[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 1/30/16

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Jan 30 18:04:08 EST 2016

My show # 803.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special was the final part of a listen to albums released in 2015 as a subjective "best of" countdown. Also a trio of birthday girls, Ruth Brown, Karen Carroll, and Janiva Magness.  Papajoe (David Carrigan)host of the Blues Cafe' on WWSP Saturdays 3 - 7pm101CAC  UWSPReserve StreetStevens Point WI 54481papajoe61@hotmail.com January 30, 2016This Date in Blues History1974 Muddy Waters /Rollin' and Tumblin' /Unk in Funk /Chess1928 Cannon's Jug Stompers /Minglewood Blues /Blues Classics /Sony1931 Kansas Joe /My Wash Woman's Gone /He Got Out His Big 10 Inch /Indigo1946 Big Joe Turner /It's a Lowdown Dirty Shame /County Jail Blues v1 /EMI1952 Lester Williams /Can't Lose with the Stuff I Use /Legends of Jump Blues v1 /Specialty1952 Amos Milburn /Flying Home /Blues, Barrelhouse, and Boogie Woogie /Capitol1953 Little Willie Littlefield /Goofy Dust Blues /Drink Up, Light Up! /Fantastic Voyage1960 Rice Miller /The Goat /Essential v1 /ChessBirthday Girl  Ruth BrownRuth Brown /Rain is a Bringdown /Atlantic Blues : Vocalists /AtlanticRuth Brown /Teardrops from My Eyes /Miss Rhythm v1 /AtlanticRuth Brown /I Can't Hear a Word You Say /Miss Rhythm v2 /AtlanticRuth Brown /Drown in My Own Tears /Fine and Mellow /FantasyRuth Brown /Can't Stand a Broke Man /A Good Day for the Blues /BullseyeRuth Brown /Things About Coming My Way /"Honeydripper" soundtrack /RhinoBirthday Girl  Janiva Magness  wi. Kid Ramos /It's Been a Long Time /Two Hands One Heart /Black TopJaniva Magness /Seven Long Days /My Bad Luck Soul /Blues LeafJaniva Magness /Stormy Blues /Use What You Got /Blues LeafJaniva Magness /Weeds Like Us /The Devil is an Angel Too /AlligatorBirthday Girl  Karen CarrollKaren Carroll /I Got to Have Somebody /Chicago's Finest Blues Ladies /WolfKaren Carroll /Confessin' the Blues /Wild About that Thing! /DelmarkKaren Carroll /Little Bluebird /Had My Fun /DelmarkKaren Carroll /Blue Chicago Blues /Red Hot Mamas /Blue Chicago Saturday Blue Plate Special  Blue Review Finale Album Countdown#6  Otis Taylor /Hey Joe Opus - Red Meat /Trance Blues FestivalHey JoeSunday Morning The Heart is a MusclePeggy Lee#5  Henry Gray  Bob Corritore /The Blues Won't Let Me Take My Rest /Delta GrooveLet's Get HighThe Blues Won't Let Me Take My RestI'm in Love AgainThey Raided the Joint#4  Cash Box Kings /Holding Court /Blind PigI Ain't Gonna be Your Monkey Man No MoreGotta Move Out to the SuburbsEverybody's FishingSugar PeaQuarter to Blue#3  Bad Apple Big Boy /Rollin' and Tumblin' /selfPoor Black MattieBetcha Goin' Fishin'Engineer Blows the WhistleJumper on the LineAll Night Long#2  Darrell Nulisch /One Night in Boston /selfLove at First SightYou're Humbuggin' MeAfter AllPouring Water on a Drowning ManNo Use Crying#1  James Harman /Bonetime /Electro-FiBonetimeThe World's Badluckest ManAin't It CrazyColdfront WomanBig Boned GalBad Feets/Bad HairJust a Game Goin' OnBlue Stretchmark TattooYo' Family (Don't Like Me)Leavin' FireSkirtThe Clock is Tickin'