[Blues-l] PLAYLIST: Cha Cha Cha In Blue, CKUT FM 90, 3 Montreal 20150201

John Detcheverry ckutblue@colba.net
Mon Feb 2 01:28:38 EST 2015

Here's this week's playlist for Cha Cha Cha In Blue, Montreal's longest running blues radio show
CKUT FM 90,3 Get the 20150201 show from the archives at www.ckut.ca

Thanks to everyone who pledged during CKUT's annual Funding Drive http://www.ckut.ca/funding/  It's never too late to pledge!
Go to http://ckut.ca/pledge.php  to pledge and make sure to click Cha Cha Cha In Blue where it says "pledge directly to a show"

Artist/Album/Song/Label or Distributor
INTRO

SUPERBOWL THEME FOR NON-FANS
Zora Young/Travelin' Light/Football Widow/Deluge Records

TRIBUTE TO WILLIE DIXON
Willie Dixon/The Original Wang Dang Doodle/Wang Dang Doodle/Chess
Willie Mabon/Willie Dixon Chess Box/Seventh Son/Chess
Howlin' Wolf/Willie Dixon Chess Box/Evil/Chess
Muddy Waters/Willie Dixon Chess Box/I Just Want To Make Love To You/Chess
Jimmy Witherspoon/Willie Dixon Chess Box/When The Lights Go Out/Chess
Jessie Fortune/Willie Dixon: Boss Of The Chicago Blues/Too Many Cooks/Fuel 2000
Otis Rush/Willie Dixon: Boss Of The Chicago Blues/I Can't Quit You Baby/Fuel 2000
Bo Diddley/Willie Dixon Chess Box/You Can't Judge A Book By Its Cover/Chess

FEATURED NEW RELEASES
Jeff Jensen/Morose Elephant/Get Along/Indie
ID - Jeff Jensen
Jeff Jensen/Morose Elephant/Elephant Blue/Indie
Mike Goudreau/Je Reste Accroché/Envoie Ma Belle/Indie
Mike Goudreau/Je Reste Accroché/C'était Un Peu Trop Beau/Indie

COMMEMORATING BIRTHS, DEATHS, & NOTABLE EVENTS:
Lightnin' Hopkins/Blues In My Bottle/Wine Spodee-O-Dee/Prestige Bluesville
Jesse Fuller/Jesse Fuller's Favorites/Trouble If I Don't Use My Head/Prestige
Chuck Willis/Definitive Blues Anthology/C.C. Rider/Not Now Records
Hot Lips Page/Blues Masters Vol. 13: New York City Blues/Walkin' In A Daze/Rhino
Baby Face Willette/Stop And Listen/At Last/Blue Note
Bobby Bland/I Pity The Fool/The Duke Recordings Vol. 1/You Got Me (Where You Want Me)/MCA Records
Elmore James/The Sky Is Crying/Hawaiian Boogie/Rhino
Slim Harpo/The Best Of Slim Harpo/Baby Scratch My Back/Rhino
Sonny Boy Williamson/Chess Box Set/The Goat/Chess
Charlie Musselwhite/The Well/Clarksdale Getaway/Alligator
Ann Rabson/Struttin' My Stuff/School Days/M.C. Records
Nappy Brown/Don't Be Angry/Don't Be Angry/Savoy Jazz

APPEARING LIVE SAT FEB 7 @ HOUSE OF JAZZ 1639 Boul. de l’Avenir, Laval http://houseofjazz.ca/
Carolyn Fe/Bad Taboo/All About Them/Indie

APPEARING LIVE FRI FEB 6 @ BRUTOPIA 1219 Crescent 514-393-9277 http://www.brutopia.net/brutopia.htm
Shane Murphy/The Good Years Dirty Work/Bad Boy Yardy/Distribution Select

MONTREAL LISTINGS! CKUT is now publishing Montreal listings of Music, Arts & Culture, and Community Events. Help us out by submitting your event to listings@ckut.ca
Want me to include your Montreal-area blues/roots gig in my show? Send me the info at ckutblue@colba.net or invite me at www.facebook.com/chachachainblue.ckut

John Detcheverry
ckutblue@colba.net