[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Blues Cafe' 8/20/16

David Carrigan papajoe61@hotmail.com
Sat Aug 20 18:07:00 EDT 2016

My show #827.  Tuneage for birthday boys J.J. Malone and Floyd Lee.  The Saturday Blue Plate Special featured tuneage for World Honey Bee Day.
Papajoe (David Carrigan)
101CAC  UWSP
Reserve Street
Stevens Point WI 54481
papajoe61@hotmail.com<mailto:papajoe61@hotmail.com>

July 20, 2016
Chess record # 1468
Muddy Waters /Honeybee /More Real Folk Blues /Chess
Muddy Waters /Hello Little Girl /More Real Folk Blues /Chess
This Date in Blues History
1936  Victoria Spivey /I Can't Last Long /Essential v1 /Classics
1936  Addie Sweet Pease Spivey /Kansas City Hill /Sweet Pease and the Za Zu Girl /RST
1951  Little Willie Littlefield /Lump in My Throat /Kat on the Keys /Ace
1951 T-Bone Walker /Tell Me What's the Reason /Complete Imperial Recordings /EMI
1972  Albert King /Matchbox Blues /Roadhouse Blues /Stax
1996  Roomful of Blues /Standing Here at the Crossroads /Under One Roof /Bullseye
2005  Louisiana Red /Time Will Tell /House Rockin' and Blues Shoutin' /Blue Witch
2007  Sharon Lewis wi. Dave Specter /In Too Deep /Live in Chicago /Delmark

Birthday Boy J.J. Malone 8/20/35 - 2/22/04
wi. Sonny Rhodes /title track /All Night Long They Play the Blues /Specialty
wi. Sonny Rhodes /Country Boy /All Night Long They Play the Blues /Specialty
J.J. Malone /Danger Zone /All Night Long They Play the Blues /Specialty
wi. Sonny Rhodes /Just Got In /I Don't Want My Blues Colored Bright /Black Magic
wi. Fillmore Slim /title track /Other Side of the Road /Fedora
J.J. Malone /title track /See Me Early in the Morning /Fedora
J.J. Malone /Peace Breakin' People /See Me Early in the Morning /Fedora

New on the Menu
Lil' Poochie and Hezekiah Early /Somebody Changed the Lock /Natchez Burnin' /Broke and Hungry
Lew Jetton /Who's Texting You /Rain /Coffee Street
Terry Hanck Band /Slip Away /From the Roadhouse to Your House...Live /Vizztone
Kenny Blues Boss Wayne /Back to Square One /Jumpin' and Boppin' /Stony Plain
Michael Burks /Home of the Blues /I'm a Bluesman /Iron Man

Birthday Boy  Floyd Lee  88 today!
Floyd Lee /Devil at Your Doorstep /Mean Blues /Amogla
Floyd Lee /See Saw Sally /Mean Blues /Amogla
Floyd Lee /Ridin' on Empty /Ain't Doin' Nothin' Wrong /Amogla
Floyd Lee /Tie a String /Ain't Doin' Nothin' Wrong /Amogla
Floyd Lee /Bad Little Girls /Ain't Doin' Nothin' Wrong /Amogla
Floyd Lee /title track /Full Moon Lightnin' /Amogla
Floyd Lee /Little Red Rooster /Full Moon Lightnin' /Amogla
Floyd Lee /Mean Blues /Full Moon Lightnin' /Amogla
Floyd Lee /Empty Well /Doctors, Devils and Drugs /Amogla
Floyd Lee /Nella /Doctors, Devils and Drugs /Amogla

 Saturday Blue Plate Special  Tuneage for World Honey Bee Day.
Memphis Minnie /Bumble Bee Blues /Blues Masters v12 /Rhino
Memphis Jug Band /Bumble Bee Blues /Four Women Blues /RCA
Charley Jordan /Honey Sucker Blues /Essential v1 /Classics
John Lee Sonny Boy Williamson /Honey Bee Blues /Bluebird Recordings 1938 /RCA
Eddie Vinson /Queen Bee Blues /Somebody Done Stole My Cherry Red /Collectables
John Lee Hooker /Queen Bee /Modern Recordings '48-'54 /Flair
Slim Harpo /I'm a King Bee /Best of /Excello
Slim Harpo /My Little Queen Bee /Killer Swamp Guitar /Excello
John Lee Hooker /Bumble Bee /Never Get Out of These Blues Alive /MCA
Louisiana Red /Bumble Bee /Sittin' Here Wonderin' /Earwig
Rod Piazza /Bumble Bee (Buzz) /Harpburn /Black Top
Charlie Musselwhite /Sugaree /In My Time /Alligator
Alberta Adams /We Ain't Makin' Honey /Say Baby Say /Cannonball
Big Joe and the Dynaflows /Honey Bee /All Night Long /Severn