' in the Swamp /self
Billy Seward /Strange How I Miss You /South Shore /WFS
Trudy Lynn /Honky Tonk Song /I'll Sing the Blues for you /Connor Ray