[Blues-l] blues foundation

Terence McArdle tmcardle1960@yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 12:30:30 EST 2015

No, you're absolutely right, Ron. Little Richard wasn't a blues singer. "Directly From My Heart To You" isn't blues. His first record -- "Every Hour?" Not blues either.

As for Clapton, he only helped Muddy Waters and Freddie King find a wider audience by bringing them on tour with him. My one real gripe with him -- and it's a huge one -- is his support of Enoch Powell. I agree with you about EC on principle but not pragmatically. And it could be a lot worse. They could have nominated Bloomfield or Jack White.

I'm very happy for Tommy Brown.

Terence