[Blues-l] blues foundation

Jimmy Jacobs jakeiivv@gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 13:27:12 EST 2015

No, he's not.  But he has been a major force in keeping the music in front
of the public for the past 40 years.

-----Original Message-----
From: Blues-l [mailto:blues-l-bounces@blues-l.com] On Behalf Of Jonny
Meister via Blues-l
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2015 12:13 PM
To: blues-l@blues-l.com
Subject: Re: [Blues-l] blues foundation

The comments Clapton supposedly made are awful. I don't know if they can be
viewed/heard anywhere online; there are supposed transcriptions of them, but
I haven't seen footage. Reminds me of comments Elvis Costello made about Ray
Charles. In both cases they were said to be drunk or whatever, but I say "In
vino veritas." This says a lot about them. Clapton had a lot of influence,
much of it helpful to blues artists who wouldn't need such help in a better
world, because he is a rock star - - but, as an actual BLUES artist, is he
really anything that special?