[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20150920

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Mon Sep 21 01:12:02 EDT 2015

Here's this week's playlist for Cha Cha Cha In Blue, Montreal's longest running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20150920 show from the archives at www.ckut.ca

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
INTRO
ID - Harry Manx

TRIBUTE TO JIMI HENDRIX Nov 27, 1942 – Sept 18, 1970
Michael Jerome Browne/Michael Jerome Browne/Manic Depression/Disques Bros
Harry Manx & Kevin Breit/Jubilee/Voodoo Chile (Slight Return)/Northernblues
ID - Bernard Allison
Bernard Allison/Blue Haze: Songs Of Jimi Hendrix/Hear My Train Comin'/Ruf Records
John Campbelljohn/Weight of the World/Little Wing/Nood Records
Pat Metheny/Stone Free: A Tribute To Jimi Hendrix/Third Stone From The Sun/Reprise Records
Bob Walsh/Live: A Canadian Blues Rendez-Vous/Purple Haze (with Dawn Tyler Watson & David Gogo)/Disques Bros

FEATURED NEW RELEASES
MonkeyJunk/Moon Turn Red/Light It Up/Stony Plain
MonkeyJunk/Moon Turn Red/Hot Hot Papa/Stony Plain
Jamiah On Fire & The Red Machine/Winners Never Quit/Winners Never Quit/Indie
Jamiah On Fire & The Red Machine/Winners Never Quit/It's Alright To Cry/Indie
Colin Linden/Rich In Love/The Hurt/Stony Plain

COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & NOTABLE EVENTS:
Ben Webster/The Big 3/Blues Mr. Brim/Sony
George Benson & Jack McDuff/George Benson & Jack McDuff/Hot Barbecue/Prestige Records
Nappy Brown/Don't Be Angry/I'm In The Mood/Savoy Jazz
Silas Hogan/Excello Records Vol. 1: Sound Of The Swamp/Everybody Needs Somebody/Rhino
B.B. King/Great Moments With B.B. King/Paying The Cost To Be The Boss/MCA Records
Snooky Pryor/Shake My Hand/Telephone Blues/Blind Pig Records
Sonny Boy Williamson/Little Boy Blue/Too Close Together    /MCR Productions
ID - Delta Moon
Willie "Big Eyes" Smith/Bluesin' It/Nobody Knows/Electro-Fi
Jimmy Witherspoon & Robben Ford/Live/Low Down Dirty Shame/Rhino
Darrell Nulisch/I Like It That Way/Worried Dream/Severn Records
Billy Boy Arnold/The Blues Soul Of Billy Boy Arnold/Keep On Rubbing/Stony Plain

ALY NEWMAN HOSTS MON SEPT 21 @ GRUMPY’S CHICK PICKIN’ MONDAYS 1242 Bishop Street Montreal Qc http://chickpickin.wix.com/home
Dirt Cheap Winos/Dirt Cheap Winos EP/Drunk Girls/Indie

APPEARING LIVE TUES SEPT 22 17h-19h @ QUAI DES BRUMES, 4481 rue St-Denis Mtl http://www.quaidesbrumes.ca/
Dan Livingstone And The Griffintown Jug Addicts/Dan Livingstone And The Griffintown Jug Addicts/61 Highway/Indie

Thanks to everyone who pledged during CKUT's annual Funding Drive http://www.ckut.ca/funding/  We'll accept your pledge anytime.
Go to http://ckut.ca/pledge.php to pledge and make sure to click Cha Cha Cha In Blue where it says "pledge directly to a show"
MONTREAL LISTINGS! CKUT is now publishing Montreal listings of Music, Arts & Culture, and Community Events. Help us out by submitting your event to listings@ckut.ca
Want me to include your blues/roots gig in my show? Send me the info at ckutblue@colba.net or invite me at www.facebook.com/chachachainblue.ckut