[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 11/5/16

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 19:02:42 EDT 2016

My show #834.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was tuneage with titles reflecting the 2 main candidates for U.S. President, with suggestive campaign promises and various possible slogans.       Also a birthday bash for Ike Turner.

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  UWSP
Reserve Street
Stevens Point WI 54481
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

November 5, 2016
11/5/66  Muddy Waters /40 Days and 40 Nights /Authorized Bootleg - Fillmore /Geffen

Birthday Bash for Ike Turner
Mentors, Inspirations and Early Influences
Robert Nighthawk /Sweet Black Angel /Drop Down Mama /Chess
Robert Nighthawk /Anna Lee /Drop Down Mama /Chess
Pinetop Perkins wi. Robert Nighthawk /Jackson Town Girl /
Robert Nighthawk /Sweet Black Angel /Drop Down Mama /Chess
Jr. Parker /You're My Angel /Original Memphis Blues Brothers /Ace
The Man
Jackie Brenston  and His Delta Cats /Rocket 88 /Sun Blues box v3 /Bear Family
Ike Turner and the Kings of Rhythm /Heartbroken and Worried /Sun Blues box v3 /Bear Family
wi. Howlin' Wolf /How Many More Years /Moanin' in the Moonlight /Chess
wi. Boyd Gilmore /Ramblin' on My Mind /Traveling Record Man /Ace
wi. Buddy Guy /This is the End /Southern Blues '57-'63 /Paula
Ike Turner /You Keep on Worrying Me /1958-1959 /Paula
Ike Turner (as Icky Renrut) /Hey Hey /Best of /Rhino
Ike and Tina Turner /A Fool in Love /Sexy, Seductive, Provocative /Paula
Ike and Tina Turner /Bold Soul Sister /The Hunter /Blue Thumb
Ike and Tina Turner /I've Been Loving You Too Long /Outta Season /Blue Thumb
Ike Turner /Prancing /Blues King Pins /Capitol

New on the Menu
Joe Williams /Mr. Devil Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the '20's /Blues Images
Millage Gilbert wi. Stormcellar /As the Years Go Passing By /Kansas City gold /stormcellar
Mississippi Heat  /That Late Night Stuff /Cab Driving Man /Delmark
Bobby Rush /Nighttime Gardener /Porcupine Meat /Rounder
Doug MacLeod /Ain't the Blues Evil /Live in Europe /Under the  Radar
Matthew Skoller /The Devil Ain't Got No Music /Blues Immigrant /Tongue and Groove
Robert Finley /Just Want to Tell You /Age Don't Mean a Thing /Big Legal Mess
Duke Robillard /Shufflin' and Scufflin' /Blues Full Circle /Stony Plain
Fiona Boyes /If I Should Die /Professin' the Blues /Reference Recordings
Harpdog Brown /Better Days /Travelin' with the Blues /Dog House
Fred Sanders /Wake up /I Believe /I55
Lurrie Bell /Sit Down Baby /Can't Shake This Feeling /Delmark

Saturday Blue Plate Special  "Politicking Blues"
Alfoncy and Bethenea Harris /Give Me Time to Explain /When the Sun Goes Down v2 /BMG
Jimmy McCracklin /I Think My Time is Here /Modern Recordings '48-'50 /Ace
Mark Hummel /Give Me Time to Explain /The Hustle is Really On /Electro-Fi
Carey Bell /I'm a Business Man /Good Luck Man /Alligator
Kenny Blues Boss Wayne /Bankrupt Blues /Jumpin' and Boppin' /Stony Plain
Guitar Shorty /I'm the Clean-Up Man /Get Wise to Yourself /Black Top
Elmore James Jr. /I Been Around the World /Baby Please Set a Date /Wolf
Otis and the Alligators /Paying the Cost to be the Boss /Tail Shakin' Blues /False Dog
Dog Sahm /Tell Me the Truth /The Last Real Texas Blues Band /Antones
Otis Rush /Tell Me the Truth .Troubles, Troubles /Verve
Willie Kent /I Know Where I Been /Make Room for the Blues /Delmark
San Pedro Slim /I Ain't Cheated Nobody /One Room, Utilities Paid, No Pets /Barroom Blues
L.V. Banks /I Made a Mistake /Ruby /Wolf
Fathead /I Don't Want to Leave the Party /Fatter than Ever /Elctro-Fi
Candye Kane /title track /I'm the Toughest Girl Alive /Bullseye
Cordelia deMilo /title track /I Ain't Gonna Hush /Fantastic Voyage