[Blues-l] blues foundation

Jonny Meister meisterblues@gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 13:12:44 EST 2015

The comments Clapton supposedly made are awful. I don't know if they
can be viewed/heard anywhere online; there are supposed
transcriptions of them, but I haven't seen footage. Reminds me of
comments Elvis Costello made about Ray Charles. In both cases they
were said to be drunk or whatever, but I say "In vino veritas." This
says a lot about them. Clapton had a lot of influence, much of it
helpful to blues artists who wouldn't need such help in a better
world, because he is a rock star - - but, as an actual BLUES artist,
is he really anything that special?