[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 12/24/16

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Dec 24 18:18:43 EST 2016

My show #841.   The Saturday Blue Plate Special was a listen to the "Sermon from Bethlehem" by the talented Rev. Billy C. Wirtz.  Also the Evolution of a Blues Classic, "Roll and Tumble Blues".

Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  UWSP
Reserve Street
Stevens Point WI 54481

papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

December 24, 2016
Chess record # 1426
 Muddy Waters /Rollin' Stone /Chess Blues box v1
Muddy Waters /Walkin' Blues /Real Folk Blues /Chess

Evolution of a Blues Classic -  "Roll and Tumble Blues".
1928  Cannon's Jug Stompers /Minglewood Blues /Classics v1 /Sony
1929  Sleepy John Estes /The Girl I Love, She Got Long Curly Hair
 /When the Sun Goes Down v1 /
1929  Hambone Willie Newbern /Roll and Tumble Blues /Roots of Robert  Johnson /Yazoo
1948  Sunnyland Slim /Roll, Rumble, and Slip /and His Pals vol. A /JSP
Jan. 1950  Baby Face Leroy Trio /Rollin' and Tumblin' pt. 1 /Blues World of Little Walter /Delmark
Jan. 1950  Baby Face Leroy Trio /Rollin' and Tumblin' pt. 2 /Blues World of Little Walter /Delmark
Feb. 1950  Muddy Waters /Rollin' and Tumblin' pt. 1 /Rollin' Stone v1 /Chess
Feb. 1950  Muddy Waters /Rollin' and Tumblin' pt. 2 /Rollin' Stone v1 /Chess
1967  Johnny Winter /Rollin' and Tumblin' /Progressive Blues Experiment /Capitol

Christmas Eve Blues
Bessie Smith /At the Christmas Ball /Death Might be Your Santa Claus /Columbia
Rev. J.M. Gates /Will the Coffin be Your Santa Claus /Death Might be Your Santa Claus /Columbia
Elzadie Robinson /The Santa Claus Crave /Classic Blues Songs from the '20's v5 /Blues Images
Blind Lemon Jefferson /Christmas Eve Blues /Classic Blues Songs from the '20's v2 /Blues Images
Butterbeans and Susie /Papa Ain't No Santa Claus /Death Might be Your Santa Claus /Columbia
Jimmy Liggins /I Want My Baby for Christmas /Blue Christmas /Blue Moon
Bo Carter /Santa Claus /Death Might be Your Santa Claus /Columbia
Leo Watson /Jingle Bells /Hipster's Holiday /Rhino
Julia Lee /Christmas Spirit /Hipster's Holiday /Rhino
Goree Carter /Complete Recordings '49-'51 /Blue Moon
Thelma Cooper /I Need a Man for Christmas /Come on Daddy /El Toro
Floyd Dixon /Empty Stocking Blues /Cocktail Combos v3 /Capitol
Louis Jordan /May Every Day be Christmas /Blue Christmas Blue Moon
Eartha Kitt /Santa Baby /Hipster's Holiday /Rhino
The Marquees /Santa Got Hip /Hipster's Holiday /Rhino
Rice Miller /Santa Claus /Essential /Chess
Lightnin' Hopkins /Santa /Death Might be Your Santa Claus /Columbia
Hop Wilson /Merry Christmas Darling /Houston Ghetto Blues /Bullseye
Robert Nighthawk /Merry Christmas Baby /Masters of Modern Blues /Testament
Eddie C. Campbell /Santa's Messing with the Kid /King of the Jungle /Rooster

The Saturday Blue Plate Special
played in its entirety /Rev. Billy C. Wirtz /Sermon from Bethlehem /Blind Pig

more Christmas Eve Blues
Luther Guitar Jr. Johnson /Merry Christmas Baby /I Want to Groove with You /Bullseye
Legendary Blues Band /One Day til Christmas /Prime Time Blues /Ichiban
Anson Funderburgh and the Rockets /Sam's Christmas Blues /Blues, Mistletoe and Santa's Little Helper /Black Top
Big Joe and the Dynaflows /Joe's Christmas Salutations /Blues, Mistletoe and Santa's Little Helper /Black Top
Jesse Thomas /Santa Claus /Blues is a Feeling /Delmark
Roomful of Blues /I Wanna Spend Christmas with You /Roomful of Christmas /Bullseye
Carey Bell /Christmas Train /Genuine Houserockin' Christmas /Alligator
Fathead /Tonite Feels Like Christmas /Santa's Got Mojo /Electro-Fi
Frank Robinson /Santa Claus /Deep East Texas Blues /Black Magic
Big Dave McLean /Santa Come Down /Stony Plain's Christmas Blues Stony Plain
Campbell Brothers /The First Noel /Sacred Steel for the Holidays /Arhoolie
Chicago Bob Nelson /Christmas Tears /Flyin' Too High /95N
Michael Burks   Corey Harris /Let It Snow /Blue X-Mas Instrumentals /Alligator
Emilie-Clair Barlow /Santa Baby /A Jazz and Blues Christmas /Putumayo
Michael Burks /Christmas Snow /Genuine Houserockin' Christmas /Alligator
Shemekia Copeland /Stay a Little Longer, Santa /Genuine Houserocking Christmas /Alligator
Gary U.S. Bonds /Tis the Season to be Lovin' You /Christmas in On /GLA
Roger Hurricane Wilson /Silver Bells /Simply and Acoustically - Merry Christmas /Blue Storm
Calvin Owens /The Christmas Song /The House is Burnin' /Sawdust Alley
Barbara Carr /I Need a Man Down My Chimney /It's Christmas, Baby! /Ecko
Frank Bey  Anthony Paule /Every Day will be Like a Holiday /single /Blue Dot
Big Maybelle /Silent Night /Candy /Savoy