[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20160110

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Mon Jan 11 23:24:43 EST 2016

Here's this week's playlist for Cha Cha Cha In Blue, Montreal's longest running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20160110 show from the archives at www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
INTRO
ID - Harry Manx

THE YEAR IS OFF TO A ROUGH START. CONDOLENCES TO FAMILY & FRIENDS
R.I.P. LONG JOHN HUNTER (Jul 13, 1931 - Jan 4, 2016)
Long John Hunter/Border Town Legend/Ole Red/Alligator
Long John Hunter/Lone Star Shootout/Alligators Around My Door/Alligator
Long John Hunter/Swinging From The Rafters/I'm Broke/Alligator

R.I.P. OTIS CLAY (Feb 11, 1942 - Jan 8, 2016)
Otis Clay/Testify!/I Testify/Fuel 2000
Otis Clay/Paint It Blue: Songs Of The Rolling Stones/Wild Horses/House Of Blues
Otis Clay feat. Lil' P-Nut/Soundtrack: Take Me To The River/Trying To Live My Life Without You/Stax

I'VE BEEN A FAN SINCE THE TIME OF DAWN (i.e. 1997)
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/dawn-tyler-watson-new-cd-jawbreaker#/
Dawn Tyler Watson/Preservation Blues Review/Sylvie/Preservation Records
Ad Track 15 Smoke Meat Pete
ID - Coco Robicheaux
Dawn Tyler Blues Project/Ten Dollar Dress/Purple Haze/Preservation Records

FEATURED NEW RELEASES
Tim Williams/So Low/Anywhere c/o The Blues/Lowden Proud Records
John McKinley/Window On The World/Keep The Door Cracked Open/Indie
Berdon Kirksaether & The Twang Bar Kings/The Voodoo Sessions: Live At Down Under/Mad House/Roller Records
Pinetop Perkins & Jimmy Rogers/Genuine Blues Legends/Pine & Jimmy's Jump/Indie

COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & NOTABLE EVENTS:
Cripple Clarence Lofton/Picking The Blues: Boogie Woogie Pioneers/In The Mornin'/Document Records
Johnny Moore's Three Blazers/Cocktail Combos/Blazers Boogie/Capitol
Buddy Johnson & His Orchestra/Blues Masters Vol. 13: New York City Blues/Walk 'Em/Rhino
Jo-Ann Kelly/Blues Anytime Vol. 1/I Feel So Good/Charly
Gus Jenkins/Chess Blues Box Set/Eight Ball/Chess
Howlin' Wolf/Blue Midnight/Moanin' At Midnight/Zillion records
Muddy Waters/Blue Midnight/I'm Your Hoochie Coochie Man/Zillion records
Silas Hogan/Excello Records Vol. 1: Sound Of The Swamp/Everybody Needs Somebody/Rhino
Ad Track 33 Orchestra Kriminel
ID - Mississippi Heat
Kim Wilson/Tigerman/Don't Touch Me/Antone's Records
Stephen Barry/Original/Rollin' & Tumblin'/Disques Bros
Michelle "Evil Gal" Willson/Wake Up Call/They Don't Want Me To Rock No More/Bullseye Blues

APPEARING LIVE FRI JAN 15 @ CALISTOGA BAR & GRILL Plaza Pointe-Claire, (Donegani & Maywood) http://www.calistogagrill.ca/
Paul Deslauriers Band/PDB/All I Want (with Steve Strongman)/Distribution Select
CKUT's 2015 Funding Drive took place from Thursday October 22 – Sunday November 1st. https://ckut.ca/en/fundingdrive It's never too late to pledge! Please go to https://ckut.ca/donate and make sure to click Cha Cha Cha In Blue as the show through which you are donating. SUPPORT BLUES RADIO AND TRUE DIVERSITY IN PROGRAMMING!
Want me to include your blues/roots gig in my show? Send me the info at ckutblue@colba.net or invite me at www.facebook.com/chachachainblue.ckut

John Detcheverry
ckutblue@colba.net
www.facebook.com/chachachainblue.ckut