[Blues-l] Eric LeBlanc

Jay Watterworth jaywatterworth@comcast.net
Fri Sep 4 23:22:06 EDT 2015

Nicely put, Eliot.  Thank you.

Jay

-----Original Message-----
From: Eliot Williams via Blues-l
Sent: Friday, September 04, 2015 3:23 PM
To: Blues List ; pre-war-blues@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [Blues-l] Eric LeBlanc

I am very sad indeed to hear about Eric's death.  I had corresponded with hm
off and on since the early days of Blues-L.  He was a remarkable person,
with an unquenchable enthusiasm for Blues and related musical forms.  The
depth and breadth of his knowledge of blues, R&B and early soul music was
nothing short of amazing.  He had a huge record collection - I think he told
me once he had something like 20,000 LPs and 40,000 45s.  I think you'd need
to have training in library science to manage such a collection well, and in
fact he was a librarian (at the Herzberg Institute of Astrophysics) until he
retired a few years ago.  He was clearly obsessive about collecting both
music and information about musicians, but in a very good way.  His database
is a treasure that I hope can be preserved and added to in years to come.

Eliot Williams
Department of Medicine
University of Wisconsin
williams@medicine.wisc.edu